stealing another's breath/energy

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

stealing another's breath/energy

Postby SRD » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:29 am

I am writing to see if you can shed some light on something that confounds my rational mind.

It is to do with taking energy from other people. It happens to me several times a week. It involves a feeling of an energy vacuum or hole appearing in my chest, and a corresponding gain of energy from the nearest person. This usually results in them taking a sudden intake of breath, or suddenly coughing. It starts as an unconscious process (I can never initiate it myself), where the energy vacuum appears in my chest, but continues as a conscious process, where I choose to continue with this 'grab' of energy.

So, in effect, I can cause people to lose their breath, and breath in suddenly, or suddenly cough, all because of this channel that occurs.

I have tried searching Google for any clues to see what this, and have only found a website about energy vampires. That website wasn't accurately describing what happens for me.

This phenomenon can't be interpreted through physics or science, which is why I am writing to you, to see if you can explain what is happening, why it is happening, and to point me in the right direction to learn more about things which can't be described by the rational mind and science.

I appreciate any help you can provide.
SRD

Re: stealing another's breath/energy

Postby Hanzze » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:02 am

Dear SRD,

what about just work on your greed? Solutions are not found in leaves but in the roots.
Maybe it is good to spend some time with more greedy people. So there is no danger to hurt.
Just that! :-)
Hanzze

Postby neverdowell » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:31 pm

Well, I believe this is possible SRD. I'm dealing with energy vampires myself but in the opposite direction - they are taking my energy. I don't know an exact solution except that you must purify your karma. All problems come from bad karma. So all I can suggest is purifying your karma through meditating on death (aka "impermanence"), generating bodhicitta, prostrations or mantras (in particular, Vajrasattva (if you're qualified)).

Someone else can list some more karma purifying practices because I'm no expert... thanks...

To develop bodhichitta, which is the actual practice, you need to develop such compassion that you simply cannot bear others being tormented by suffering. But in order to develop this compassion, you must know exactly how you yourself are plagued by suffering. And you must understand that the whole of samsara is by nature suffering. But first you must fear the lower realms, for without this you will have no repudiation of celestial and human happiness. You must therefore train your mind in the small- and medium- scope parts of the path. -- Pabongka Rinpoche
neverdowell

Postby catmoon » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:05 pm

Delusion, delusion, all is mind-created delusion...
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
catmoon
Former staff member

Postby Hanzze » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:40 am

You are right catmoon, but a good advice of "how to overcome it" is needed :-)
Just that! :-)
Hanzze

Postby ground » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:03 pm

SRD wrote:It involves a feeling of an energy vacuum or hole appearing in my chest, and a corresponding gain of energy from the nearest person. ...
So, in effect, I can cause people to lose their breath, and breath in suddenly, or suddenly cough, all because of this channel that occurs.

I have tried searching Google for any clues to see what this, and have only found a website about energy vampires. That website wasn't accurately describing what happens for me.

This phenomenon can't be interpreted through physics or science, which is why I am writing to you, to see if you can explain what is happening, why it is happening, and to point me in the right direction to learn more about things which can't be described by the rational mind and science.

The point is not to ask why but to ask yourself if you want to get rid of this phenomenon. I assume that you do not enjoy causing harm/suffering of others. And it may be that you yourself are suffering from it as well. This should then even increase your motivation to get rid of it.

So the question is: How to get rid of this phenomenon?

The issue is the vaccum or hole in your chest.

"Chest" is where the "heart" is, right?

Fill the vacuum/hole with something positive. You may want to try visualize a little Avalokiteshvara in there. One who emanates love and compassion in the form of rays of light in all the ten directions. Where these beams hit sentient beings their suffering turns into bliss.
Try it. But cultivate it first through concentrating your mind one-pointedly on little Avalokiteshvara in your heart and the loving and compassionate rays of light he emanates. Get routined with it so that you can apply it each time the negative "vacuum/hole"-phenomenon is on the verge of appearing.

Kind regards
ground

Postby nirmal » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:09 pm

Hi SRD,

I've moved here.I'll PM you late tonight or early tomorrow morning.Consider your problem solved.
nirmal
nirmal

Postby spiritnoname » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:18 am

You should know better RSD.

Don't do that anymore.
spiritnoname

Postby nirmal » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:21 pm

Hopefully SRD's problem is solved and he has started meditation to protect himself.Hope to hear a word or two from him soon.
nirmal

Postby kirtu » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:08 am

SRD - if you are serious then this is a serious matter. The mechanism could be explained a couple of different ways but none good of course. It could also be a figment of your imagination.

However this is happening because of your negative thoughts and attitudes about other people although you may not be aware of them. One way to handle this is to imagine the Buddha in front of you in the form of wisdom, composed of light and shining wisdom light everywhere healing yourself and all people everywhere and also blessing yourself and all beings with perfect love, kindness and compassion.

If you don't like that or find it difficult then think as much as possible "May all beings be well, happy and peaceful. May they be free from all harm and all sickness." After awhile then these things will stop happening.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
kirtu
Former staff member

Postby nirmal » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:55 am

Kirtu,

SRD's case is a complicated one.He is doing no harm to anyone.There are two practicing spirits with him, a male Punjabi man and a fat Indian lady who are using his body to suck energy from other people.I won't go into anymore details to be fair to him.I feel that his problem has been solved.I also feel that if we give someone the wrong advice, we may make things worse for him. I hope you agree with me on this matter.
nirmal

Postby Heruka » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:22 am

SRD wrote:I am writing to see if you can shed some light on something that confounds my rational mind.

really, truthfully, the confusion is yours.

rational/irrational

your duopoly.
Heruka

Postby KwanSeum » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:16 am

Heruka wrote:
SRD wrote:I am writing to see if you can shed some light on something that confounds my rational mind.

rational/irrational

your duopoly.

A suspicious first post. Also, over at FreeSangha this guy/gal also posted the same question as his/her first post.
'Accepting things as they are' and striving to improve them is living the Dharma while causing or accepting suffering because 'that's the way things are' is Nihilism.
KwanSeum

Postby muni » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:45 am

KwanSeum wrote:
Heruka wrote:

rational/irrational

your duopoly.

A suspicious first post. Also, over at FreeSangha this guy/gal also posted the same question as his/her first post.

look into own mind only. Longchenpa
Then one can recognize misperception in duality. All mind.

We see a lot there in own motivation, like how samsara is fabricate.

There is no ground to talk so.
"Simple suspicious of others has its' roots in a polluted state of mind, then we project that on "others".
muni

Postby KwanSeum » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:09 pm

Mumi wrote:
KwanSeum wrote:A suspicious first post. Also, over at FreeSangha this guy/gal also posted the same question as his/her first post.

"Simple suspicious of others has its' roots in a polluted state of mind, then we project that on "others".

Am I right in thinking you are saying my mind is polluted because I suspect a troll?

How then, Mumi, would you account for the exact same post being placed on FreeSangha (cf, http://www.freesangha.com/forums/index. ... 8#msg32008) by SRD as first posts to which SRD never answered on both occasions despite it being weeks ago?

Of course there could be a perfectly reasonable explanation but it still seems odd.
'Accepting things as they are' and striving to improve them is living the Dharma while causing or accepting suffering because 'that's the way things are' is Nihilism.
KwanSeum

Postby muni » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:13 pm

KwanSeum wrote:
muni wrote:
KwanSeum wrote:A suspicious first post. Also, over at FreeSangha this guy/gal also posted the same question as his/her first post.

Am I right in thinking you are saying my mind is polluted because I suspect a troll?

How then, Muni, would you account for the exact same post being placed on FreeSangha (cf, http://www.freesangha.com/forums/index. ... 8#msg32008) by SRD as first posts to which SRD never answered on both occasions despite it being weeks ago?

Of course there could be a perfectly reasonable explanation but it still seems odd.

I see there same "topic" on free sangha.

suspicious of others has its' roots in a polluted state of mind, then we project that on "others". = quote by His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

Careful with trolling. "Mumi"
muni

Postby KwanSeum » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:04 pm

muni wrote:suspicious of others has its' roots in a polluted state of mind, then we project that on "others". = quote by His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

No doubt, but it doesn't follow that every suspicious thing is deluded.
KwanSeum

Postby nirmal » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:13 pm

SRD has been looking for a solution to his problem for a long time.His problem had made him weak and helpless. He had run out of options and decided to look for a solution at Free Sangha. It is true that he first posted his problem at Free Sangha and I promised him help through my Vajraguru who would only be coming to my house on the 23rd of November.But then, I decided to leave Free Sangha and come over here. SRD did the same and posted his problem here.

SRD is 34 years old and he is from Australia.Though I am from Malaysia, my Vajraguru solved his problem right away after taking a look at his photograph which he e-mailed to me.Distance is not a problem for an enlightened man to solve any problem of this nature? An enlightened guru's mind can travel faster than the speed of light.We should be praying for SRD's quick recovery instead.

May the Buddhas be with him, may he become aware of his Buddha nature and pick the Buddhist path one day.We,as Buddhist, have helped a non-Buddhist and should leave his problem at that.That poor chap had no options but to seek help from Buddhists.
nirmal

Postby Ngawang Drolma » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:28 pm

KwanSeum wrote:
Heruka wrote:

rational/irrational

your duopoly.

Hi KwanSeum,

I've known Heruka a long time, and I can reassure you that he's not trollling :)

Kindly,
Laura
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Postby Ngawang Drolma » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Oh, my apologies. I see that Heruka wasn't suspected as a troll, but the OP.
Oops, I'll sneak off to be quiet now. :emb:

Kind wishes,
Laura
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Return to Personal Experience