Event : 3 Year Retreat led by H.E. Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche
Date : Febuary 2013 - May 2016
Website : http://www.yeshekhorlo.org/retreat3yr_registration
H. E. Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche has started a traditional 3 years retreat in Bhutan for his Western students. The retreat is conducted in the Pema Lingpa tradition, supervised by Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche and led by a Retreat Master from Gangtey Gompa Shedra. The duration of a traditional 3 years retreat is 3 years, 3 months and 3 days.
Within the Nyingma tradition, the path to enlightenment is divided into 9 yanas (vehicles).
The 3 years retreat will focus on the last 3 yanas known as the Inner Tantras:
* The Yana of Mahayoga
* The Yana of Anuyoga
* The Yana of Atiyoga
The texts for the retreat are translated into English, German, and French from the Tibetan originals.Explanations and comments for the practices are given at the beginning of each section.At the end of each section, a fire puja (Riwo Sang Chö) will take place.
There is a maximum capasity of 15 participants for the 3 years retreat.The retreat will be consist of both male and female reteatants.Each spacious (16 sqm or 172 sqf) cabin contains the following equipment to live and practice with:
* Basic funiture/supplies (bed, blankets, table, chair...)
* Altar with 2 vases
* Offering bowls
* A gas bottle for cooking
Food is provided by a retreat assistant.
* To be one of Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche's students or by permission of Ganteng Tulku Rinpoche
* To have practiced Buddhism for at least 10 years
* To be psychologically balanced and in good physical condition
* To be able to read and understand texts in either English, German, French, or Tibetan
* To be of age