Hi there :)

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
lkearns

Hi there :)

Post by lkearns »

I am Luke, residing in Sydney, Australia.
Have been studying Buddhism for around a half year now, at this point I have not delved in to any particular school and this seems to be a great place to learn.

I have been keeping my eyes out on this site for any kind of simple introductory threads/forums where I can ask questions and such.

thanks all,

:namaste:
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Hi there :)

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:anjali:
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Welcome Luke! Studying Buddhisms various traditions is a good idea, but practicing is the essence of Buddhism. If you are truly interested in Buddhism I would recommend visiting various centres and practicing with the people there. See which one "clicks" with you and run with it. In Sydney you will find plenty of "ethnic" Buddhist temples, temples that cater to the practice needs of specific ethnic groups (this may make practice difficult as everything will be conducted in a language that you may not be familiar with), and lots of less ethnically oriented groups. Don't be put off, your previous karma may allow you to feel right at home in an ethnic temple too!

Good luck!
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Punya

Post by Punya »

Hi and welcome Luke. :smile:
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche

Return to “Introductions”