Dilgo Khyentse video tribute

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Dilgo Khyentse video tribute

Postby Karma Jinpa » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:23 am

Beginning with an introduction by His Holiness the Dalai Lama, and ending with Yangsi Dilgo Khyentse, this video tribute includes rare footage of Kyabjé Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche in many different roles (vajra master among them), and even leaving Shechen monastery for the last time. It also shows him simply smiling, radiating wisdom & compassion as he did.

Rinpoche is seen with both everyday people and notable figures, many of them eminent Rinpoches in their own right (including Tulku Orgyen, Chökyi Nyima, Drubwang Tsoknyi III, Jamgön Kongtrul III, and Dzongsar Jamyang Khyentse).

It is nothing short of precious :heart:

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, it happens that a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་རཱ་ག་ཨ་སྱ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།
ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།

:namaste:
Karma Jinpa

Re: Dilgo Khyentse video tribute

Postby Lindama » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:32 am

:namaste:
My soul/sole connection with him was in a pic on an altar, he winked at me! He was long dead, and I didn't know who he was. heart to heart, no way to explain. But, I already had rabbits in my view.... :group:

thanks and blessings

ps... did you see Dzongsar Khyenste Rinpoche at about 5:00+
Lindama

Re: Dilgo Khyentse video tribute

Postby Punya » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:30 am

Yes, its wonderful. I cry every time I watch it at the point where DKR gets in the car to leave Shechen for last time.
Unless the inner forces of negative emotions are conquered
Strife with outer enemies will never end.
~Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
Punya

Return to Nyingma