'Black' magic

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.

'Black' magic

Postby Snovid » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:28 pm

I was not sure where to put this topic
but the section 'prayers' seem right place.

Anyway,any type of prayer is magic
any magical action boils down to this to plunge into prayer.

So
I writes what I mean :)

At one time I was much grant in web writing in several forums
quite a lot different texts about spirituality.

On the internet we stumble upon of various people.

On my texts hit someone who apparently very angry
fact that my indifference to his divinity :D

But as I said
we'll never know who do we get on the web.

This person started .. hm,write about me various idiocys ;p
began beware of people about me.
Some idiotic accusations that I was a black magician :stirthepot:
because supposed I blocked his third eye chakra :crazy:

I do not know how to unlock my own
let alone the someone blocked :lol:

OK.

My questions:

1- If this person performs the magic to harm others
it can be somehow to find out?

2- That's what happened to him (allegedly,third eye)
could be due to the fact that I chant a particular mantra?

3-Assuming hypothetically
that I came across a madman who can use the 'black' magic,hypothetically.
What in this situation we can do to be inviolable?

Or maybe the fact that I became a student of ChNN
I am under the care of guardians of teachings
and that is why people trying to harm me meets punishment? :guns:

I am happy to get to know your opinions :)

SnoVvid Rincewind :popcorn:
Last edited by kirtu on Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited with Snowid's permission to preserve practice secrecy.
I am from Poland I use google translator I do not know English
User avatar
Snovid
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:10 pm

Re: 'Black' magic

Postby Dronma » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:25 pm

Snowid, if we get into the core of the teachings, then there is no black magic for harming us.
Especially, ChNN Rinpoche gives advice often through his teachings for people who are afraid of black magic. It is enough to practice Simhamukha.
However, the practice of Dharma is not for repaying the black magic to others, like a kind of revenge. Since through Dharma we develop immense compassion for all sentient beings.
And yes, if we keep our samayas pure, then the Guardians of the teachings will always protect us.
"My view is as vast as the sky, but my actions are finer than flour"
~ Padmasambhava ~
User avatar
Dronma
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:29 pm
Location: Athens - GR

Re: 'Black' magic

Postby Snovid » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:41 pm

However, the practice of Dharma is not for repaying the black magic to others, like a kind of revenge.

That's why I asked for immunity/inviolability.

I do not want to take revenge and I'm not afraid.
I'm curious.

My curiosity intensifies because of that person
I heard today.

Two days earlier I had a dream
where I was surrounded by a group of people
in strange clothes

I sat on the ground and chant a particular mantra

Nobody could do anything to me
They heard my mantra and left.

Maybe it's a prophetic dream
I do not know this I can not check this.

That's why I prefer to be circumspect :)
Last edited by kirtu on Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited with Snowid's permission to preserve practice secrecy.
I am from Poland I use google translator I do not know English
User avatar
Snovid
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:10 pm

Re: 'Black' magic

Postby Dronma » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:14 pm

Snowid wrote:My curiosity intensifies because of that person
I heard today.

There are many lunatics around.
Just take care to whom you trust.... :smile:


Snowid wrote:
Two days earlier I had a dream
where I was surrounded by a group of people
in strange clothes

These are karmic dreams. Nothing to worry about.

Maybe you'd like to read the book "Magic Dance" by Thinley Norbu Rinpoche.
http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Dance-Thinley-Norbu/dp/0877738858
"My view is as vast as the sky, but my actions are finer than flour"
~ Padmasambhava ~
User avatar
Dronma
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:29 pm
Location: Athens - GR

Re: 'Black' magic

Postby M.G. » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:06 am

Guardian practice will dispel any spiritual negativity.

True story: I used to live with a guy who fancied himself a real Aleister Crowley/Black Magician type, and after a few weeks he told me, quite seriously, "that Buddhist stuff you're doing with those bells has scared all my demons away!"
M.G.
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:56 am

Re: 'Black' magic

Postby Snovid » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:00 am

It is enough to practice Simhamukha.

In polish community shop there is no book that describes this practice.
English-language books? I know english too little .

For this practice I do not need any additional transmission
addition to those that I have received in the last three webcasts?

If anyone knows this practice and can describe it to me
I will be thankful for sending me the information on PW.
Maybe someone from the community will translate it to me then.

SnoVvid The Not Knowledgable :sage:
I am from Poland I use google translator I do not know English
User avatar
Snovid
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:10 pm

Re: 'Black' magic

Postby Dronma » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Snowid wrote:English-language books? I know english too little .

For this practice I do not need any additional transmission
addition to those that I have received in the last three webcasts?


Simhamukha exists is all Tuns and Ganapujas.
It is enough to practice short or medium Tun with her mantra.
Moreover, there is this book in English:
http://www.shangshungstore.org/index.php?l=product_detail&p=121
"My view is as vast as the sky, but my actions are finer than flour"
~ Padmasambhava ~
User avatar
Dronma
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:29 pm
Location: Athens - GR

Re: 'Black' magic

Postby Clarence » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:14 pm

Dronma wrote:
[color=#000080]These are karmic dreams. Nothing to worry about.


How do you know? Little dangerous to give such advice. Unless of course you pretend to be at CNN's level.
Clarence
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:19 pm

Re: 'Black' magic

Postby hansen » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:22 pm

1- If this person performs the magic to harm others
it can be somehow to find out?

Maybe, maybe not.

2- That's what happened to him (allegedly,third eye)
could be due to the fact that I chant a particular mantra?

Maybe, maybe not.

3-Assuming hypothetically
that I came across a madman who can use the 'black' magic,hypothetically.
What in this situation we can do to be inviolable?

I'm not sure you have to do anything. If you didn't do this thing to him intentionally, it's his problem , not yours.

- h -
Last edited by kirtu on Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited with Snowid's permission to preserve practice secrecy.
hansen
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:25 am

Re: 'Black' magic

Postby Dronma » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Clarence wrote:How do you know? Little dangerous to give such advice. Unless of course you pretend to be at CNN's level.


It is what I think.
I don't pretend anything.
"My view is as vast as the sky, but my actions are finer than flour"
~ Padmasambhava ~
User avatar
Dronma
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:29 pm
Location: Athens - GR

Re: 'Black' magic

Postby Sherab Dorje » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:37 am

The only protection one needs is a stable mind free from the extremes of grasping and aversion. Protective practices work to bring about this stability. That is tehir aim. If you do not have a protector practice then do your guru yoga. If you have trust in the capacity of the guru to protect you from harm, then they will protect you from harm.
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
User avatar
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9635
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: 'Black' magic

Postby Clarence » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:51 pm

Dronma wrote:
Clarence wrote:How do you know? Little dangerous to give such advice. Unless of course you pretend to be at CNN's level.


It is what I think.
I don't pretend anything.


Okay. It just wasn't clear that that was just your opinion. It came across as stated as fact.
Clarence
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:19 pm

Re: 'Black' magic

Postby Dronma » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:21 pm

“My form appeared like a dream to sentient beings who are like a dream. I taught them dreamlike teaching to attain dreamlike enlightenment.”

~ The Buddha, Supreme Jewel Mound ~
"My view is as vast as the sky, but my actions are finer than flour"
~ Padmasambhava ~
User avatar
Dronma
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:29 pm
Location: Athens - GR

Re: 'Black' magic

Postby Aemilius » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:05 am

Snowid wrote:I was not sure where to put this topic
but the section 'prayers' seem right place.

Anyway,any type of prayer is magic
any magical action boils down to this to plunge into prayer.

So
I writes what I mean :)



I don't think that qualifies as a defintion of "magic". For example: There are prayer flags and there are commercial flags of different companies and flags adverticing various products. Both kinds are flying in the wind and functioning in some mysterious ways, because there are so many of them. We would have to call certain forms of adverticing magic or that they have a magical function.
There are secret and open teachings in the adverticing and other businesses that really seem like pure magic, they express a magical functioning of the human society or the human mass consciousness. Printing a lot of mantras etc is similar to adverticing campaigns.
Any type of mental volition, or a mental act as such, is not magic. This is in my opinion.
svaha
User avatar
Aemilius
 
Posts: 1507
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:44 am

Re: 'Black' magic

Postby Snovid » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:02 pm

If we see magic as a conscious action combined with the intention
(I see the magic in this way)
then any prayer or wishes for good health and happiness have the appearance of magic.

:popcorn:
I am from Poland I use google translator I do not know English
User avatar
Snovid
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:10 pm

Re: 'Black' magic

Postby Aemilius » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:36 pm

The definitions of magic add various elements, mere volition or mental act doesn't constitute magic as such. There is very little in the definition of magic in the wikipedia article, and it's polish version is non-existent. Further inquiry into the forms of magic mentioned in wikipedia tell us more what it really is.
Here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic
An example: you may go jogging with the intention and wish of becoming healthy and of remaining in good health. Jogging is not seen normally as a magical operation.
svaha
User avatar
Aemilius
 
Posts: 1507
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:44 am

Re: 'Black' magic

Postby M.G. » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:03 pm

Aemilius wrote:The definitions of magic add various elements, mere volition or mental act doesn't constitute magic as such. There is very little in the definition of magic in the wikipedia article, and it's polish version is non-existent. Further inquiry into the forms of magic mentioned in wikipedia tell us more what it really is.
Here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic
An example: you may go jogging with the intention and wish of becoming healthy and of remaining in good health. Jogging is not seen normally as a magical operation.


This isn't hugely important in terms of dharma, but I'd define magic as the deliberate use of non-local action.

As many have said, faith in one's guru, meditative stability, and regular deity & guardian practice absolutely protects against all real black magic, which is anyway quite rare.
M.G.
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:56 am

Re: 'Black' magic

Postby kirtu » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:01 am

M.G. wrote: This isn't hugely important in terms of dharma, but I'd define magic as the deliberate use of non-local action.


Nice definition ...

M.G. wrote:....absolutely protects against all real black magic, which is anyway quite rare.


well, now it is ....

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
User avatar
kirtu
Former staff member
 
Posts: 4460
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: 'Black' magic

Postby Ayu » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:01 am

To ask the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas for protection seems to be a functioning thing. Also reciting mantras, Tara, Avalokiteshvara, Vajrasattva or Medicine Buddha...
And taking refuge into ethics, the five precepts, seems to be powerful.
Or a great initiation into Chenrezig (Avalokiteshvara).
Because, if our mothers, who have been kind to us
From beginningless time, are suffering,
What can we do with (just) our own happiness?
From 10th of 37 Bodhisattva Practices
User avatar
Ayu
 
Posts: 995
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:25 am
Location: Europe

Re: 'Black' magic

Postby Aemilius » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:42 am

M.G. wrote:
Aemilius wrote:The definitions of magic add various elements, mere volition or mental act doesn't constitute magic as such. There is very little in the definition of magic in the wikipedia article, and it's polish version is non-existent. Further inquiry into the forms of magic mentioned in wikipedia tell us more what it really is.
Here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic
An example: you may go jogging with the intention and wish of becoming healthy and of remaining in good health. Jogging is not seen normally as a magical operation.


This isn't hugely important in terms of dharma, but I'd define magic as the deliberate use of non-local action.

As many have said, faith in one's guru, meditative stability, and regular deity & guardian practice absolutely protects against all real black magic, which is anyway quite rare.


That leads to the further question: what is "non-local action"?
svaha
User avatar
Aemilius
 
Posts: 1507
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:44 am

Next

Return to Prayers and Aspirations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

>