Direct Transmission of Dzogchen

Adamantine
Former staff member

Re: Direct Transmission of Dzogchen

Post by Adamantine »

Mikeliegler wrote:I'm at lost as to where I'm going to find a Dzogchen Master in Milwaukee, Wisconsin to recieve the Direct Transmission of Dzogchen. I'm disabled and house bound so I do very little traveling. Can someone suggest something in my case?

:group:

Thank You Very Kindly

Mike
Another idea is you could try to organize an event in Milwaukee, if it is hard for you travel. You could invite a teacher that is not too far.. like Lama Dawa Chhodak in Lansing Iowa http://www.lamadawa.com/ or as someone mentioned, Young Kachab Rinpoche in Madison. If you networked with the local college kids you met and some other people interested, you could get a group and hopefully a location. Just a thought!
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
flavio81

Post by flavio81 »

Mikeliegler wrote:I'm at lost as to where I'm going to find a Dzogchen Master in Milwaukee, Wisconsin to recieve the Direct Transmission of Dzogchen. I'm disabled and house bound so I do very little traveling. Can someone suggest something in my case?

:group:

Thank You Very Kindly

Mike
Dear Mike,

You're lucky we are in the internet age. Chogyal Namkhai Norbu gives many retreats a year and gives direct introduction through real-time video webcasts. Check out the international Dzogchen Community website. ChNN is remarkable, to put it mildly.

Keep persisting until you can tune-in to one of the open webcasts. It is worth it. You can do it. You're not alone, thanks to the internet. And, paraphrasign the late Dilgo Khyentse Rimpoche, don't feel sorry. You are intrinsically enlightened and lack nothing.
If this is a virtual sangha, do we achieve virtualization instead of realization?
Mikeliegler

Post by Mikeliegler »

Anyone know when Chögyal Namkhai Norbu will give the next direct transmission at Chicago time today?
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Is Chicago Eastern or Central?

If you didn't make it to the World Wide Transmission thirteen hours ago, there's a retreat (that will go open webcast) starting in fourteen hours (2:00 A.M. Eastern Time). And Chögyal Rinpoche always gives the Transmission of Guru Yoga during retreats.
Mikeliegler

Post by Mikeliegler »

Lhug-Pa wrote:Is Chicago Eastern or Central?

If you didn't make it to the World Wide Transmission thirteen hours ago, there's a retreat (that will go open webcast) starting in fourteen hours (2:00 A.M. Eastern Time). And Chögyal Rinpoche always gives the Transmission of Guru Yoga during retreats.
Lhug-Pa

Thank you kindly, That looks like it's going to be 1:00 A.M. Chicago time tomorrow early morning. I'm setting my alarm clock and be sure I'm up so I don't miss this one.

:namaste:

Mike

Return to “Dzogchen”