Precious Vase

Snovid

Precious Vase

Post by Snovid »

I read to page 55 and switched me to the red light.

First is the mentioned of impermanence, this would not get attached to stuff, to no accumulate riches - page 51
and then instruction on how to treat the master, that is need to bestow him things - page 55

It reminds me of catholicism where the priest teach people that left their property (and the church to take care of it)

What this is about? :popcorn:
I am from Poland I use google translator I do not know English
treehuggingoctopus

Re: Precious Vase

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Snowid wrote:I read to page 55 and switched me to the red light.

First is the mentioned of impermanence, this would not get attached to stuff, to no accumulate riches - page 51
and then instruction on how to treat the master, that is need to bestow him things - page 55

It reminds me of catholicism where the priest teach people that left their property (and the church to take care of it)

What this is about? :popcorn:
Firstly, it's nothing whatsoever like what the Catholic Church advocates (more on that in the e-mail I've just sent you).
Secondly, the Precious Vase is a restricted, transmission-related book - and as such it is not fit to discuss it openly on the Internet.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
WmBainbridge

Post by WmBainbridge »

Correct about it not being a good idea to discuss specifics of a restricted text on the Internet. But it's also important to recognize that Rinpoche teaches Dzogchen as containing the essence of the entire Buddhadharma, so he teaches from all three vehicles. The ideas referred to above come from the Hinayana. The other vehicles open up different, less restrictive ways of practicing, but each vehicle has important things to teach. When Rinpoche teaches Hinayana, he doesn't ask people to practice it in a rigid, fundamentalist way, but he does expect us to try to understand why it teaches in the way it does, and what the essence of its practices is.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

No public discussions of restricted texts people. Use emails and Private Messages instead please.

Topic locked.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Return to “Dzogchen”