Becomeing a buddhist monk in china

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
tigerh98

Re: Becomeing a buddhist monk in china

Post by tigerh98 »

Luke i saw that video allready like 4 months ago when i wanted to become a shaolin monk but i found at that the monks there arent real monks they get money its a.huge bissness the shaolin temple the temple is legit the shaolin temple lost all its glory they dont practice kung fu they practice wushu which the real monks in shaolin didnt like 60 years ago its sad the shaolin temple is a fraud/hoax/fake look on google and type shaolin temple fraud/hoax/fake thats how i found the truth of shaolin
Qing Tian

Post by Qing Tian »

No problem. I just thought it might be fun to do before you get settled in to monastic life. It's a great atmosphere. :smile:
“Not till your thoughts cease all their branching here and there, not till you abandon all thoughts of seeking for something, not till your mind is motionless as wood or stone, will you be on the right road to the Gate.”
Alfredo

Post by Alfredo »

(no longer participating on this board)
Luke

Post by Luke »

tigerh98 wrote:Luke i saw that video allready like 4 months ago when i wanted to become a shaolin monk but i found at that the monks there arent real monks they get money its a.huge bissness the shaolin temple the temple is legit the shaolin temple lost all its glory they dont practice kung fu they practice wushu which the real monks in shaolin didnt like 60 years ago its sad the shaolin temple is a fraud/hoax/fake look on google and type shaolin temple fraud/hoax/fake thats how i found the truth of shaolin
The first Shaolin temple the host visits is a fake like you said, but the 2nd temple he visits further out in the countryside seems legitimate (although I don't know this for a fact. Check with others who know more about China).
Alfredo

Post by Alfredo »

Besides kung fu, another option would be to enroll in a gym and take up boxing. Nobody thinks boxing is magic (unlike kung fu), but it builds character as well as muscles, and you'll make friends for life. (And probably break your nose, but everything has its price.) Fortunately, nobody ever asks whether this or that gym is an "authentic" representative of the boxing tradition!
(no longer participating on this board)
tigerh98

Post by tigerh98 »

I like chinese martial arts not boxing boxing in my view is a weak martial arts i prefer Wing Chun Or Tai Chi or other chinese martial art

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”