Tashi Delek from Florida!

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Palzang Jangchub

Tashi Delek from Florida!

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

Greetings everyone,

Just realized I've been posting in the TB forum for nearly a year now and never introduced myself here, so here goes...

I've been meditating since 2006, and met my first guru in 2007. Vajrayana was the first tradition I was exposed to, and I've stuck with it, but also have experience (and a teacher) in the Dharma Drum Mountain lineage of Chan (Zen).

I'm Rimé (non-sectarian, unbiased) in view and attitude; all authentic Dharma is good Dharma, and myriad sentient beings have various affinities and capacities. That said, I do identify as Ka-Nying, and have gurus in the following lineages: Palyul, Drikung, and Kamtsang. I'm also involved in the Namchö & Yangzab terma cycles of Dzogchen.

I'm currently contemplating the Four Thoughts intensively and have recently started the Karma Kagyu ngondro. My interests include poetics, symbolism, Prajnaparamita and Chöd Lüjin. My favorite author thus far is Shantideva, and I adore his Bodhisattvacaryavatara. Bokar Rinpoche is a close second.

It is my sincerest aspiration that my infant daughter grow up with the tools to attain Buddhahood in her lifetime. She is perhaps my greatest teacher, and hopefully will benefit from my practice, if no one else...

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Tashi Delek from Florida!

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel! (I think; I see it has been almost a year) :tongue:

:popcorn:
KonchokZoepa

Post by KonchokZoepa »

hii, im very new here but ive come across with you a few times talking here and i always feel a good energy coming from you. thanks :)
If the thought of demons
Never rises in your mind,
You need not fear the demon hosts around you.
It is most important to tame your mind within....

In so far as the Ultimate, or the true nature of being is concerned,
there are neither buddhas or demons.
He who frees himself from fear and hope, evil and virtue,
will realize the insubstantial and groundless nature of confusion.
Samsara will then appear as the mahamudra itself….

-Milarepa

OMMANIPADMEHUNG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls6P9tOYmdo
Palzang Jangchub

KonchokZoepa wrote:hii, im very new here but ive come across with you a few times talking here and i always feel a good energy coming from you. thanks :)
Like attracts like, I guess. Can't hurt that we're both Drikungpas. We Könchog's need to stick together :cheers:

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Tashi Dalek Jinpa.

:namaste:
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Palzang Jangchub

Simon E. wrote:Tashi Dalek Jinpa.

:namaste:
Auspicious... EXTERMINATE! :alien:

KonchokZoepa

Post by KonchokZoepa »

what was that exterminate auspiciousness thing :?:
If the thought of demons
Never rises in your mind,
You need not fear the demon hosts around you.
It is most important to tame your mind within....

In so far as the Ultimate, or the true nature of being is concerned,
there are neither buddhas or demons.
He who frees himself from fear and hope, evil and virtue,
will realize the insubstantial and groundless nature of confusion.
Samsara will then appear as the mahamudra itself….

-Milarepa

OMMANIPADMEHUNG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls6P9tOYmdo
Palzang Jangchub

Simon said Dalek, so I went all Doctor Who :spy:

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

:smile: Tashi Delek Jinpa....my apologies. I thought I had cured myself of posting without proofreading..clearly not. :o

Palzang Jangchub

Simon E. wrote::smile: Tashi Delek Jinpa....my apologies. I thought I had cured myself of posting without proofreading..clearly not. :o
No worries, Simon. Just took the opportunity to turn it into a sci-fi joke. Honestly surprised that there aren't more Doctor fans on here :shrug:

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Is The Doctor widely known in the U.S. ?
Anyway if you are a fan you are in for a treat with the new Doctor..Peter Capaldi is a rare talent.

Palzang Jangchub

Karma Jinpa wrote:Greetings everyone,

Just realized I've been posting in the TB forum for nearly a year now and never introduced myself here, so here goes...

I've been meditating since 2006, and met my first guru in 2007. Vajrayana was the first tradition I was exposed to, and I've stuck with it, but also have experience (and a teacher) in the Dharma Drum Mountain lineage of Chan (Zen).

I'm Rimé (non-sectarian, unbiased) in view and attitude; all authentic Dharma is good Dharma, and myriad sentient beings have various affinities and capacities. That said, I do identify as Ka-Nying, and have gurus in the following lineages: Palyul, Drikung, and Kamtsang. I'm also involved in the Namchö & Yangzab terma cycles of Dzogchen.

I'm currently contemplating the Four Thoughts intensively and have recently started the Karma Kagyu ngondro. My interests include poetics, symbolism, Prajnaparamita and Chöd Lüjin. My favorite author thus far is Shantideva, and I adore his Bodhisattvacaryavatara. Bokar Rinpoche is a close second.

It is my sincerest aspiration that my infant daughter grow up with the tools to attain Buddhahood in her lifetime. She is perhaps my greatest teacher, and hopefully will benefit from my practice, if no one else...
Forgot to mention that I'm an aspiring translator and Buddhist chaplain. Someday...

Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

Simon E. wrote:Is The Doctor widely known in the U.S. ?
Anyway if you are a fan you are in for a treat with the new Doctor..Peter Capaldi is a rare talent.
Yes, Doctor Who is filled with timey-whimey stuff.... definitely interested.
In fact, I almost consider the Doctor a Bodhisattva, even if imaginary, he motivates me to do better.

Welcome Karma Jinpa.
Let me know if u have a blue police box, I'd really like a ride.
Palzang Jangchub

PorkChop wrote:Yes, Doctor Who is filled with timey-whimey stuff.... definitely interested.
In fact, I almost consider the Doctor a Bodhisattva, even if imaginary, he motivates me to do better.

Welcome Karma Jinpa.
Let me know if u have a blue police box, I'd really like a ride.
A year or so ago I came to the startling realization that the Doctor and the Karmapa are not so different. Both are 900 years old, have had incarnations in the double digits, and show up where/whenever they're needed by sentient beings. And neither is bound by time or space...

:alien: :spy:

:popcorn:

Return to “Introductions”