Je Rinpoche on Guhyasamāja tantra

Nicholas Weeks

Je Rinpoche on Guhyasamāja tantra

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

In 2010 Robert Thurman headed up a translation of the Five Stages commentary by Je Rinpoche. Then in March of 2013 Gavin Kilty came out with another translation.

Any students or practitioners who have compared the two? If yes, what are the differences between the two versions?

No, I am not going to practice or suggest others practice based on a book; just wondering about accuracy & quality of the two translations.
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
Malcolm

Re: Je Rinpoche on Guhyasamāja tantra

Post by Malcolm »

Will wrote:In 2010 Robert Thurman headed up a translation of the Five Stages commentary by Je Rinpoche. Then in March of 2013 Gavin Kilty came out with another translation.

Any students or practitioners who have compared the two? If yes, what are the differences between the two versions?

No, I am not going to practice or suggest others practice based on a book; just wondering about accuracy & quality of the two translations.

KIlty's is better.
Nicholas Weeks

Re: Je Rinpoche on Guhyasamāja tantra

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Malcolm wrote:
Will wrote:In 2010 Robert Thurman headed up a translation of the Five Stages commentary by Je Rinpoche. Then in March of 2013 Gavin Kilty came out with another translation.

KIlty's is better.
Thanks Malcolm - if a pdf of Kilty's ever appears, let me know.
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.

Return to “Gelug”