Who went to Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche's talk on 14th Nov?

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
narraboth

Who went to Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche's talk on 14th Nov?

Post by narraboth »

In London.

I got the text which Rinpoche gave transmission in the end. pls contact me.

And I am wondering if anyone has the record of his talk on that day? I made a note but there are some points I want to confirm.
Dhondrub

Re: Who went to Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche's talk on 14th Nov?

Post by Dhondrub »

http://www.dharmagar.com/fileadmin/audi ... on__UK.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

thank you....
one hundred kisses :)
Dhondrub

Post by Dhondrub »

my pleasure...
you`ll find the other talks on dharmagar.de
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

Dhondrub wrote:my pleasure...
you`ll find the other talks on dharmagar.de
about the talk...
there's a LUNG in the end.
As mentioned I got the text of guruyoga, but do you know which ngondro version rinpoche gave?
I tried to listen to it but can only recognise 30% of it. I e-mailed Arne Schelling and he/she replied that it should be khyentse wangpo's 'supreme path to enlightenment.' However, I got the tibetan text of it, I listened to mp3 and check, I am pretty sure it's not that text. (If you have the text you can check too)

Do you have any idea what the text for LUNG can be or anyone can ask rinpoche about it?
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

I listened to it again and found:

Refuge and bodhicitta are from Longchen Nyingthig's long ngondro.
('kun cho sum dang de she tsa wa sum....')
Vajrasattva I can't hear clearly, but 100 syllables mantra was surely there.
Mandala is not clear in the beginning either, but there is a common short mandala offer in the end.
Guruyoga (for Ngondro, not the text requested) was short and not clear, but there is 'du sum sangye ma' in it for sure.

It sounds like a combination of different texts. (there is no 'du sum sangye ma' in either long or short Nyingthig Ngondro, and the short nyingthig ngondro doesn't have 'kun cho sum dang....') Probably Rinpoche arranged and combined them for good.
heart

Post by heart »

Could it have been the Dudjom tersar http://www.turtlehill.org/khen/tersar.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

heart wrote:Could it have been the Dudjom tersar http://www.turtlehill.org/khen/tersar.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?

/magnus
Hi, very good document. I like this Ngondro text, but it's not the one Rinpoche gave.
heart

Post by heart »

narraboth wrote:
heart wrote:Could it have been the Dudjom tersar http://www.turtlehill.org/khen/tersar.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?

/magnus
Hi, very good document. I like this Ngondro text, but it's not the one Rinpoche gave.
Just a guess, but it could have been since Rinpoche do have some close connections with the Dudjom Tersar. But I heard that he mainly teach Longchen Nyingthik to his students.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”