Julius Evola, Radical Traditionalism, and Ur Fascism

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: Julius Evola, Radical Traditionalism, and Ur Fascism

Post by Grigoris »

Red Faced Buddha wrote:Evola was an interesting fellow. Most of the Esoteric Fascist (or Nazis, in the case of Savitri Devi and Miguel Serrano.) are an interesting bunch, bizarre and perhaps a little whacky, but they bring along a few interesting ideas.
A little wacky? Being the driving ideological force behind the deaths of over 60,000,000 people is a little wacky? Interesting ideas? Like eugenics and euthanasia of inferior peoples is an interesting idea?

You wouldn't happen to be a sympathiser would you? Coz any rational person...
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Red Faced Buddha

Post by Red Faced Buddha »

gregkavarnos wrote:
Red Faced Buddha wrote:Evola was an interesting fellow. Most of the Esoteric Fascist (or Nazis, in the case of Savitri Devi and Miguel Serrano.) are an interesting bunch, bizarre and perhaps a little whacky, but they bring along a few interesting ideas.
A little wacky? Being the driving ideological force behind the deaths of over 60,000,000 people is a little wacky? Interesting ideas? Like eugenics and euthanasia of inferior peoples is an interesting idea?

You wouldn't happen to be a sympathiser would you? Coz any rational person...

Most of them were Holocaust Deniers, I don't know their reaction to the euthanasia claims (well, more than just claims, but it's hard to reason with some of those people.) But it was probably "Jewz did it." :tantrum:
You have to remember though that, in Savitri Devi's case, for all she knew, the Holocaust claims could be nonsense. Nowadays we have access to the internet and it's easy to get access to information that proves the Holocaust took place. But for a woman at her time, for all she knew they could be fake.
A person once asked me why I would want to stop rebirth. "It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want to be reborn."
I replied. "Wanting to be reborn is like wanting to stay in a jail cell, when you have the chance to go free and experience the whole wide world. Does a convict, on being freed from his shabby, constricting, little cell, suddenly say "I really want to go back to jail and be put in a cell. It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want that?"
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

You have to remember though that, in Savitri Devi's case, for all she knew, the Holocaust claims could be nonsense. Nowadays we have access to the internet and it's easy to get access to information that proves the Holocaust took place. But for a woman at her time, for all she knew they could be fake.
It's also just as easy to access "info" that proves the holocaust did not take place.

Anyway, I am not just talking about the holocaust (I said 60,000,000 dead), I am talking about Fascist ideology being the driving motor behind WWII.

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
Red Faced Buddha

gregkavarnos wrote:
It's also just as easy to access "info" that proves the holocaust did not take place.

Anyway, I am not just talking about the holocaust (I said 60,000,000 dead), I am talking about Fascist ideology being the driving motor behind WWII.
Let's not go there. It won't end well for either of us. It's been awhile since we last argued on the issue, and my opinions haven't exactly, ahem, softened.
Tell the Golden Dawn I said hi.
A person once asked me why I would want to stop rebirth. "It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want to be reborn."
I replied. "Wanting to be reborn is like wanting to stay in a jail cell, when you have the chance to go free and experience the whole wide world. Does a convict, on being freed from his shabby, constricting, little cell, suddenly say "I really want to go back to jail and be put in a cell. It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want that?"
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Red Faced Buddha wrote:Let's not go there. It won't end well for either of us. It's been awhile since we last argued on the issue, and my opinions haven't exactly, ahem, softened.
We have never discussed the issue of WWII. Now quite clearly you do not think the Jews were to blame for WWII (given the hissy fit smiley in your previous post) but are you saying that Fascism/Nazism was not a key factor for the conflict? I mean, things were pretty quiet for a while in Europe after 37,000,000 people died in the conflicts of WWI. It wasn't until Hitler and his croneys started organising various invasions that WWII kicked off.
This statement is neither cute nor funny. There is nothing funny about a Fascist criminal organisation in parliament. There is nothing funny about the beating and killing of innocent people just because they have darker skin. There is nothing funy about organised raids on community centres. There is nothing funny about a group posing as revolutionaries yet supporting the economic destruction of Greece by attacking the few people still active in trying to maintain workers rights. Thugs, bankrolled by big business, being used as bouncers to destroy any opposition to the complete destruction of every facet of Greek society.

Nothing funny or cute about it at all.

Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

:jawdrop:
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Red Faced Buddha

gregkavarnos wrote:
Red Faced Buddha wrote:Let's not go there. It won't end well for either of us. It's been awhile since we last argued on the issue, and my opinions haven't exactly, ahem, softened.
We have never discussed the issue of WWII. Now quite clearly you do not think the Jews were to blame for WWII (given the hissy fit smiley in your previous post) but are you saying that Fascism/Nazism was not a key factor for the conflict? I mean, things were pretty quiet for a while in Europe after 37,000,000 people died in the conflicts of WWI. It wasn't until Hitler and his croneys started organising various invasions that WWII kicked off.
No, I mean, my belief in fascism has grown.
gregkavarnos wrote:
This statement is neither cute nor funny. There is nothing funny about a Fascist criminal organisation in parliament. There is nothing funny about the beating and killing of innocent people just because they have darker skin. There is nothing funy about organised raids on community centres. There is nothing funny about a group posing as revolutionaries yet supporting the economic destruction of Greece by attacking the few people still active in trying to maintain workers rights. Thugs, bankrolled by big business, being used as bouncers to destroy any opposition to the complete destruction of every facet of Greek society.

Nothing funny or cute about it at all.
And?
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

Hitler and Stalin are the two biggest mass murderers in history, with Mao running 3rd I believe.

Given those facts, it is difficult for most people to see ther politics as admirable, although there are some people that do so simply because they find enjoyment in offending others. Evidently they find some recreational value out of it.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Red Faced Buddha wrote:No, I mean, my belief in fascism has grown.
A Buddhist that believes that the death of 60,000,000 people is a good thing! :twothumbsup: Well done! :cheers: Cheers to the next holocaust!

[Please note: Extreme sarcasm intended. Just in case a reader out there didn't notice it]
And?
Well, if you had any sense of decorum, you would apologise for your bad taste in "humor". Obviously, since you seem to believe that beating and killing innocent people is the right thing to do... :shrug: It's your karma. Nothing I can do about it.

Here are a couple of pictures of victims of attacks by Golden Dawn thugs for you to use as meditation objects for the cultivation of compassion:
victim1.jpg
victim1.jpg (8.13 KiB) Viewed 4888 times
victim2.jpg
victim2.jpg (8.34 KiB) Viewed 4884 times

Red Faced Buddha

gregkavarnos wrote:
A Buddhist that believes that the death of 60,000,000 people is a good thing! :twothumbsup: Well done! :cheers: Cheers to the next holocaust!

[Please note: Extreme sarcasm intended. Just in case a reader out there didn't notice it]
We're not omniscient, but we can tell sarcasm. Isn't not that hard to detect. :tongue:
gregkavarnos wrote:
And?
Well, if you had any sense of decorum, you would apologise for your bad taste in "humor". Obviously, since you seem to believe that beating and killing innocent people is the right thing to do... :shrug: It's your karma. Nothing I can do about it.
It was partly a joke, but I'm not going to apologize for it. I hope it gains more seats and power.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Red Faced Buddha wrote:It was partly a joke, but I'm not going to apologize for it. I hope it gains more seats and power.
You hope more innocent people are maimed and killed.

Last year a bomb was planted in a public rubbish bin in an Athenian inner city suburb packed full of immigrants from various war torn regions of the world: Nigeria, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc...

The bomb went off when a mother and her two children (refugees from Iraq) were searching through the rubbish for food to eat. The mother and 10 year old son were killed, the 8 year old daughter was in a coma for 10 days and will be permanently crippled from the attack. The people responsible for this action are the people you hope will gain more seats and power.

But it's easy to love (and play at being) Fascists from the cocooned safety of a computer screen in rural America, isn't it? Here in Greece the story is VERY different. Actually, a couple of days ago, a Golden Dawn member in the town where I live was beaten so badly by Antifa activists that he required hospitalisation.

Should I be a funny guy and ask you to send my greetings to your local Antifa cell? Would that make us even? No!

I asked for your opinion regarding the role of Fascist ideology in the unfolding of WWII. You did not reply. I explain exactly how Fascism and Fascists work in the real world. You attempt to flame.

Your next attempt to flame and troll will land you a warning and suspension. Intelligent discussion of a difficult issue? Go for it. Flaming and trolling? Against the Terms of Service. Democracy at its finest!

Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Red Faced Buddha wrote:
gregkavarnos wrote:

We're not omniscient, but we can tell sarcasm. Isn't not that hard to detect. :tongue:
gregkavarnos wrote:
And?
It was partly a joke, but I'm not going to apologize for it. I hope it gains more seats and power.
A joke is never only a joke ...

... and have a better rebirth!

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Red Faced Buddha

gregkavarnos wrote:
Red Faced Buddha wrote:It was partly a joke, but I'm not going to apologize for it. I hope it gains more seats and power.
You hope more innocent people are maimed and killed.

Last year a bomb was planted in a public rubbish bin in an Athenian inner city suburb packed full of immigrants from various war torn regions of the world: Nigeria, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc...

The bomb went off when a mother and her two children (refugees from Iraq) were searching through the rubbish for food to eat. The mother and 10 year old son were killed, the 8 year old daughter was in a coma for 10 days and will be permanently crippled from the attack. The people responsible for this action are the people you hope will gain more seats and power.

But it's easy to love (and play at being) Fascists from the cocooned safety of a computer screen in rural America, isn't it? Here in Greece the story is VERY different. Actually, a couple of days ago, a Golden Dawn member in the town where I live was beaten so badly by Antifa activists that he required hospitalisation.
Yeah, I really live in a cocoon behind my computer screen. When three or four black thugs beat me nearly to death, I'm not living in the real world.
gregkavarnos wrote: Should I be a funny guy and ask you to send my greetings to your local Antifa cell? Would that make us even? No!

I asked for your opinion regarding the role of Fascist ideology in the unfolding of WWII. You did not reply. I explain exactly how Fascism and Fascists work in the real world. You attempt to flame.

Your next attempt to flame and troll will land you a warning and suspension. Intelligent discussion of a difficult issue? Go for it. Flaming and trolling? Against the Terms of Service. Democracy at its finest!
I'm not going to prpursue the matter any further, but I will say I find amusing how you call any attempt to contradict you flaming and trolling.
:focus:
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Red Faced Buddha wrote:Yeah, I really live in a cocoon behind my computer screen. When three or four black thugs beat me nearly to death, I'm not living in the real world.
And I was once beaten to the point of hospitalisation by a bunch of Italian thugs, does that mean I should embrace racism and hate Italians??? The "colour" of the thugs is not the issue, the fact they they were thugs is the issue. But as a Buddhist even that is not the issue, because apparently as Buddhists, we should be aware of the fact that those that beat us are condemning themselves to a fate much worse than ours was. Remember compassion?
I'm not going to prpursue the matter any further, but I will say I find amusing how you call any attempt to contradict you flaming and trolling.
Ummmm... no actually. You did not contradict my claim about Fascism being a decisive factor in starting WWII (you didn't answer at all), nor did you contradict any of the evidence I provided about the criminal nature of Golden Dawn. You just (quite clearly) engaged in trolling and flaming.

Not that this surprises me. One time a friend of mine pointed out an article on a Greek Fascist blog about Buddhism. It crapped on about "the eternal spirit", "the Aryan heritage of the Buddha", the greatness of (the Greek) King Milinda and his expansion of the Bactrian empire, etc... I sent them (via the comments) a small explantion about Buddhism being about overcoming dualisms of race, sex, gender, etc... About the comapssion and love of the Bodhisattvas for ALL sentient beings. About how the Buddha allowed members of all castes into the Sangha, without prejudice. About how the Buddha threw away all the privileges of his Aryan heritage to become a wandering ascetic beggar. About the fact that King Milinda was considered great, not because of his martial prowess, but because of his incredible grasp of philosophy (and about how Nagasena kicked his philosophical ass). I also told them that I have translated the Milindapanha into Greek and if they wished I could send them a copy of the translation for free.

You know what they did? They blocked the comment function of the blog and just ignored me. Ignorance, it seems, is bliss after all!

Red Faced Buddha

gregkavarnos wrote:
Red Faced Buddha wrote:Yeah, I really live in a cocoon behind my computer screen. When three or four black thugs beat me nearly to death, I'm not living in the real world.
And I was once beaten to the point of hospitalisation by a bunch of Italian thugs, does that mean I should embrace racism and hate Italians??? The "colour" of the thugs is not the issue, the fact they they were thugs is the issue. But as a Buddhist even that is not the issue, because apparently as Buddhists, we should be aware of the fact that those that beat us are condemning themselves to a fate much worse than ours was. Remember compassion?
Ummmm... no actually. You did not contradict my claim about Fascism being a decisive factor in starting WWII (you didn't answer at all), nor did you contradict any of the evidence I provided about the criminal nature of Golden Dawn. You just (quite clearly) engaged in trolling and flaming.
I didn't t understand your claim. Of course Fascism played a part in WW2, it started the whole bloody affair.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Red Faced Buddha wrote:I didn't t understand your claim. Of course Fascism played a part in WW2, it started the whole bloody affair.
Contact is established, and as a result of that, agreement has occurred! :woohoo:

Red Faced Buddha

gregkavarnos wrote:
Well, I probably would've been more compassionate if six or so fine upstanding citizens didn't just watched and let it happen.
Does not wishing death or hell on them count as compassion?
gregkavarnos wrote:
I couldn't find any site supporting your claim. I checked quite a few but it was never brought up. Are you even sure they did it? Not just some renegade? There are hardened criminals who will gut you and burn your home down, but go as far as defecting when it comes to women and children (though there are some people who will kill women and children, my point is that even among several hardened criminals, that is too far.)
Red Faced Buddha

gregkavarnos wrote:
Red Faced Buddha wrote:I didn't t understand your claim. Of course Fascism played a part in WW2, it started the whole bloody affair.
Contact is established, and as a result of that, agreement has occurred! :woohoo:
I've never specified to the contrary. Most of the Nazis tick me off because they blame the Jews for the war. It s like punching someone and blaming some hobo down the street for making you do it.
Red Faced Buddha

gregkavarnos wrote:

Not that this surprises me. One time a friend of mine pointed out an article on a Greek Fascist blog about Buddhism. It crapped on about "the eternal spirit", "the Aryan heritage of the Buddha", the greatness of (the Greek) King Milinda and his expansion of the Bactrian empire, etc... I sent them (via the comments) a small explantion about Buddhism being about overcoming dualisms of race, sex, gender, etc... About the comapssion and love of the Bodhisattvas for ALL sentient beings. About how the Buddha allowed members of all castes into the Sangha, without prejudice. About how the Buddha threw away all the privileges of his Aryan heritage to become a wandering ascetic beggar. About the fact that King Milinda was considered great, not because of his martial prowess, but because of his incredible grasp of philosophy (and about how Nagasena kicked his philosophical ass). I also told them that I have translated the Milindapanha into Greek and if they wished I could send them a copy of the translation for free.

You know what they did? They blocked the comment function of the blog and just ignored me. Ignorance, it seems, is bliss after all!
You know the whole Aryan thing was more of a British things that the Nazis got in on? Mussolini never believed that rubbish though he had to say the Italians were Aryans to keep them from falling back into their inferiority complex.
Just another attempt by the British Empire to steal another race's accomplishments.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Red Faced Buddha wrote:I couldn't find any site supporting your claim. I checked quite a few but it was never brought up. Are you even sure they did it? Not just some renegade? There are hardened criminals who will gut you and burn your home down, but go as far as defecting when it comes to women and children (though there are some people who will kill women and children, my point is that even among several hardened criminals, that is too far.)
The leadership of Golden Dawn are hardened criminals. That is why I refer to them as a criminal organisation. Apart from owning brothels (ie they are pimps), running protection rackets, etc... some of them have a REALLY serious criminal past cf here.

Return to “Lounge”