blocking realization

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

blocking realization

Postby duffster1 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:34 pm

I heard Chogyal Namkhai Noru Rinpoche say at the webcast today that everyone has the potential to realize rainbow body and then he said that one can block that potential and then one has no possibility of realizing it in this life?Is it possible to block one's possibility of having realization for their entire life?
duffster1
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: blocking realization

Postby KonchokZoepa » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:38 pm

a better question would be that what exactly is this blockage?
KonchokZoepa
 
Posts: 1267
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Re: blocking realization

Postby duffster1 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:40 pm

KonchokZoepa wrote:a better question would be that what exactly is this blockage?


Well yes but i thought one could always realize.(or remove blockage)
duffster1
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: blocking realization

Postby KonchokZoepa » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:35 pm

but if you dont know what the blockage is how can you remove it ?
KonchokZoepa
 
Posts: 1267
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Re: blocking realization

Postby duffster1 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:40 pm

KonchokZoepa wrote:but if you dont know what the blockage is how can you remove it ?


My OP was that Rinpoche said there was blockage that couldn't be removed in this lifetime.
duffster1
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: blocking realization

Postby KonchokZoepa » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:40 pm

well, you can never remove it if you dont know what the blockage is..?
KonchokZoepa
 
Posts: 1267
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Re: blocking realization

Postby duffster1 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:41 pm

duffster1 wrote:
KonchokZoepa wrote:but if you dont know what the blockage is how can you remove it ?


My OP was that Rinpoche said there was blockage that couldn't be removed in this lifetime,not find the blockage and remove it.
duffster1
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: blocking realization

Postby duffster1 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:42 pm

KonchokZoepa wrote:well, you can never remove it if you dont know what the blockage is..?


I totally agree.
duffster1
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: blocking realization

Postby KonchokZoepa » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:43 pm

that is why i presented the question that does anyone know what the blockage is he was talking about. that would prove most likely to be useful information.
KonchokZoepa
 
Posts: 1267
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Re: blocking realization

Postby Konchog1 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:47 pm

“My guru told me that if I did not promulgate this Dharma [Yamantaka] widely, but solely practiced it, my body would become a rainbow body in this lifetime, but hoping to benefit you, I did not follow this command, and so I will be reborn another two or three times."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats

There are likely other blockages as well.
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
User avatar
Konchog1
 
Posts: 1227
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:30 am

Re: blocking realization

Postby duffster1 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:52 pm

KonchokZoepa wrote:that is why i presented the question that does anyone know what the blockage is he was talking about. that would prove most likely to be useful information.


He didn't elaborate that's why i was wondering what he meant by saying it,i don't have the exact quote but he said something along the lines of one can block realization of the rainbow body for this life time,i don't think i misunderstood him.
duffster1
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: blocking realization

Postby padma norbu » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:01 pm

Most people, including dzogchen practitioners, probably don't achieve rainbow body, right? Seems like they were all blocked, then.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
User avatar
padma norbu
 
Posts: 2000
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 1:10 am

Re: blocking realization

Postby KonchokZoepa » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:10 pm

duffster1 i was listening to the teaching, i heard also what you are talking about, but he didnt mention what the blockage was/is.

but i would think that there are many many blockages and its matter of realization and merit and wisdom that you transform into such advanced being that you manifest rainbow body in this life.

i have a book by ChNN named something rainbow body, i havent read it but i think its a story of a yogi and something with rainbow body, might have something else also in it other than the story. if you want it i can send it to you via email or skype.
KonchokZoepa
 
Posts: 1267
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Re: blocking realization

Postby duffster1 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:12 pm

padma norbu wrote:Most people, including dzogchen practitioners, probably don't achieve rainbow body, right? Seems like they were all blocked, then.


Yes true.but i'm under the impression that all blockages can be removed in this lifetime,so what could block without a possibility of unblocking in this lifetime?
duffster1
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: blocking realization

Postby duffster1 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:15 pm

duffster1 wrote:
padma norbu wrote:Most people, including dzogchen practitioners, probably don't achieve rainbow body, right? Seems like they were all blocked, then.


Yes true.but i'm under the impression that all blockages can be removed in this lifetime,so what could block without a possibility of unblocking in this lifetime?

i don't know if i'm making my question clear,it just seems strange that there could be something that one hasn't got a possibility to unblock.
duffster1
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: blocking realization

Postby duffster1 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:16 pm

KonchokZoepa wrote:duffster1 i was listening to the teaching, i heard also what you are talking about, but he didnt mention what the blockage was/is.

but i would think that there are many many blockages and its matter of realization and merit and wisdom that you transform into such advanced being that you manifest rainbow body in this life.

i have a book by ChNN named something rainbow body, i havent read it but i think its a story of a yogi and something with rainbow body, might have something else also in it other than the story. if you want it i can send it to you via email or skype.


Yes thank you KonchokZoepa,i will send u my email address.

:thumbsup:
duffster1
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: blocking realization

Postby asunthatneversets » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:01 pm

One potential block is damage to samaya, and when you're a teacher you apparently take on the samaya of your students. ChNN has said before that because he has so many students, it would be somewhat difficult for him to attain rainbow body.
asunthatneversets
 
Posts: 1101
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:30 pm

Re: blocking realization

Postby futerko » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:05 pm

He did say what the cause of the potential blockage was... I think it was something about bragging to other people about achievements, visions, and accomplishments, but I would have to listen to the replay to be 100% sure.



edit; I think the point he was making was that any "results" on an energy level were merely a halfway point to the real deal, which was to realise the nature of mind itself.
we cannot get rid of God because we still believe in grammar - Nietzsche
User avatar
futerko
 
Posts: 993
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:58 am

Re: blocking realization

Postby Pero » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:11 pm

duffster1 wrote:I heard Chogyal Namkhai Noru Rinpoche say at the webcast today that everyone has the potential to realize rainbow body and then he said that one can block that potential and then one has no possibility of realizing it in this life?Is it possible to block one's possibility of having realization for their entire life?

Most likely (did not listen) he was talking about getting attached to experiences.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: blocking realization

Postby alpha » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:29 pm

Cnnr has specifically reffered to the fault of attachement to vissionary experiences during thogal due to not having a stable base.
In another webcast Rinpoche has said that that these blockages can be removed if one trains under guidance very precisely and starts anew from the very beginning by reeducating their own minds ....starting with shamata etc.....
AOM
alpha
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:05 pm
Location: kent

Next

Return to Dzogchen

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

>