It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Kalu R. gets married.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:59 am 

E-mail from Lama Palden of Sukhasiddhi Foundation:

Dear Spiritual Friends,

I am writing to you from Taragrah ("Tara's home"), the hotel we are staying at that is near Sherab Ling, Situ Rinpoche's monastery and nunnery. We saw Rinpoche yesterday and were fortunate to have a long, joyful conversation with him. We are meant to see him again tomorrow.

The reason I'm writing is to let you all know that Kalu Rinpoche got married last Friday in Kathmandu.

He has been courting his now wife for over a year and in the photos of him, as you will see, he looks so happy. She is called Mingyur, but I don't know her full name. Her father is Chokling Tersar Rinpoche, the second son of Urgyen Tulku. His elder brother is Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche and his younger brothers are Tsok Nyi and Mingyur Rinpoches. Her brothers are Phakchok Rinpoche and the Yantsi tulku Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

Our beloved Kalu Rinpoche has been building a house for them near one of his monasteries in India.

We wish them profound happiness, love and for their activity for sentient beings to flourish!

all my love,

Lama Palden

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:44 am 

I first spotted this news but without much details on Rinpoche's FB page where some days ago and recently 2 comments were congratulating him on his marriage and new wife. May Rinpoche and his spouse have a fruitful wedded bliss and life.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:56 pm 

So apparently Yangsi Kalu Rinpoche recently got married to Mingyur Paldon (sister of Yangsi Dilgo Khyentse and daughter of Chokling Rinpoche).

Does this mean he will be a Repa/Yogi, and no longer a celibate monk? Or will it be a situation similar to the 15th Karmapa, who had a consort who gave birth to 2nd Jamgön Kongtrul Rinpoche?

Any students of the 1st Kyabjé Kalu Rinpoche, or of Yangsi Kalu, care to chime in?

Discuss. :popcorn: :coffee:

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, it happens that a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་རཱ་ག་ཨ་སྱ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།
ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།

:namaste:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:02 pm 
Site Admin

Two threads on the same topic have been merged.

--the mod

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=13727

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:15 pm 

Chokling Rinpoche as his father-in-law seems pretty auspicious. Feels like something good.

/magnus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:17 pm 

He decided not to become a celibate monk when he came out of his three year retreat.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:27 pm 

I've known about this for almost a year now and sincerely wish them well. I hope there are not too many political implications and motives to sour things.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:39 pm 

lisehull wrote:
He decided not to become a celibate monk when he came out of his three year retreat.

Thank you for clarifying, Lise. Best wishes for the new couple!

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, it happens that a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་རཱ་ག་ཨ་སྱ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།
ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:38 am 

smcj wrote:
E-mail from Lama Palden of Sukhasiddhi Foundation:

Dear Spiritual Friends,

I am writing to you from Taragrah ("Tara's home"), the hotel we are staying at that is near Sherab Ling, Situ Rinpoche's monastery and nunnery. We saw Rinpoche yesterday and were fortunate to have a long, joyful conversation with him. We are meant to see him again tomorrow.

The reason I'm writing is to let you all know that Kalu Rinpoche got married last Friday in Kathmandu.

He has been courting his now wife for over a year and in the photos of him, as you will see, he looks so happy. She is called Mingyur, but I don't know her full name. Her father is Chokling Tersar Rinpoche, the second son of Urgyen Tulku. His elder brother is Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche and his younger brothers are Tsok Nyi and Mingyur Rinpoches. Her brothers are Phakchok Rinpoche and the Yantsi tulku Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

Our beloved Kalu Rinpoche has been building a house for them near one of his monasteries in India.

We wish them profound happiness, love and for their activity for sentient beings to flourish!

all my love,

Lama Palden

How wonderful. What an auspicious union! :bow: