Divination system connected to Vajrasattva or Simhamukha?

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Dorje Shedrub

Divination system connected to Vajrasattva or Simhamukha?

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

Is anyone aware of a Tibetan divination practice connected with either Vajrasattva or Simhamukha?

DS
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Re: Divination system connected to Vajrasattva or Simhamukha

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

Dorje Shedrub wrote:Is anyone aware of a Tibetan divination practice connected with either Vajrasattva or Simhamukha?

DS
The only Tibetan divination system I know of is the "mo". You use a mala to do it. I don't think there is a specific deity attached to it.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

smcj wrote: The only Tibetan divination system I know of is the "mo". You use a mala to do it. I don't think there is a specific deity attached to it.
With mo there are also connected deities, such as manjushri and Palden Lhamo. Then there is the mirror divination of Dorje Yudronma.
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
dzoki

Post by dzoki »

What I have seen, there are mos associates with the deities that you mentioned, as well as Hayagriva, Guru Padmasambhava and Tara, but I have not seen a mo specifically associated with either Simhamukha of Vajrasattva. It is possible though, maybe you should ask some lama who is an expert in this field. Why do you need a mo connected specifically to Vajrasattva or Simhamukha?

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”