Hello from Big D...

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
bleak

Hello from Big D...

Post by bleak »

Although I was once upon a time a practicing Buddhist, I'm not anymore. I "believe" in God. I don't like the word "believe" because I know God exists. Not really any religious God, just one of my understanding. I still hold Buddhism in the highest regard. And, I'm starting to get back into meditation. I don't think that Buddhism and a belief in God are mutually exclusive.

When I was a practicing Buddhist, I was taught from the Tibetan Kagyupa lineage. My teacher was Khenpo Karthar Rinpoche of the Karma Triyana Dharmachakra Monestary (KTD) in Woodstock, NY. I was very fortunate to have been allowed to live there for a year. The monastery was still in the final stages of construction but I didn't work on it directly. My job was chopping scrap wood for the wood-burning stoves; one each in the main house and the monastery. In other words, I was a Woodstock wood stocker. :rolling:

I attended puja and meditated a lot. KKR was an amazing teacher. I'm not really sure how much english he knew then because he never spoke it, AFAIK. He always used a translator. I have a sneaking suspicion that knew more of it than he let on. Because, well, it might have kept him out of conversations that he wasn't interested in. My conjecture.

So what brings me here? I'm looking for answers to questions that I haven't been able to find online. This is part of my research. And, maybe I need to re-connect with some Buddhists (sangha)? I still have my Buddha statue and mala. I still believe in the Four Noble Truths.

Anyway, bottom line, I'm here to learn. Thanks!
Last edited by Grigoris on Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed negative references to other Buddhist site.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: Hello from Big D...

Post by Ayu »

Hello bleak, welcome. :heart:

I hope you can find here what you are searching for.

If you are also interested in Theravada, the http://www.dhammawheel.com is a good place.

Have good progress in here,
:namaste: Ayu
lobster

Post by lobster »

I was a Woodstock wood stocker.
:hi:

Looking forward to your questions.
Glad to hear you know the existence of God. Some theists and Buddhists transcend 'existence and non existence' :woohoo:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

Which Big D ?

Dallas, Denver, or Delhi ? :tongue:
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Hi, Welcome to the big DW!