Antibiotic resistant infections

A place to discuss health and fitness, including healthy diets, etc.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Re: Antibiotic resistant infections

Post by Adamantine »

disjointed wrote:my lungs are much better today.

:twothumbsup:
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Sherab Dorje wrote:For Helicobacter infections (leading to ulcers) you may wish to try Mastic gum. It does not help in controlling acid levels but it kill Helicobacter bacteria without any negative side effects. It is quite rare (it only grows (successfully) on the southern part of the island of Chios in Greece) but is not all that expensive. If people have problems finding it, then send me a PM and I will organise to get some to you, as it is quite cheap and easy to find here in Lesbos (since Chios is a neighbouring island).

Seems to be easy to find here online too: http://www.amazon.com/Gum-Mastic-JAR-ap ... mastic+gum
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

I can't figure out by reviews which of the products is worth getting.

I did find though actual studies stating that mastic gum does kill h. pylori, so i'm pretty much sold.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Adamantine wrote:Seems to be easy to find here online too: http://www.amazon.com/Gum-Mastic-JAR-ap ... mastic+gum
It looks like the real deal. Only alarm bells I had was from one reviewer that said it "chews soft". Normally it starts off brittle and then softens as you chew it, but it does not become as soft as normal gum. Actually it is quite tough. I remember as a child that we would chew it along with some bees wax in order to soften it. This would also be beneficial for people with stomach problems as natural bees wax also has anti-bacterial (and other) properties.
I can't figure out by reviews which of the products is worth getting.
I would recommed natural pieces of gum. You can then crush it and fill capsules yourself if you wish. Or add it, crushed, to tea and drink it. We have a traditional sweet here, a vanilla fondue, flavoured with mastic, that you eat plunged in iced water. I don't know how beneficial all that sugar would be for your stomach acid levels though...
vanilla mastic.jpg
vanilla mastic.jpg (7.25 KiB) Viewed 2178 times
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Sherab Dorje wrote: We have a traditional sweet here, a vanilla fondue, flavoured with mastic, that you eat plunged in iced water. I don't know how beneficial all that sugar would be for your stomach acid levels though...
vanilla mastic.jpg
Mastic ice cream is pretty awesome too! Never seen it outside of Greece. . .
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Its freely available in the areas of London with a Iranian population..like the Edgeware Road for example. You like the texture or you dont...I love it. :smile:
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
disjointed

Post by disjointed »

annnd I'm sick again.
I'm considering moving away from FL to a drier state where bacteria have a harder time surviving on surfaces.
If there is a radical inconsistency between your statements and the position you claim to hold,
you are a sock puppet.
Make as many accounts as you want; people can identify your deception with this test.

Return to “Wellness, Diet and Fitness”