Nirvana in Chinese pure land

Arabic Buddhist

Nirvana in Chinese pure land

Post by Arabic Buddhist »

Hello dear Dharma friends

I have Question About Nirvana In Chinese pure land ?

In Japanese pure land they said . When you born in pure land we will Attain Nirvana . And we will come back to world to help other .
What Chinese pure land said ?
sinweiy

Re: Nirvana in Chinese pure land

Post by sinweiy »

from MCK: Same. Pureland a.k.a Ultimate Bliss is no different from Nirvana. :smile: :namaste:
_/\_
Amituofo!

"Enlightenment is to turn around and see MY own mistake, Other's mistake is also my mistake. Others are right even if they are wrong. i'm wrong even if i'm right. " - Master Chin Kung
Rakz

Post by Rakz »

no such thing as parinirvana in any of the mahayana schools. buddhas help beings for all of eternity
Arabic Buddhist

Thank you dear friends for your replies .
plwk

Post by plwk »

See these sample scriptural texts, which the Chinese Tradition follows...

From the Larger Amitayus Sutra
If, when I attain Buddhahood, humans and devas in my land should not dwell in the Definitely Assured State and unfailingly reach Nirvana, may I not attain Perfect Enlightenment. Vow 11 of 48

If, when I attain Buddhahood, bodhisattvas in the Buddha-lands of other quarters who visit my land should not ultimately and unfailingly reach the Stage of Becoming a Buddha after One More Life, may I not attain Perfect Enlightenment.
Excepted are those who wish to teach and guide sentient beings in accordance with their original vows. For they wear the armour of great vows, accumulate merits, deliver all beings from birth-and-death, visit Buddha-lands to perform the bodhisattva practices, make offerings to Buddhas, Tathagatas, throughout the ten quarters, enlighten uncountable sentient beings as numerous as the sands of the River Ganges, and establish them in the highest, perfect Enlightenment.
Such bodhisattvas transcend the course of practice of the ordinary bodhisattvas, manifest the practices of all the bodhisattva stages, and cultivate the virtues of Samantabhadra.
Vow 22 of 48

If, when I attain Buddhahood, bodhisattvas in the immeasurable and inconceivable Buddha-lands of the ten quarters, who have heard my Name, should not, after the end of their lives, always perform sacred practices until they reach Buddhahood, may I not attain Perfect Enlightenment. Vow 36 of 48

The Buddha said to Ananda,
"Sentient beings who are born in that Buddha-land all reside among those assured of Nirvana.
The reason is that in that land there are neither beings who are destined to adverse conditions nor those whose destinies are uncertain.
"All Buddhas, Tathagatas, in the ten quarters, as numerous as the sands of the River Ganges, together praise the inconceivable, supernal virtue of Amitayus.
All sentient beings who, having heard his Name, rejoice in faith, remember him even once and sincerely transfer the merit of virtuous practices to that land, aspiring to be born there, will attain birth and dwell in the Stage of Non-retrogression. But excluded are those who have committed the five gravest offenses and abused the right Dharma."

When you go to his glorious Pure Land,
You will instantly acquire supernatural powers.
Having, without fail, received predictions from Amitayus,
You will attain perfect Enlightenment.

By the power of that Buddha's Original Vows,
All who hear his Name and desire birth,
Will, without exception, be born in his land
And effortlessly enter the Stage of Non-Retrogression.

The Buddha said to Ananda,
"All the bodhisattvas in the land of Amitayus will ultimately attain the Stage of Becoming a Buddha After One More Life.
Excepted are those who have made original vows for the sake of sentient beings, resolving to cultivate the merit of realizing their great vows to save all sentient beings.

From the Smaller Amitabha Sutra
Again, Shariputra, all sentient beings born in the Land of Utmost Bliss dwell in the Stage of Non-retrogression.
Many of them are in the Stage of Becoming a Buddha after One More Life. Their number is so great that it is beyond reckoning; it can only be described as innumerable, unlimited and incalculable.

"Shariputra, those sentient beings who hear of that land should aspire to be born there. Why? Because they will be able to meet such sages of supreme virtue.

"Shariputra, why do you think this teaching is called 'the Sutra of Protection by All Buddhas'?
Shariputra, all good men and women who hear the Name of Amida Buddha expounded by all the Buddhas and the name of this Sutra are protected by all the Buddhas and dwell in the Stage of Non-retrogression for realizing the highest, perfect Enlightenment.
This is why, Shariputra, you should accept my words and the teachings of all the Buddhas.

"Shariputra, those who have already aspired, now aspire or in the future will aspire to be born in Amida Buddha's land, all dwell in the Stage of Non-Retrogression for realizing the highest, perfect Enlightenment. They have already been born, are now being born, or will be born in that land.
Hence, Shariputra, good men and women of faith should aspire to birth there.
no such thing as parinirvana in any of the mahayana schools. buddhas help beings for all of eternity
See this topic
undefineable

Post by undefineable »

plwk wrote:From the_ _ Larger Amitayus Sutra
To paraphrase Falco:

Amitayus Amitayus, Amitayus
Amitayus Amitayus, Amitayus
Amitayus Amitayus, oh oh oh Amitayus
Come on and rock me Amitayus

Sorry, couldn't resist that! :tongue:
you wore out your welcome with random precision {Pink Floyd}
Arabic Buddhist

If, when I attain Buddhahood, bodhisattvas in the Buddha-lands of other quarters who visit my land should not ultimately and unfailingly reach the Stage of Becoming a Buddha after One More Life, may I not attain Perfect Enlightenment.
Excepted are those who wish to teach and guide sentient beings in accordance with their original vows. For they wear the armour of great vows, accumulate merits, deliver all beings from birth-and-death, visit Buddha-lands to perform the bodhisattva practices, make offerings to Buddhas, Tathagatas, throughout the ten quarters, enlighten uncountable sentient beings as numerous as the sands of the River Ganges, and establish them in the highest, perfect Enlightenment.

Why they vow to stay bodhisattva ?
Are they if become buddhas they will benefits sentient being more ?
sinweiy

Post by sinweiy »

Arabic Buddhist wrote:If, when I attain Buddhahood, bodhisattvas in the Buddha-lands of other quarters who visit my land should not ultimately and unfailingly reach the Stage of Becoming a Buddha after One More Life, may I not attain Perfect Enlightenment.

Simple. If everybody become the doctor and nobody become the nurse , do you think it will work? It can be of different job scope, but it may not mean that nurses do not understand medical. Some times they may know the same. Eg Guanyin bodhisattva. And it can be of more reachable for the patient. Doctor can be intimidating sometimes? Haha.
_/\_
Amituofo!

"Enlightenment is to turn around and see MY own mistake, Other's mistake is also my mistake. Others are right even if they are wrong. i'm wrong even if i'm right. " - Master Chin Kung
Arabic Buddhist

sinweiy wrote:
Arabic Buddhist wrote:If, when I attain Buddhahood, bodhisattvas in the Buddha-lands of other quarters who visit my land should not ultimately and unfailingly reach the Stage of Becoming a Buddha after One More Life, may I not attain Perfect Enlightenment.

Simple. If everybody become the doctor and nobody become the nurse , do you think it will work? It can be of different job scope, but it may not mean that nurses do not understand medical. Some times they may know the same. Eg Guanyin bodhisattva. And it can be of more reachable for the patient. Doctor can be intimidating sometimes? Haha.
thank you :)
sinweiy

Post by sinweiy »

and not to mention, Manjushri Bodhisattva, He was the teacher of the past seven Buddhas, or seven Buddha generations.

the proper name for "Stage of Becoming a Buddha after One More Life" is Buddha-elect (Ekajatipratibuddhas).

Manjushri Bodhisattva, Guanyin and Maitreya bodhisattva are all Ekajatipratibuddhas, or "last" stage bodhisattva. and Guanyin is in Pureland now.
_/\_
Amituofo!

sinweiy

Post by sinweiy »

not mean they experience Nirvanic Bliss they must be Buddhas. Bodhisattvas also can experience. all beings in Amitabha Pureland experience it.

there is only one "official" Buddha in Amitabha Pureland and that is Amitabha Buddha. as Avalokitasvara is a Bodhisattva/Mahasattva and so is Mahasthamaprapta a Bodhisattva Mahasattva not yet a Buddha. but the experience of Nirvanic Bliss is similar for all.
and if you decide to become a Buddha, you may have to get yourself ready and sort of "leave" Amitabha Pureland and attain Buddhahood in another world system/human realm then create your own Pureland to help other beings. unless you want to delay your Buddhahood and stay in Amitabha Pureland as a last stage Bodhisattva. :smile:
_/\_
Amituofo!

Arabic Buddhist

sinweiy wrote:not mean they experience Nirvanic Bliss they must be Buddhas. Bodhisattvas also can experience. all beings in Amitabha Pureland experience it.

there is only one "official" Buddha in Amitabha Pureland and that is Amitabha Buddha. as Avalokitasvara is a Bodhisattva/Mahasattva and so is Mahasthamaprapta a Bodhisattva Mahasattva not yet a Buddha. but the experience of Nirvanic Bliss is similar for all.
and if you decide to become a Buddha, you may have to get yourself ready and sort of "leave" Amitabha Pureland and attain Buddhahood in another world system/human realm then create your own Pureland to help other beings. unless you want to delay your Buddhahood and stay in Amitabha Pureland as a last stage Bodhisattva. :smile:
Thank you my dear friend

Return to “Pure Land”