Greece

Anything goes (almost).

Greece

Postby Clarence » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:52 pm

There are some members of my family who want to visit Greece at Christmas time. I know there are two moderators here from Greece, maybe even more people.

Do you have any suggestions, advice or other comments? Will be the weather be good enough in December/January? What would be a nice place/island? Is it easy to get around there? Are there many English speakers?

Many thanks,
Clarence

Greece

Postby GrahamR » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:13 am

Clarence wrote:There are some members of my family who want to visit Greece at Christmas time. I know there are two moderators here from Greece, maybe even more people.

Do you have any suggestions, advice or other comments? Will be the weather be good enough in December/January? What would be a nice place/island? Is it easy to get around there? Are there many English speakers?

Many thanks,

Depends were you go. I've driven across the north of Greece at that time of year and there was snow all the way.

I went from Idomeneo on the west coast to Alexandropolis in the east.

The south will be better. Avoid the mountains

Graham
GrahamR

Re: Greece

Postby kirtu » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:26 pm

Clarence wrote:Do you have any suggestions, advice or other comments? Will be the weather be good enough in December/January? What would be a nice place/island? Is it easy to get around there? Are there many English speakers?

Based solely on my one visit in 1983, Crete is a perfect place. The weather in December/January is likely to be warm (unless you are from the Australian Outback in which case it might strike you as cool). Crete had a fair number of English speakers back then, probably far more percentagewise now. It was the center of Minoan civilization and you can visit the palace of Konosos.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
kirtu
Former staff member

Re: Greece

Postby Clarence » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:11 pm

Thanks guys. That is helpful!
Clarence

Return to Lounge