Lose Belly Fat !!!

A place to discuss health and fitness, including healthy diets, etc.
tidathep

Lose Belly Fat !!!

Post by tidathep »

Sawaddee Ka :namaste:

My best friend next door has 3 pretty daughters, while they were younger they looked real slender/cute. Then the oldest one got a job/moved away for 3 years, came back to visit parents...oh, she changed so much..she's almost obese! The second daughter studies at Texas A&M Univ....by the 2nd year, she gains so much weight...the youngest one is gaining weight now. Almost all my neighbors are fat/overweight....

Today I saw this post @ facebook...

FREE College Station DINNER SEMINAR: "Stress, Hormones, and Weight Loss"

http://losebellyfatcollegestation.com/seminar.html

Join one of College Station's leading functional medicine doctors reveal why traditional approaches to health and weight loss are COMPLETELY WRONG. Discover a simple approach that will allow you to lose weight, keep it off long term, and improve your health and happiness levels at the same time!

Admission is absolutely free including dinner. Our seminars are held at Outback Steakhouse in College Station, TX. Click the link below for details and upcoming seminar schedule.

My daughter always tells me about doing surgeries on very fat/obese patients....how hard to cut through all the fat layers in the belly....she always advices patients to lose weight......NOPE...NOT WORK...THEY DON"T CARE !!!

Even losing-weight-seminars must use FOOD to tempt people to attend!!!!
tidathep :thinking:
Derek

Re: Lose Belly Fat !!!

Post by Derek »

tidathep wrote:FREE College Station DINNER SEMINAR
Call me cynical, but I suspect the "seminar" will turn out to be a sales pitch for nutritional supplements of some kind.
Thrasymachus

Post by Thrasymachus »

Most people have become overweight for one reason: the most expensive, costly, polluting ways of doing things are artificially subsidized. The two main culprits in the case of obesity:
1) The private automobile which is massively subsidized with mostly free parking(except in dense urban areas), roads, highways, bridges and which perpetuates this most costly mode of locomation by adding artificially space and distance to urban planning, and otherwise making it difficult for those without automobiles to actually move around. Those who walk for various reasons are actually legally penalized with jaywalking! This saves people from having to expend significant calories as all they have to walk is from the parking spot to their place of work or the stores they frequent.
2) Meat, other animal products like milk and overly processed plant foods which are very calorie dense are made artificially cheap compared to the less dense whole plant alternatives. Now these products are still more expensive per calorie, but unlike in previous history the average person in the USA can afford to eat a meat product every meal of everyday, something that was not possible just a little over a hundred years ago. This is from the inheritor of a ice cream fortune from the Baskin Robbins chain, but who gave up his inheritance when he learned of the health, environmental and ethical issues of his family fortune:
John Robbins wrote: Did you know this about eating MEAT?

The Natural Resources Argument

User of more than half of all water used for all purposes in the U.S.: livestock production
Amount of water used in production of the average cow: sufficient to float a destroyer
Gallons to produce a pound of wheat: 25
Gallons to produce a pound of meat: 2,500
Cost of common hamburger if water used by meat industry was not subsidized by the U.S. taxpayer: $35 a pound
Current cost of a pound of protein from beefsteak, if water was no longer subsidized: $89.

Years the world's known oil reserves would last if every human ate a meat-centered diet: 13
Years they would last if human beings no longer ate meat: 260
Barrels of oil imported into U.S. daily: 6.8 million
Percentage of fossil fuel energy returned as food energy by the most efficient factory farming of meat: 34.5 percent.
Percentage returned from least efficient plant food: 328 percent
Perccentage of raw materials consumed by U.S. to produce present meat-centered diet: 33

There is no easy way for people to lose weight, which is what they want. Many say they want to lose weight, but they mean by that "without effort" and that is their main emphasis so most never lose it and keep it off. Just stop using a car in whole or large part, and eat much less calorie dense starches, whole grains, vegetables and fruits. It is not that difficult, but most people lack discipline, so they continue to feel entitled to live an artificially subsidized lifestyle which makes most people overweight. What needs to happen is the most destructive and wasteful ways to move people around, the private automobile and the most calorie dense, wasteful foods, animal products, need to stop being subsidized by taxpayers in the imperialist countries of the West. That will straighten things out in the short span of a few years. But sadly that will never happen and a bunch of mostly fat people will strip mine the world to Swiss Cheese to try to fill up their void.

But the facebook page you are linking to is likely a marketing scam that caters to lazy people who are overweight, want to lose weight and but want some miracle solution that involves no effort or risk like a lap-band procedure, except without the risk of surgery. In other words total fantasy sold to gullible. My mom personally fell for so many weight loss pill scams.
tidathep

Post by tidathep »

Thrasymachus wrote:
But the facebook page you are linking to is likely a marketing scam that caters to lazy people who are overweight, want to lose weight and but want some miracle solution that involves no effort or risk like a lap-band procedure, except without the risk of surgery. In other words total fantasy sold to gullible. My mom personally fell for so many weight loss pill scams.
Sawaddee Ka..Thrasymachus,

I agree with you 100% :thanks:

tidathep :namaste:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Thrasymachus wrote: There is no easy way for people to lose weight
Yes, there is. It's called not eating complex carbohydrates! This has been known by bodybuilders for decades. Ask any bodybuilder how to lose weight and he/she will just say, "Cut your total calories and cut your carbs."

This whole "meat is making people fat" statement is just vegetarian propaganda.

Fitness models eat mostly meat and vegetables (and not much carbs) and they are far from being fat! Take a look at what this female fitness model eats in a typical day:
http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/07/26/what- ... pical-day/

Few things have made the public fatter than the "low fat" craze which got people stuffing themselves with even more carbohydrates.

But one thing which a lot of vegetarians and bodybuilders can agree on is that removing most white sugar and white flour from your diet is a smart thing to do.
tidathep

Post by tidathep »

Heidi Klum/Christie Brinkley In Great Shapes!!

Sawaddee Ka

I truly admire Heidi Klum at 40 yrs old, a mother of 4 kids...and Christie Brinkley, 59 yrs old with 3 kids...They are so beautiful and know how to keep themselves in top shape!! I bet they have very strong will power and excellent discipline in eating/exercise.

Heidi now at 40 yrs old with 4 kids!

March 18, 2013 ... Christie Brinkley with her 2 daughters/son

Heidi Klum
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Heidi Klum (born June 1, 1973)is a German-born American model, television host, businesswoman, fashion designer, television producer, and occasional actress. In 2008, she became an American citizen while maintaining her native German citizenship.

Klum became internationally known for her appearances on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. In 1997 she became the first German model to become a Victoria's Secret Angel

-------
Christie Brinkley
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Christie Brinkley (born Christie Lee Hudson; February 2, 1954) is an American model and actress. Brinkley gained worldwide fame beginning in the late 1970s with three consecutive Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue covers through 1981. She spent twenty five years as the face of CoverGirl (the longest running cosmetics contract of any model in history), has appeared on over 500 magazine covers, and has signed contracts with major brands—both fashion and non-fashion.

They're truly amazing!! :twothumbsup:
Jainarayan

Post by Jainarayan »

Luke wrote:
Yes, there is. It's called not eating complex carbohydrates! This has been known by bodybuilders for decades. Ask any bodybuilder how to lose weight and he/she will just say, "Cut your total calories and cut your carbs."

Fitness models eat mostly meat and vegetables (and not much carbs) and they are far from being fat! Take a look at what this female fitness model eats in a typical day:

Few things have made the public fatter than the "low fat" craze which got people stuffing themselves with even more carbohydrates.

But one thing which a lot of vegetarians and bodybuilders can agree on is that removing most white sugar and white flour from your diet is a smart thing to do.
^ This. :thumbsup: :applause:
ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
oṃ namo bhagavate vāsudevāya
Luke

Post by Luke »

I will give one more key tip:

If losing fat is your priority, then do cardio only during these two times:

1) -in the morning after drinking some water and perhaps some black coffee (black coffee might help with fat burning), but BEFORE eating any food

2) -right after lifting weights or doing other resistance exercises (such as calisthenics) for 40 minutes

At these two times, your body is depleted of glycogen (the stored energy from carbs); therefore, your body will burn fat instead from the moment you start doing cardio.

If you only do cardio later in the day after you have been eating carbs all day, then basically, the first 30 minutes is just using up the glycogen in your muscles and during this time, you don't burn any fat at all!

So, if you run 40 minutes before breakfast, you get 40 minutes of fat burning, but if you run for 40 minutes later in the day (not after lifting weights) then you only get about 10 minutes of real fat buring. So the timing of cardio is critical!
tidathep

Post by tidathep »

Luke wrote:
------------------------------
Sawaddee ka...Luke,

I like this the most....

Thanks!
tidathep

Post by tidathep »

Derek wrote:
tidathep wrote:FREE College Station DINNER SEMINAR
Call me cynical, but I suspect the "seminar" will turn out to be a sales pitch for nutritional supplements of some kind.
-------------

Dear Derek,

Oh..I think you're so right, I bet the seminar try to promote.... 'nutritional supplements' or..... losing-weight magic-pills!

tidathep

Post by tidathep »

Sawaddee Ka

I watched a video clip @youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEJRQHfjLt0

Mangosteen..Thai fruits [SAS always had these delicious fruits to serve first-class passengers on every flight when I worked years ago]..fight fat? I don't know :thinking:

Consumer (Women's Health) - Garcinia Cambogia Extract is the latest buzz in the "battle of the bulge". With millions of people praising this so called "miracle pill" that you take as a supplement to lose weight, it has been getting a lot of attention since it was recently featured on The Dr. Oz Show. Surprisingly, many people who struggle daily with their weight have yet to hear about this powerful option. Those that have heard of the Garcinia Cambogia Extract diet are confused about what it is, how to use it and how to avoid falling for ineffective formulas and downright scams.

According to Dr. Chan (The guest host on the popular Dr Oz show) Garcinia Cambogia Extract works in more than one way, "The first way is it goes in and causes the body to burn glucose, or sugar, and burn fat, mainly in the liver…The second way, the most important way, is it slows the release of sugar into the blood stream. So when you don't have sugar building up in the blood stream, you don't have fat building up because sugar turns to fat…When the two are combined together, you get this synergistic effect that basically burns and blocks and stops fat, but it also is natural and safe."

Love mangosteens..very sweet!
tidathep
tidathep

Post by tidathep »

More information about .. mangosteens ..posted @ Facebook.

Free Sample Weight Loss Products. Limited Time Only. Apply Now.

Shrink Belly Fat for Free [freebottles.net]

Free bottle of 'miracle fruit' that has women around the world literally erasing fat. *(Limit one per household) .
---------
Believe it or not!? :thinking:
tidathep..I rather eat the fresh fruits...yummy indeed!
tidathep

Post by tidathep »

I saw this HIP_HOP FITNESS WORKOUT AB video...and I like it very much...fun and flat belly...what more do you need??
And it is so easy..a caveman can do(GEICO commercial ad) !!

Hip-Hop "Fitness Workout Ab Sculpt : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48GqNL-4P2M

Christie Brinkley's Five Favorite Total Gym Exercises : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFmRGKRFdG4

tidathep :heart:
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

Luke wrote:

Completely correct. Not only will you quickly become the ideal weight, your cholesterol will drop dramatically a few dozen points if you eat MORE saturated fat and nearly zero carbs and sugar. You will likely notice you can think clearer, too, and have a lot more energy. Whenever you have a sugar/carb craving, have something high in fat and it knocks it right out. If you cheat regularly and keep eating carbs and sugar, you will just be adding more fat to your diet and this will work against you, so if you're going to try it, do it the right way and don't cheat by rationalizing a cookie here or bread there. You can cheat one day a week; that's all. Good for weekend splurging.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
Thrasymachus

Post by Thrasymachus »

Total bs, you don't want to live in reality from your posting history on such topics.

Even almost all the low-carb, high fat, high animal product gurus promoting that dangerous diet for the environment and human health from the Western Price foundation, the Paleo huckster community, Robert Atkins, Barry Sears(zone diet) are themselves fat, yet desperate people buy the books of those fat people because they love hearing what they want to hear: good news about their bad habits. It is a diet for lazy people, it takes no effort to transition to low-carb. Anyone eating a standard Western diet, can go to any restaurant, fast food place, simply order a burger as they often did or would anyway, and just throw out the bun. Very simple, that is why people want to hear it. Here is a video that shows how most people becoming rich by promoting low-carb are actually fat, yet the people advocating whole plant foods live what they preach, they are healthy, active and trim:
phpBB [video]

External Youtube link: Low Carb vs. Plant-Based

That is why you guys are left to cite actors who miracously bulk up and lean out amazingly for roles in a few mere months and bodybuilders, you are simply desperate and have to reach out to chemically assisted people to see success with low carb fad diets. Even most low carb gurus cannot follow low-carb if you follow what they actually admit to eating and not their low-carb idealized advice which even they cannot follow long-term, ketosis is not only unhealthy, it is very difficult to maintain. There is no easy way out or short-cut or hack. If it was as simple as just going to the fast food drive-thru and throwing out the bun, and not ordering the fries, almost every lazy modern Westerner would be slim. But is not that simple.

The only truth is that overweight people need to less calorie dense whole plant foods(Ex. not potato chips, potato; whole wheat bread, not white bread), instead of trying to eat meat every meal of everyday like only Kings, Queens and nobility could regularly consume in the past and actually move your ass day to day preferably by abandoning in whole or part a car-centric lifestyle(otherwise exercise will only be done when you feel like it, when the weather is best, etc.).
tidathep

Post by tidathep »

Sawaddee ka... Thrasymachus Image

Thanks for the video-clip ... :thanks:

I admire people who have will-power to control themselves in everything...not just eating.
tidathep
Dan Dorje

Post by Dan Dorje »

I think people should speak from their own experience.
Many people here recomend low carb diet, I am just curious, how many are keeping this diet, how long and how many pounds they lost?
According with my own experience, it's anything but not easy. One needs to weight food, count carbs very precisely. It's very hard to eat less than 30 g carbs per day (sometimes even less to keep ketosis, depends if you exercise, how much, so on) for a long time.
For me it didn't work, not even close comparing with intermitent fasting (which is very close to "eat once before midday" percept).
So, it requires big effort, potential can damage your health on a long term, not so much fat loss, I wonder, why people recommend it?
tidathep

Post by tidathep »

Dan Dorje wrote:I think people should speak from their own experience.
Many people here recomend low carb diet, I am just curious, how many are keeping this diet, how long and how many pounds they lost?
According with my own experience, it's anything but not easy. One needs to weight food, count carbs very precisely. It's very hard to eat less than 30 g carbs per day (sometimes even less to keep ketosis, depends if you exercise, how much, so on) for a long time.
For me it didn't work, not even close comparing with intermitent fasting (which is very close to "eat once before midday" percept).
So, it requires big effort, potential can damage your health on a long term, not so much fat loss, I wonder, why people recommend it?
--------------
Sawaddee Ka..Dan Dorje,

It might be easy for me to stay slim..because in Thailand...When I was young, most Thai people didn't like to be overweight..Thai people loved to eat vegetables/fruits...most important things, at schools/colleges...they made fun of fat people...When I got the job, the airline executive people told us ...we couldn't get fat..or we would be grounded without pay, until we could fit into our tight..custom-made-uniforms.

So now..I'm so used to good eating habit....I can eat anything I want...but I'll never eat too much..stop eating completely after lunch......with routine excercize...and using my AB LOUNGE EXTREME.....hip-hop dance...fun fun!!

This small AB machine is truly excellent!!!

AB LOUNGE : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQl1ee1VyXY

tidathep...I weight 108-109 lbs...and I have a small weight machine to step on and check my weight everyday.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Thrasymachus wrote:the people advocating whole plant foods live what they preach, they are healthy, active and trim
How do you know they live what they preach?
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Thrasymachus

Post by Thrasymachus »

@tidathep:
Most Thais are likely not rich enough to afford to constantly eat meat and drive their asses around in a huge automobile like the fat, diseased, self entitled people in the Anglosphere and Western Europe. Since most Thais are eating mostly rice, other whole plant foods and often walk and do chores with less machine help, they cannot really become fat. Being fat is more a luxury for the minority of rich, in so -called developing countries since most don't have the wealth to consume concentrated calories and avoid physical toil, so it is not something that is normative. However being fat is actually normative in the Western world. In the USA, especially if you are over 40 and not fat, you are pretty much a weirdo anomaly.

@Dan Dorje:
Yes it is hard to physiologically maintain low-carb because it is form of macronutrient starvation, it makes you sick, and counting calories is impossible and frustrating. But it involves developing no additional knowledge when it comes to shopping or cooking. Just go to any drive-thru, order any burger you normally would and toss out the evil bun. That is what makes it seem so attractive in theory.

@dzogchungpa:
Did you even bother to watch the video? Almost every fad low-carb guru is fat! Vegans are not dumb enough as the Western mainstream, to actually make fat vegans who eat junk like deep fried potato chips and soda into health authorities. But meat eaters are so addicted to meat they think fat Loren Cordain(inventor of Paleo fad) constantly losing and gaining weight, and fat Robert Atkins have some magic forumula. According to the medical examiner's report, Atkins who died quite early at 72 had a history of "myocardial infarction, "CHF" for congestive heart failure, and "HTN" for hypertension" and died an obese 258 pounds at a height of six feet!

I just feel sorry for all the desperate meat-addicts who only want to hear what they want to hear like all addicts. Did you even watch the video? It is clear that most low-carb fad diet promoters are actually fat and battle obesity their whole life. Yet all those promoting a whole foods, plant diet were not obese, because it actually takes great effort to get fat on that diet due to the lesser calorie density. You would have to do something silly like eat all nut butters or all vegan junk food, which is not what they advocate or follow themselves, hence they are not fat.

Loren Cordain, as fat as a caveman:
Millions of foolish meat addicts follow the diet advice that made him fat.
Last edited by Thrasymachus on Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Wellness, Diet and Fitness”