My vision of Pure Land

zamotcr

My vision of Pure Land

Post by zamotcr »

I have been talking with a friend, named Alan Kwan, I know him from Internet. He has been helping me understand the doctrine of Pure Land. With his help, I can confirm my view about Pure Lands:

For me, Pure Lands are Reward Lands, created by pure vows and pure merits of the Buddha’s. This is in direct opposition of Impure Lands, created by our impure karma and with flawed merits and virtues contributed by all sentient beings there. Impure Lands are part of Samsara, and of Triple Realm, this mean, every place in the universe, including other planes like heavens and hells. So for me, does not matter if we go to the end of the universe or multiverse, there is samsara too.

Pure Lands are Nirvana realms, created by the Buddha’s.

When I read sutras like Vimalakirti, of purifying our own land, I take this as a mental purification, because even when we have pure minds, these lands will continue to be part of samsara, subject to birth and death. So, when we say that Maitreya will establish his pure land here on Earth, is just a better place to live, better teachings and conditions, but still part of samsara and triple realm, because this land is created by our own karma, not Buddha’s vows and merits.
So, for me, Pure Lands are Reward Lands, while our Impure Lands are Defiled Lands, Transformation Lands. Buddha’s come to these impure worlds to save sentient beings and to purify us.
So, for me, science can only know everything that is part of samsara and triple world, like our universe, but not nirvana realms like Pure Lands.

Interpreting all universe as part of samsara and triple world is also confirmed by Josho Adrian Cirlea, who kindle said to me:
No, we cannot go to the Pure Land by a space ship because the Pure Land is not part of the Samsara and the physical material unverse we know is part of samsara, too. Other worlds with many planets and solar systems are also part of the endless Samsara, the world of birth and death. The Pure Land is beyond Samsara, it is not samsara, its the manifestation of Amida Buddha's Enlightenment and of his wish to save all beings.
So, taking pure lands outside of our universe, making them Sambhogakaya Realms, or Nirvana Realms, I can fully accept it and understand it better.
sinweiy

Re: My vision of Pure Land

Post by sinweiy »

it's not easy to explain Pureland state/realm. Pureland can be inside or outside samsara or neither. One for example Buddha can be standing with us, human being in samsara, yet He can be inside Pureland while we are in samsara. we also cannot say He is not in samsara, as He is standing right next to you, physically. we also cannot say He is in samsara, as He's mind is in Pureland. so Pureland is inconceivable. for me it's the Mindground, everywhere. as long as when the mind is pure, the land is pure.
even the hell realm is Pureland to Earth Store Bodhisattva. as he do not feel the hell realms' suffering. totally without discrimination. and totally dwelling in emptiness and state of pure mind.
_/\_
Amituofo!

"Enlightenment is to turn around and see MY own mistake, Other's mistake is also my mistake. Others are right even if they are wrong. i'm wrong even if i'm right. " - Master Chin Kung
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

sinweiy wrote:for me it's the Mindground, everywhere. as long as when the mind is pure, the land is pure.
even the hell realm is Pureland to Earth Store Bodhisattva. as he do not feel the hell realms' suffering. totally without discrimination. and totally dwelling in emptiness and state of pure mind.
If I find myself in hell, I'll appeal to the dude preaching the Dharma. :)
zamotcr

Post by zamotcr »

sinweiy wrote:for me it's the Mindground, everywhere. as long as when the mind is pure, the land is pure.
Of course, I said that too, I think. Boddhisatvas like Earth Store, are not bound to samsara, they are over it. He is these realms, in hells, saving beings, but her mind if off of here. But even that, this hell is not a Pure Land in the sense of Sukhavati, beings there (in hell) are still subject to samsara, and will die out of hell eventually.
sinweiy

Post by sinweiy »

PorkChop wrote: If I find myself in hell, I'll appeal to the dude preaching the Dharma. :)
:smile:
well,

Though Buddha(or Earth Store for that matter) is the "highest" enlightened beings with unconceivable spiritual power, he is unable to do the following:
1. to eliminate or change the karmic retribution
2. to cross over those who reject Buddhism
3. to cross over the entire sentient beings in the Dharma Realms

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~alankhoo/Dha ... htm#Buddha
_/\_
Amituofo!

"Enlightenment is to turn around and see MY own mistake, Other's mistake is also my mistake. Others are right even if they are wrong. i'm wrong even if i'm right. " - Master Chin Kung
sinweiy

Post by sinweiy »

zamotcr wrote:
Of course, I said that too, I think. Boddhisatvas like Earth Store, are not bound to samsara, they are over it. He is these realms, in hells, saving beings, but her mind if off of here. But even that, this hell is not a Pure Land in the sense of Sukhavati, beings there (in hell) are still subject to samsara, and will die out of hell eventually.
yeah the key word is "To".
"....is Pureland To Earth Store Bodhisattva".
_/\_
Amituofo!

zamotcr

Post by zamotcr »

sinweiy wrote: yeah the key word is "To".
"....is Pureland To Earth Store Bodhisattva".
Of course, but for us, deluded beings, we need Pure Land, Sukhavati, or other Buddha Lands.

In reality, there is no Pure nor Impure Land. Impure and pure is one, not two. It is different because it is perceived from different angles.

But, from our angle, we need to go to the Pure Land, to that realm that Buddha's creates.
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

sinweiy wrote:
PorkChop wrote: If I find myself in hell, I'll appeal to the dude preaching the Dharma. :)
well,

Though Buddha(or Earth Store for that matter) is the "highest" enlightened beings with unconceivable spiritual power, he is unable to do the following:
1. to eliminate or change the karmic retribution
2. to cross over those who reject Buddhism
3. to cross over the entire sentient beings in the Dharma Realms

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~alankhoo/Dha ... htm#Buddha
Well hopefully I can at least follow him and generate enough merit to get my butt out of there. :)

Return to “Pure Land”