New old guy

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.

New old guy

Postby Old Dude » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:12 am

Retired and living in the mountains of Northern New Mexico with my wonderful wife, two cats, howling coyotes, garbage stealing bears and a neighbor who shoots off guns.
It's probably too late for me to become a bodhisattva in this existence, but its never too late to begin. :alien:
Old Dude

Re: New old guy

Postby smcj » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:53 am

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:anjali:
A human being has his limits. And thus, in every conceivable way, with every possible means, he tries to make the teaching enter into his own limits. ChNN
smcj

Postby Sherab Dorje » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:34 am

It's never too late. I recommend you read the biography of the Mahasiddha Tantipa.
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby lobster » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:10 am

:woohoo:

:consoling: Bodhisattva activity and company will give you a new lease of life :twothumbsup:
lobster

Postby Jikan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:02 pm

Old Dude wrote:Retired and living in the mountains of Northern New Mexico with my wonderful wife, two cats, howling coyotes, garbage stealing bears and a neighbor who shoots off guns.
It's probably too late for me to become a bodhisattva in this existence, but its never too late to begin. :alien:

Welcome to the board!

You're living in one of the most beautiful places on this earth. There's a surprising amount of Dharma activity in New Mexico... the Zuni Mountain Stupa is probably not very near you, but in case it's accessible, check this out

http://www.zunimountainstupa.org/
Jikan
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:06 pm

Welcome, Old Dude!

I think that anybody who lives with bears is very cool! I love bears. :smile:

Good luck with your Buddhist path! :namaste:
Luke

Postby Johnny Dangerous » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:58 pm

Old Dude wrote:Retired and living in the mountains of Northern New Mexico with my wonderful wife, two cats, howling coyotes, garbage stealing bears and a neighbor who shoots off guns.

Only one neighbor shooting off guns, unusual for NM;) Welcome to DW, i'm from Albuquerque originally btw.
"Just as a lotus does not grow out of a well-levelled soil but from the mire, in the same way the awakening mind
is not born in the hearts of disciples in whom the moisture of attachment has dried up. It grows instead in the hearts of ordinary sentient beings who possess in full the fetters of bondage." -Se Chilbu Choki Gyaltsen
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Postby David N. Snyder » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:27 pm

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!
from a place not too far from Area 51

:alien:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Return to Introductions