i need a girlfriend/wife

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
yunghung

i need a girlfriend/wife

Post by yunghung »

I have a feeling that to become inlightened i need a girlfriend/wife i had a like devine present in a dream last night telling me in some way i need a gf to reach nirvana/enlightment i know about everything about buddhism and about hinduism that they believe in karma riencarnation can have a wife so should i go hindu so i can get a gf?can a buddhist have a gf and reach nirvana?should i go hindu as my new religion?has someone reached enlightment while having a girlfriend? Hes a vid of me explaining the dream i had as best as i could http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=closZIp-oiE ps.they deleted my 2 threads i created so i recreated them :techproblem: stop deleteing my threads! Plz be compassionate
wisdom

Re: i need a girlfriend/wife

Post by wisdom »

You can have a wife in Buddhism. Ordained Buddhist Monks can't marry though, but that doesn't prevent you from Enlightenment in any way.
yunghung

Post by yunghung »

I think its a distraction having a wife becouse its like an attachment?but can i have a wife while im not a monk?
krodha

Post by krodha »

There's no necessity to be a monk.

But if you are interested in being part of a structured community which is akin to being a monk, there are tantric [vajrayāna] practitioners called ngakpas [sngags pa], which do marry and are even encouraged to have a sang yum. Ngakpas will even grow their hair long to express a difference between themselves and the traditional monastic lifestyle and requirements. So there are options.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

yunghung wrote:I have a feeling that to become inlightened i need a girlfriend/wife i had a like devine present in a dream last night telling me in some way i need a gf to reach nirvana/enlightment i know about everything about buddhism and about hinduism that they believe in karma riencarnation can have a wife so should i go hindu so i can get a gf?can a buddhist have a gf and reach nirvana?should i go hindu as my new religion?has someone reached enlightment while having a girlfriend? Hes a vid of me explaining the dream i had as best as i could http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=closZIp-oiE ps.they deleted my 2 threads i created so i recreated them :techproblem: stop deleteing my threads! Plz be compassionate
There are numerous threads on this topic publicly visible--many of them initiated by you.

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”