YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

Enlightenment...Nirvana...I am arahat - Page 4 - Dhamma Wheel

Enlightenment...Nirvana...I am arahat

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths. What can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Jaidyn

Re: Enlightenment...Nirvana...I am arahat

Postby Jaidyn » Wed May 09, 2012 6:02 pm

tiltbillings

Postby tiltbillings » Wed May 09, 2012 6:13 pm

SDC

Postby SDC » Wed May 09, 2012 6:33 pm

Jaidyn

Postby Jaidyn » Wed May 09, 2012 6:47 pm

Cittasanto

Postby Cittasanto » Wed May 09, 2012 7:47 pm

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.

David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby David N. Snyder » Wed May 09, 2012 8:57 pm

Goofaholix

Postby Goofaholix » Wed May 09, 2012 9:09 pm

Aloka

Postby Aloka » Wed May 09, 2012 10:04 pm

dharmapasschakra

Postby dharmapasschakra » Wed May 09, 2012 10:34 pm

David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby David N. Snyder » Wed May 09, 2012 10:56 pm

Teaching doesn't have to = advertising. Teaching is good. And why not reach / teach more people; for those interested?

“Wander forth, O bhikkhus, for the welfare of the multitude, for the happiness of the multitude, out of compassion for the world, for the good, welfare, and happiness of devas and humans. Let not two go the same way. Teach, O bhikkhus, the Dhamma that is good in the beginning, good in the middle, good in the end, with the right meaning and phrasing.”
Samyutta Nikaya 4.453

Goofaholix

Postby Goofaholix » Wed May 09, 2012 11:05 pm

Dmytro

Postby Dmytro » Thu May 10, 2012 3:42 am

Volcommerce

Postby Volcommerce » Thu May 10, 2012 4:08 am

Hello,

Even the most detailed explanation of experience from the highest achiever of any spiritual path, has received, and is experiencing things related to the profound experience he has had. Does this mean others can experience the same thing? Yes, but the message is not indicative of that, in fact, there is no information available that is indicative of the possibilities true conscious experience and the life involving affects of karma and experience. The only meaningful response would be to attempt to acknowledge and understand that such things are possible in the sphere of human life, which is, in essence, something we all know nothing about, as we all know nothing about ourselves, and to know that you know nothing is to know something, and upon reaching this realization you will have realized your empty nature..

One should avoid the irrelevant factual information pertaining to ones experience of enlightenment, but rather, identify the personal condition and intention of the individual that led the individual through the experience; true development comes from within, and one should follow ones heart before they seek to understand oneself through another's words.

The reality is that the honest heartfelt contributions of the members of this site are potentially more meaningful and relevant to ones development than anything any ''spiritual'' master could teach, claim or explain. True development comes from within, and the external information one processes that contributes to such a path can come at any time, from anybody - your heart will know and should know what is true if you are true with yourself and your intention to seek and live a good, honest life of intention and seeking of what is right. I must enforce my true nature of my equality, and the equality one must align with with oneself and the universe and all that exists within it.
Last edited by Volcommerce on Thu May 10, 2012 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cittasanto

Postby Cittasanto » Thu May 10, 2012 5:13 am

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.

Jaidyn

Postby Jaidyn » Thu May 10, 2012 6:00 am

edit: removed
Last edited by Jaidyn on Thu May 10, 2012 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Volcommerce

Postby Volcommerce » Thu May 10, 2012 6:05 am

Hi Cittassanto great post,
I addition to your post, I must emphasize the truth of your statement. 'Listening attentively,'' is indicative of the compassion and compassionate force that desires oneself to push others along the development of one's enlightened nature, however, shortsighted, due to the reality that individuals will develop oneself at a pace and rate unique to his or her karmic experience, unrelated to the emphasis placed on the words spoken by anyone.

I must also emphasize the truth to the statement, ''they have learned much, and mastered what they learnt.'' Indeed this is true, however, in regard to this statement, it could be said that, one does not learn anything, or master anything. One merely comes a state of realization, which could indeed by described as a mastery of oneself; In this state of realization one is in a state of knowing, he or her is in a direct perception of some force, some condition of direct perception of intuitive and non conditioned state of directness and fluidity, openness and wisdom, achieved the nature of his or her human condition enforced and acted one by ones inner nature of true to heart honest intention.

I advise the seekers of this path to cultivate ones inner desire to do all that is right, all the time, and to continuously question how one is acting in relation to other people and the universe, as if some all-knowing force was observing the true conditions of ones actions and observing whether one was truly acting with intention of this condition.

tiltbillings

Postby tiltbillings » Thu May 10, 2012 6:13 am

Volcommerce

Postby Volcommerce » Thu May 10, 2012 6:59 am

The buddhist eightfold path contains eight ''rights''

1. Right View
2. Right Intention
3. Right Speech
4. Right Action
5. Right Livelihood
6. Right Effort
7. Right Mindfulness
8. Right Concentration

tiltbillings

Postby tiltbillings » Thu May 10, 2012 7:12 am

Cittasanto

Postby Cittasanto » Thu May 10, 2012 7:20 am

Return to “Connections to Other Paths”