Message regarding Lama Tharchin Rinpoche's Passing

Punya

Message regarding Lama Tharchin Rinpoche's Passing

Post by Punya »

Dear Sangha and Friends,

It is with great sadness that we are sending this email to inform you that Lama Tharchin Rinpoche passed away today from a sudden heart attack. Lama Sonam Rinpoche has asked us to forward the message below from Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche with his advice:
"For those who are Lama Tharchin's students, if you have a spiritual connection to him as a student and him as a teacher this is a time to do your guru yoga. The guru doesn't ever pass. The guru is always in the present. So please do whatever form of guru yoga you can. Also this is the time to do Vajrasattva mantra to purify all the misdeeds. Also light butter lamps...”

We will get in touch soon with further details regarding our practice schedule.

With much love,
Vajrayana Foundation
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche
Punya

Re: Message regarding Lama Tharchin Rinpoche's Passing

Post by Punya »

My heartfelt sympathy to Yudron and any other DW members who are Lama Tharchin Rinpoche's students. It is tragic that two of Thinley Norbu Rinpoche's close students have passed suddenly in the last 12 months - the other being Traleg Rinpoche.
Attachments
Bhutan 2013.jpg
Bhutan 2013.jpg (64.31 KiB) Viewed 5930 times
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Yes, my sympathies to Yudron and his other students as well. Sad news.
muni

Post by muni »

Many many warm prayers. :heart: :buddha1: 'The guru doesn't ever pass. The guru is always in the present'.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Udanavarga: ''Like a person sentenced to death approaching his [place of] execution with every step he takes, such is the life of humans."

OM AMI DEWA HRIH
Amitabha.JPG
Amitabha.JPG (35.36 KiB) Viewed 5920 times
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
yegyal

Post by yegyal »

Such sad news. My heart goes out to all his students.
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

OM VAJRASATTVA HUNG

May Lama Tharchin quickly return to teach all beings.
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

"Most all-knowing Mañjuśrī, ...
Please illuminate the radiant wisdom spirit
Of my precious Buddha nature."
HH Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

My condolences to his students, and I'll echo the advice of all the great masters: Now is the time to practice, especially Guru Yoga.

May he return quickly.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
heart

Post by heart »

All my love for his students.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

"The guru doesn't ever pass. The guru is always in the present."

:heart: :namaste: :heart:
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Dronma wrote:"The guru doesn't ever pass. The guru is always in the present."

:heart: :namaste: :heart:
:meditate:

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Lama Tharchin Rinpoche Discusses His Holiness Thinley Norbu Rinpoche's Cremation.
(Α video from last year).

phpBB [video]
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Lama Tharchin's kudang, Dorsem Lama Chopa puja practice and schedule.
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

"Most all-knowing Mañjuśrī, ...
Please illuminate the radiant wisdom spirit
Of my precious Buddha nature."
HH Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

Like water poured into water

For the holy there is no coming or going.

Though if I had to guess, I'd say he is at the Copper colored mountain with Guru Rinpoche and the Consorts.

LIGHT shining on LIGHT.

Lama remember me.

Lama remember me.

Lama remember me.
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

During puja, Loppon Jigme Rinpoche said the following words:

"Today is a very sad day. My uncle and your root guru, Lama Tharchin Rinpoche passed into Parinirvana and this is the saddest moment for all of us. His legacy was that he created this wonderful Guru Rinpoche's mandala here for us to enter into and connect with ... He worked tirelessly with every effort, mental, vocal, physical, for the teachings and well being of all beings and he slowly accomplished this wondrous mandala here and his aspiration and message for us to enter this mandala to practice with devotion and trust in the guru. And that when we trust and have devotion and faith in the guru, only then we can relate our own inner absolute guru within us that has never been separated from us. So at this juncture for all of us who have come here to connect with and to embark on what my uncle and your own root guru has created … this particular occasion we gather here to pray and to practice so that his enlightened activity will further flourish and will bring peace and happiness to all beings. And as Rinpoche himself has committed his life for the teachings and for well being, for us as disciples and followers to continue and support the guru's activities as a group and as individuals wholeheartedly practice and come together in one mandala until personal enlightenment … Rinpoche has always been saying that and always recommend and trusted Lama Sonam Rinpoche that he will lead all of you in furthering his activities with one pointed trust and devotion under the guidance of His Holiness Dungse Thinley Norbu Rinpoche and my late uncle Lama Tharchin Rinpoche's enlightened visions. This is just what he created for us to come together and if we follow that and enter this wonderful outer mandala he has created here, and enter here you will naturally have that sense of joy, vast experience of spaciousness and openness that we can immediately enter the inner mandala without having much to do that you will in other circumstances. Just coming here you can immediately change your environment, inner environment, which means your mind enters your own mandala. Immediately you have trust and devotion, trust in the guru, trust in yourself becomes self evident and this is what you have to recognize and come together and practice and entertain with this nature-like dharma and for that I will conclude here and again thank you all for coming, on behalf of my family, thank you for very much."
JKhedrup

Post by JKhedrup »

This is in many ways the hardest lesson our gurus teach us, and one that most of us will have to learn one day. I pray Lama Tharchin Rinpoche's students can be the torchbearer of his projects so his holy aspirations can be fulfilled.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Dzongsar Khyentse's talks about Lama Tharchin's passing away:
http://www.vajrayana.org/files/5813/754 ... irvana.pdf
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Does anyone know how old Rinpoche was?
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Zhen Li

Post by Zhen Li »

A river's course may be diverted, but it still flows from the same spring.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

It has been pointed out to me that Tulku Thondup's "Masters of Meditation and Miracles" gives Rinpoche's year of birth as 1936, so he would have been either 76 or 77.

Return to “Nyingma”