Everyone takes vows at some times. A very risky thing to do since the possibility of breaking them is always present. I have broken every single vow I ever took. That's why I am more or less a broken toy of a dharma practicer!! But since I have shamelessness, I want to suggest the following Aspirations (not vows) for householders who want to gain in their practice!
1) Aspire to practice 1 hour for every hour watching tv or movies or going to plays or entertainment. ONe hour! Better would be 2 hours.
2) Aspire to practice 1 hour for every 15 minutes arguing with someone, or thinking about arguing or winning some fight with someone!
3) Aspire to spend 1 year losing every argument you have with people. Let them win! This is good for intelligent and competitive people!
4) Aspire to practice on and off meditation seat every single day. No vacation mind!
5) Aspire to bless everyone who does you harm. No exceptions!!
Any other aspirations out there?