Still here

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Victoryoftheppl

Still here

Post by Victoryoftheppl »

Just a lot going on. I dropped off because this is all so complicated. There are so many things I need to get in check first with myself. My weight, my sleep habits, etc. Commitment. Everything I read was so true and clicked, but I've fallen off. I'm ashamed of myself. Idk. I'm in such a hostile environment, it's hard to keep cool when it feels like everything is against you.
lobster

Re: Still here

Post by lobster »

:popcorn:

no magic wand available :shrug:

what's the plan? :hi:
Monsoon

Post by Monsoon »

There is no pressure to do this. Take it at your own pace. If you need breaks, take them. Community is always here, and there are many here who can offer much good advice (myself excluded of course!).
Let peace reign!

Metta,

Monsoon
Victoryoftheppl

Post by Victoryoftheppl »

lobster wrote::popcorn:

no magic wand available :shrug:

what's the plan? :hi:
I feel kind of offput my your response.

Thanks monsoon. Did you mean included or excluded?
Monsoon

Post by Monsoon »

Excluded, on 2 points:

1. Most everybody else here is orders of magnitude wiser than I.
2. I am the worst follower of my own advice in the perceived universe.

I really just wanted to say not to sweat it and that there is plenty of support here (even if it is only at a distance).
Let peace reign!

Metta,

Monsoon
Dave The Seeker

Post by Dave The Seeker »

No matter what situation you're in, just do your best. Thats all you can do.
The Dharma teaches us that we can overcome these emotions and delusions. But it takes time, practice and patience.
Best wishes to you and keep on trying to do the best you can.

Please don't let comments that you find to offset you deter you from finding your path and seeking the help of those who can help.you.

:namaste:
Dave
Everyday problems teach us to have a realistic attitude.
They teach us that life is what life is; flawed.
Yet with tremendous potential for joy and fulfillment.
~Lama Surya Das~

If your path teaches you to act and exert yourself correctly and leads to spiritual realizations such as love, compassion and wisdom then obviously it's worthwhile.
~Lama Thubten Yeshe~

One whose mind is freed does not argue with anyone, he does not dispute with anyone. He makes use of the conventional terms of the world without clinging to them
~The Buddha~
flavio81

Post by flavio81 »

Victoryoftheppl wrote:Just a lot going on. I dropped off because this is all so complicated. There are so many things I need to get in check first with myself. My weight, my sleep habits, etc. Commitment. Everything I read was so true and clicked, but I've fallen off. I'm ashamed of myself. Idk. I'm in such a hostile environment, it's hard to keep cool when it feels like everything is against you.
You can start by sleeping more, as this is a basis for healthy mood balance.
So, how do you feel today?
lobster

Post by lobster »

Victoryoftheppl wrote: I feel kind of offput my your response.
. . . and that is what we are like.
Praise and support and we are happy. Point out that we must continue making efforts and . . . :tantrum:

So I will say again. No magic wand. What is the plan?
It sounds as if you have a great deal you feel needs to be done? The Buddhist path is something we return to.
Again and again and again . . . well that is my plan :smile:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Dave The Seeker wrote:No matter what situation you're in, just do your best. Thats all you can do.
The Dharma teaches us that we can overcome these emotions and delusions. But it takes time, practice and patience.
Best wishes to you and keep on trying to do the best you can.
Yeah, I agree with Dave.

You need to be able to forgive yourself as well as others. We can't all be Milarepa or Bodhidharma. Just do the small positive actions which you're able to do and note how they produce small positive results both in your mind and in the world.

:namaste:
Punya

Post by Punya »

Victoryoftheppl wrote:Just a lot going on. I dropped off because this is all so complicated. There are so many things I need to get in check first with myself. My weight, my sleep habits, etc. Commitment. Everything I read was so true and clicked, but I've fallen off. I'm ashamed of myself. Idk. I'm in such a hostile environment, it's hard to keep cool when it feels like everything is against you.
Glad to hear you're still about. Just continue exploring as and when you feel the inclination. How about trying another book such as The Heart of The Buddha's Teaching by Thich Nhat Hanh or something written by Pema Chodron? It's not uncommon for there to be lots of stops and starts when first considering buddhism.

Personally I have tried lots of different ways of tackling life's problems including eating issues and poor sleep and eventually concluded the Buddha's teachings hold the answer to all this and much more. But you'll want to test this out for yourself. I can also highly recommend exercise as a way of dealing with stress and improving sleep. Just walking for half an hour per day can help. And whatever the situation keep telling yourself you're doing the best that you can right now.
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche

Return to “Lounge”