Ngakpa Lineage of Ogyan Tanzin Rinpoche

phantom59

Ngakpa Lineage of Ogyan Tanzin Rinpoche

Post by phantom59 »

Lopon P. Ogyan Tanzin Rinpoche is the great-great-grandson of the treasure-revealer Terton Jigme Kundrol, one of the four supreme disciples of the famous master Jigme Lingpa (1730-93).Terton Jigme Kundrol was born in Wangdar Lung, Bhutan. In his youth he trained in the Drukpa Kagyu lineage. While serving as the manager for his monastery, he witnessed the killing of animals for meat and deep compassion arose within him.

Thereupon he left his monastery and went to Tibet, where he received a complete monastic education at the renowned Mindrolling monastery. When he heard that the great master Jigme Lingpa was residing at Samye, he decided to go there. He was fortunate enough to be accepted as a personal disciple by Jigme Lingpa, from whom he received all the precious lineage transmissions. Practicing under Jigme Lingpa’s guidance, he obtained accomplishment and was recognized as one of the latter’s four supreme disciples.Following his master’s orders, he returned to Thawa Drak in Bumtang, Bhutan, where he established his residence. He then went on to Dungsam and built a monastery called Yongleg Gon.

He was especially powerful in the practice of Dorje Phurba and was able to offer protection to the people, the Buddhist doctrine and the kingdom of Bhutan. Due to his blessings and loving kindness, he became very famous and his name is frequently found in the religious histories of the Kingdom of Bhutan.

Lopon P. Ogyan Tanzin Rinpoche is the son and lineage holder of Pema Rapten Rinpoche. Hence, he is the fourth lineage holder. Unfortunately, his father passed away while he was still quite young, so he received most of his father’s lineage from his uncle Jamyang Kunga Rinpoche. He also received the complete lineage transmissions of H.H. Dudjom Rinpoche. Moreover, he received teachings and empowerments from Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, Dungse Thinley Norbu Rinpoche, Changchak Rinpoche, Dodrupchen Rinpoche, Chhimed Rigdzin Rinpoche and Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche.

Rinpoche, originally from Pemako, was born into a family of ngakpas with an unbroken lineage of inherited spiritual gifts and accomplishments descended from the Terton Pema Lingpa. He resides in Varanasi and frequently visits his school in Arunachal Pradesh.Rinpoche has studied with many of the greatest lamas of his generation. His root lama was HH Dudjom Rinpoche. His retreat master was Changchak Rinpoche. He holds the Nyingma lineages of Pema Lingpa, Jang Ter, Mindrolling, Dudjom Tersar and Longchen Nyingthig. He received initiations from Minling Trichen Rinpoche, Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, Dodrupchen Rinpoche, Padma Norbu Rinpoche, Khordong Tulku Chhimed Rigdzin Rinpoche and Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche. He holds Dungse Thinley Norbu Rinpoche and Chatral Rinpoche as his highest living rôle models.

http://www.namchabarwa.org/lineage.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tongnyid Dorje

Re: Ngakpa Lineage of Ogyan Tanzin Rinpoche

Post by Tongnyid Dorje »

there is a new official web page:

http://www.loponpogyantanzin.com/

please, enjoy!
Pawel Mikyo Dorje

Post by Pawel Mikyo Dorje »

Who is Rinpoche tulku of, please? Who was He recognised by? Thank you a lot.
Kind regards,
Mikyo
michaelb

Post by michaelb »

Pawel Mikyo Dorje wrote:Who is Rinpoche tulku of, please? Who was He recognised by? Thank you a lot.
I'm not sure if Rinpoche is a tulku. Where does it say that? He is listed in Dudjom Rinpoche's sumbum as one of Dudjom Rinpoche's disciples as Ngagchang Orgyen Tendzin. (Light of Fearless Indestructible Wisdom p232)
orgyen jigmed

Post by orgyen jigmed »

I am not sure if this is reference to the same Ngak Chang Orgyen Tenzin as the one implied above. Perhaps Ven. Shenphen Dawa Rinpoche is best qualified to clarify the identity of this Ngakpa Lama mentioned in this text.
"If the aspiration for enlightenment is your motivation in coming to see me, there is no remedy except meditative practice. I, too, will only practice." - Zurpoche Sakya Jungne
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

BTW, I recently met the 5th incarnation of Jigme Kundrol in Bhutan. It was a very unexpected and serendipitous meeting in the Jampa Lhakhang in Bumthang. He's in His 20s, speaks really good English, and was very encouraging. As a Longchen Nyingthig practitioner, I was overjoyed to make a connection with another of the Four Jigme's. At some point, I would very much like to meet Orgyen Tenzin Rinpoche to also make a connection with the "bone lineage."

:namaste:
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ

Return to “Nyingma”