Mahayana equivalent of AccessToInsight?

Whether you're exploring Buddhism for the first time or you're already on the path, feel free to ask questions of any kind here.

Mahayana equivalent of AccessToInsight?

Postby Luke » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:13 am

I am frequently staggered by the generosity of the people who run the Access to Insight website. It is really such a huge gift to the world!

Is there any equivalently good website with Mahayana resources? (I already know that the Berzin Archives is awesome for Vajrayana stuff.)
Luke

Re: Mahayana equivalent of AccessToInsight?

Postby plwk » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:32 am

See here
plwk

Postby deff » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:03 am

84000 is becoming like that over time as they sponsor more translations of sutras. it's an initiative to translate the entire tibetan kangyur into english, which is 70,000 pages mostly of sutras. right now there's around 10 sutras translated and available for reading online in the 'reading room' (or downloadable as PDF's) but that number should be going up substantially in the near future as lots of translations are underway. in the future i think it will be quite a great resource, much like accesstoinsight is for Theravada. :smile:

the website is http://www.84000.co
deff

Postby Luke » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:23 am

plwk wrote:See here

Oh my. :oops: Thanks for the link to the old thread.

deff wrote:84000 is becoming like that over time as they sponsor more translations of sutras. it's an initiative to translate the entire tibetan kangyur into english, which is 70,000 pages mostly of sutras. right now there's around 10 sutras translated and available for reading online in the 'reading room' (or downloadable as PDF's) but that number should be going up substantially in the near future as lots of translations are underway. in the future i think it will be quite a great resource, much like accesstoinsight is for Theravada. :smile:

the website is http://www.84000.co

Awesome! :thumbsup:
Luke

Return to Exploring Buddhism