H.E. Zong Rinpoche's First Visit to Singapore

plwk

H.E. Zong Rinpoche's First Visit to Singapore

Post by plwk »

phpBB [video]
phpBB [video]

I was watching these videos on one of Gelugpa's most prominent past lineage masters now in this most recent incarnation.
How wonderful to read and be inspired to practice when reading on them. More on Rinpoche here, here & here
JKhedrup

Re: H.E. Zong Rinpoche's First Visit to Singapore

Post by JKhedrup »

The young Zong Rinpoche is very promising. Both Geshes at our centre here have met him and been very impressed with his knowledge, humility and hardworking nature. He was consistently one of the best debators in his class.
plwk

Post by plwk »

That's great to know. Would you happen to know as shown in the first video on why does Rinpoche place the offered khatas by the monastics in their hands instead of over their shoulders like how does it with the laity? Is it to acknowledge their Vinaya seniority over his?

Yes, I notice how humble, simple & unassuming he is, reminds me a lot of the young HH Yangsi Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche when I saw him and his entourage back in late 2010 in my country. Displayed the same simplicity, unassuming and radiates humility.
JKhedrup

Post by JKhedrup »

HI there,

Yes it is a respect thing. It could be due to Vinaya seniority or academic seniority- that they are in a higher class than he is. I have seen Geshe Sonam for example place khatags in the hands of several senior Vietnamese/Chinese monks when they greeted him.

The young DKR is extremely impressive! There was a recent film about him that really touched me. I like these low-key type tulkus rather than the "charismatic" ones, but perhaps that is a personal bias.
JKhedrup

Post by JKhedrup »

phpBB [video]

Return to “Gelug”