Hi from Melbourne

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Ervin

Hi from Melbourne

Post by Ervin »

Hi everyone, hows things? I hope all is well! My real name is Ervin and I am a Deist.

So I believe in God(deist God) but I think that maybe reincarnation and some sort of karmic laws exist.

I am interested in meditation and in learning about Budhist philosophy in general. I am bit of a sceptic wich is why I have left my previous beliefs. I kind of like to have evidence of some sort in order to consider philosophies. Circumstantial evidence since to my knowledge there is no imperical.

I understand that Budhism is suposed to be peacuful, hipie sort of religion wich is a good thing. I am a member of the Australia Greens political party. I am not actively involved but I will most likely always in future vote for them.

I am looking forward to becoming a better person as a result of interaction with all of you.

Thanks
Huifeng

Re: Hi from Melbourne

Post by Huifeng »

Hi Ervin!

Welcome here, there is plenty to learn here, if you are willing and ready. :smile:
Members here range from beginners to those who are fairly knowledgeable, though you'll have to work out who is who for yourself.
If you have any questions, make a new thread in the appropriate forum. Have a good think about how you are going to word things first, though. Remember, online communication tends to be pretty primitive in many ways, so clarity is essential!

All the best!

Huifeng :anjali:
Luke

Re: Hi from Melbourne

Post by Luke »

Welcome Ervin!
Ervin wrote: I understand that Budhism is suposed to be peacuful, hipie sort of religion wich is a good thing.
Okay, generally, yeah... but I think this will be an interesting point to discuss further:
http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=2523" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Introductions”