Divination system connected to Vajrasattva or Simhamukha?

Dorje Shedrub

Divination system connected to Vajrasattva or Simhamukha?

Postby Dorje Shedrub » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:00 pm

Is anyone aware of a Tibetan divination practice connected with either Vajrasattva or Simhamukha?

DS

smcj

Re: Divination system connected to Vajrasattva or Simhamukha

Postby smcj » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:27 pm

Dorje Shedrub wrote:Is anyone aware of a Tibetan divination practice connected with either Vajrasattva or Simhamukha?

DS

The only Tibetan divination system I know of is the "mo". You use a mala to do it. I don't think there is a specific deity attached to it.
A human being has his limits. And thus, in every conceivable way, with every possible means, he tries to make the teaching enter into his own limits. ChNN

Dorje Shedrub

Postby Dorje Shedrub » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:13 am

smcj wrote:The only Tibetan divination system I know of is the "mo". You use a mala to do it. I don't think there is a specific deity attached to it.

With mo there are also connected deities, such as manjushri and Palden Lhamo. Then there is the mirror divination of Dorje Yudronma.

dzoki

Postby dzoki » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:10 pm

What I have seen, there are mos associates with the deities that you mentioned, as well as Hayagriva, Guru Padmasambhava and Tara, but I have not seen a mo specifically associated with either Simhamukha of Vajrasattva. It is possible though, maybe you should ask some lama who is an expert in this field. Why do you need a mo connected specifically to Vajrasattva or Simhamukha?

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”