YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

Question on "Emptiness" - Page 3 - Dhamma Wheel

Question on "Emptiness"

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
DarwidHalim

Re: Question on "Emptiness"

Postby DarwidHalim » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:43 am

That is a very good statement.

Buddhism process is you look into the whole journey, the journey is not adding something to you. But it is on another way around. It is actually deconstruct you.

One Buddhist master said that Buddhist teaching is like a bar soap. If you use that bar soap to clean your body that bar soap will soon or later disappear.

Buddhism has a lot of concept in the beginning because our starting point is full of concept. In the beginning, it is concept removing concept. But, this process will lead to more direct perception.

It is not possible to make you go to one political party in Buddhism, because if you follow the teaching well, you and the teaching of your school will disappear to mere appearances.

But if we study Buddhism and it make us more fans or it can rise the sense of fans, youbare in the process of constructing, not deconstructing.

Something is wrong inside your path.

If according to you for example Theravada is the teaching that suit you best, at the end of your journey there should not be any Theravada left in you. If there is, it means you are collecting the soap instead of using it.

It is same for any schools.
I am not here nor there.
I am not right nor wrong.
I do not exist neither non-exist.
I am not I nor non-I.
I am not in samsara nor nirvana.
To All Buddhas, I bow down for the teaching of emptiness. Thank You!

Aloka

Postby Aloka » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:34 am

Nibbida

Postby Nibbida » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Ron-The-Elder

Postby Ron-The-Elder » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:08 pm

As Buddhadassa states (paraphrasing): All dhammas are empty of not only a self, but empty of any essence: No beingness; no thingyness; no nondivisable states. As Buddha confirmed to Ananda it is correct to state: "I remain now fully in this dwelling of emptiness."

MN 121 PTS: M iii 104
Cula-suññata Sutta: The Lesser Discourse on Emptiness

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .than.html
What Makes an Elder? :
A head of gray hairs doesn't mean one's an elder. Advanced in years, one's called an old fool.
But one in whom there is truth, restraint, rectitude, gentleness,self-control, he's called an elder, his impurities disgorged, enlightened.
-Dhammpada, 19, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.

Return to “General Theravāda discussion”