YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

Ideas for pilgrimage/holiday please - Dhamma Wheel

Ideas for pilgrimage/holiday please

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths. What can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Ruralist

Ideas for pilgrimage/holiday please

Postby Ruralist » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:21 am

Hi all :anjali:
Hope everyone is well and free from suffering. Hope also i am posting this in the right place? If not please move it to the correct forum :shrug:
I rarely post on here so i am sorry that yet again after a hiatus i am after some advice please.
I'm thinking of doing a pilgrimage/holiday and i wondered if anyone could please suggest/advise on places, experiences, etc
I've been looking into tours of India, holy sites etc but all these package holidays have so much travelling by vehicle (4,5,6+ hrs) between places i dont think its for me. I am thinking of 2 weeks away, book flight and basic hotel for 1st week and then hope i can find a temple or monastery for the second week. sound like a plan?
Thing is i'm not sure where to go........i've always been attracted to Kathmandu for some reason (despite thinking of my (not)self as Theravada) and have found some affordable flight and hotel deals, again hotel for 1st week and hope to find a monastery for the second. I want to be able do some sightseeing, trekking, meditation obviously and also be able to have some downtime to read and de-stress etc, so probably going somewhere particularly remote isnt really on the agenda.

Any feedback, ideas, other suggestions, locations etc much appreciated :smile:
Thanks with metta

Ollie the Ruralist
"Let monkeys be monkeys without getting emotionally involved. Peace can be born within you because you know the way monkeys are. Knowing the manner of monkeys, you will let go and be at peace, not getting tied up in monkey business." Ven. Ajahn Chah

cooran

Re: Ideas for pilgrimage/holiday please

Postby cooran » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:47 am

Hello Ollie,

You may find this thread of use:

Have u ever been to India or maybe you have a plan to go?
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12548

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---

Return to “Connections to Other Paths”