Sadhana of Rechungpa

dzoki

Sadhana of Rechungpa

Post by dzoki »

Hi friends,

I am kind of interested in the early Kagyu, especially Rechung Kagyu, Ngogpa Kagyu, lineages related to Kordragpa etc. Especially I would like to know whether there is a sadhana of Rechungpa (in the fashion of similar sadhanas of Marpa, Milarepa, Gampopa and Karma Pakshi), I tried to search for it in TBRC, but did not find anything yet. All hints are welcome.

thanks
Luke

Re: Sadhana of Rechungpa

Post by Luke »

I don't know if a Rechungpa sadhana exists or not, but Changling Rinpoche is the current lineage holder of Rechungpa's teachings, so if anybody knows the answer, it's probably him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changling_Rinpoche" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rinpoche taught a "Rechung Gar" Retreat last summer, but it's not clear if it involves visualizing Rechungpa or not.
http://www.lotusspeech.ca/sproatregister.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also remember a long time ago reading about a Kagyu tradition which had a six-year Mahamudra retreat in order to pass on Rechungpa's teachings. I forget whether it was this Rinpoche or another one. If I remember correctly, they were trying to set up a retreat center in New York, but I can't remember and I can't find the webpage anymore...
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Not sure if there's a Rechungpa Guru Yoga out there, though I imagine chances are good....

Rechungpa is part of the Karma Pakshi LaDrup, though.....essential Karma Kagyu practice.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
dzoki

Post by dzoki »

Luke wrote:I don't know if a Rechungpa sadhana exists or not, but Changling Rinpoche is the current lineage holder of Rechungpa's teachings, so if anybody knows the answer, it's probably him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changling_Rinpoche" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rinpoche taught a "Rechung Gar" Retreat last summer, but it's not clear if it involves visualizing Rechungpa or not.
http://www.lotusspeech.ca/sproatregister.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also remember a long time ago reading about a Kagyu tradition which had a six-year Mahamudra retreat in order to pass on Rechungpa's teachings. I forget whether it was this Rinpoche or another one. If I remember correctly, they were trying to set up a retreat center in New York, but I can't remember and I can't find the webpage anymore...
I guess the topic of this Rechung Gar (Rechungpa's camp) retreat was his 6equal tastes. At least in TBRC there is no guruyoga on Rechung composed by himself. There are some writings on Vajrapani and medicine. Not much of anything else, although of course one could not consider TBRC an ultimate source of Tibetan texts. I will check what they have on the previous Changling Rinpoches, maybe one of them composed something.

Edited due to failing internet connection.
dzoki

Post by dzoki »

conebeckham wrote:Not sure if there's a Rechungpa Guru Yoga out there, though I imagine chances are good....

Rechungpa is part of the Karma Pakshi LaDrup, though.....essential Karma Kagyu practice.
That's right, there is an invocation to Rechung and his mantra. Since this is considered a terma (though my own opinion is that it is a dagnang dubbed as terma) it would be pitty if there would be no guruyoga of Rechungpa composed by Kagyu masters.

Return to “Kagyu”