Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Hi

Postby flavio81 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:34 am

I just joined the forum, i'm a (rather lazy) member of the Peruvian Dzogchen Community, Norbuling. I hope you enjoyed watching the last retreat in Lima. There, we pulled out all stops to celebrate the 20th year of the peruvian DC. This included some DC members dancing to tibetan folk songs for Rimpoche. Our precious master, with his kind and pure heart, was visible moved by this.

Long life to the master !!

PS: I took many pictures (i'm a photographer.) I don't know if it's OK to open a new topic to post them?
If this is a virtual sangha, do we achieve virtualization instead of realization?
flavio81

Re: Hi

Postby Adamantine » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:09 am

flavio81 wrote:
PS: I took many pictures (i'm a photographer.) I don't know if it's OK to open a new topic to post them?

Sure, why not?
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Adamantine
Former staff member

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Postby T. Chokyi » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:04 pm

Kunsangar North Retreat

28 June – 05 July 2013

Green Tara practice according to the methods of Outer Tantras combined with Anuyoga and it’s Ngang Gom instruction
OPEN WEBCAST, Timezone : Russia GMT+4

Retreat's schedule:
28 Jun 17:00h-19:00h
29 Jun 10:00h-12:00h
30 Jun 10:00h-12:00h
1 Jul 10:00h-12:00h
2 Jul 10:00h-12:00h, 12:30 Ganapuja
3 Jul 10:00h-12:00h
4 Jul 10:00h-12:00h, 17:00 Ganapuja, 18:00 auction
5 Jul 10:00h-12:00h

In the Webcast Site http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast You will find updated SCHEDULE and information.
T. Chokyi

Postby T. Chokyi » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:55 pm

Updated Information for Kunsangar North Retreat

28 June – 05 July 2013

Green Tara practice according to the methods of Outer Tantras combined with Anuyoga and it’s Ngang Gom instruction
OPEN WEBCAST, Timezone : Russia GMT+4
Retreat's schedule:

28 Jun 17:00h-19:00h Introduction about this retreat teachings

29 Jun 10:00h-12:00h Instruction about the Green Tara of Adzom Drugpa Rinpoche's Terma

30 Jun 10:00h-12:00h Instruction and practice according to the Ngang-gom of Kriya & Ubhaya Tantra system

1 Jul 10:00h-12:00h Instruction and practice according to the Ngang-gom of Yoga Tantra system

2 Jul 10:00h-12:00h Instruction and practice according to the Maha Yoga Inner Tantra system

2 Jul 16:30h-17:30h Ganapuja for the day of Dakini

3 Jul 10:00h-12:00h Instruction and practice according to the Ngang-gom of Anu Yoga Tantra system

4 Jul 10:00h-12:00h General instructions for the practice of Green Tara

4 Jul 16:30-20:30 Ganapuja for the end of this retreat and all other activities

5 Jul 10:00h-12:00h Advices for daily life practice and all Tridlung of secondary practices. We finish the teaching retreat with a practice of Ati Guru with dedications
T. Chokyi

Postby oldbob » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:13 pm

Auction of wonderful Dharma items going on now on webcast site. You can bid, via Skype, from anywhere.

Tibetan singing and Tibetan dance - to follow. :applause:
oldbob

Postby Lhasa » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:40 pm

One thing might be useful. Rinpoche does not have a secretary or personal assistant to help him with his writings, proofread etc.
I was amazed when he shared that. Why doesn't he have a back-up computer so texts don't get lost? Why isn't there an assistant in place to help him? When Rinpoche returns the money from the retreat to the gar, someone should hand it back and tell him it's for his new secretary. How much more could he do if he had good consistent help? And why is it necessary to even point this out??
Lhasa

Postby Dronma » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:53 pm

treehuggingoctopus wrote:I really wish we had some space to freely talk about these and other things with other DC people.

There is a web space exclusively for DC practitioners: Dzogchen Blog.
http://dzogchenworld.ning.com/
For some reasons, people do not present their ideas and arguments there... :shrug:
"My view is as vast as the sky, but my actions are finer than flour"
~ Padmasambhava ~
Dronma

Postby muni » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:28 am

Is a donation box possible while no open gate for all is already available? Can be maybe here or everywhere. The friend of the e-mail can he try to open pay pall like I saw here few weeks ago? I hope he is looking here and I wish from core of being: may you and all be able to recieve the blessings, to recieve the guidance.

May no suffering beings be. But Compassion with big C.

:group:
muni

Postby flavio81 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:34 am

muni wrote:Is a donation box possible while no open gate for all is already available?

Yes, there is a way to pay a higher-cost membership that would effectively donate money to the DC.Those are the DC memberships called "Sustaining membership" and "Meritorious membership". You can also donate directly to some DC gars, even online (for example Tsegyalgar allows for online donation.)
flavio81

Postby alpha » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:19 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Sönam wrote:
Thanks for infos but ... fly from paris was about 350 euros (2 ways). Then when you add all costs (even if you found cheap hotel ... still, 15 euros seems quite underestimate -what I've seen is more than 40euros/night, which is quite low for Europa) it ended with quite a lot of money (for my budget). But, i'll try again next time ... if ever.

Sönam

Lots of people live in their cars on the shore side in playa pqraiso. You can drive down, take the ferry, and stay for months in your car.

Will there be a thogal retreat this year ?
AOM
alpha

Postby kirtu » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:09 am

I have removed the recent postings that have proven contentious. It is clear that discussion of money issues will become contentious and I will personally remove any such postings over the next 24 hours. Some further clean-up may also be necessary.

Please let the currently contentious issues rest and discuss Dharma.
:focus:

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
kirtu
Former staff member

Postby Dorje Shedrub » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:50 am

Does the DC community have any recommendations on where to get a reliable and affordable chod damaru?.
Dorje Shedrub

Postby kirtu » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:41 pm

Dorje Shedrub wrote:Does the DC community have any recommendations on where to get a reliable and affordable chod damaru?.

treehuggingoctopus has suggested that you look here: http://shop.dzam.org/index.php?route=pr ... ame=damaru

One final time: Issues dealing with money or structure or power in the Dzogchen Community are external to the scope of this thread and will be removed.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
kirtu
Former staff member

Postby treehuggingoctopus » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:11 pm

kirtu wrote:
Dorje Shedrub wrote:Does the DC community have any recommendations on where to get a reliable and affordable chod damaru?.

treehuggingoctopus has suggested that you look here: http://shop.dzam.org/index.php?route=pr ... ame=damaru

The Chod damaru there is out of stock.

Malcolm recommended these damarus some time ago:

http://www.damaruworks.com/damaru

They certainly aren't cheap, but they are astoundingly beautiful, durable for sure - and sound fantastic (a musician friend of mine tells me). You probably won't find anything more reliable anywhere in the world.
. . . there they saw a rock! But it wasn't a rock . . .
treehuggingoctopus

Postby T. Chokyi » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:25 pm

http://www.tibetantreasures.com/Chod_Drums_and_Kanglings-Chod_Drum.html

I phoned when I bought one and they offered a 10% discount. The tail and the case is
also included. I have had no problems with any of the orders I've placed with Tibetan Treasures.
T. Chokyi

Postby Bhusuku » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:56 pm

treehuggingoctopus wrote:http://www.damaruworks.com/damaru

can anybody enlighten me what "highly secret ’35 Dakini Blood" means?
Bhusuku

Postby Dronma » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:43 pm

kirtu wrote:One final time: Issues dealing with money or structure or power in the Dzogchen Community are external to the scope of this thread and will be removed.

Kirt

A wise decision.
Thank you. :namaste:
~ Padmasambhava ~
Dronma

Postby Dorje Shedrub » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:55 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Ive found various places but don't know if they are made correctly according to tantra, or even if that is a concern in the DC.
Dorje Shedrub

Postby Dronma » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:06 am

Dorje Shedrub wrote:Thanks for the suggestions. Ive found various places but don't know if they are made correctly according to tantra, or even if that is a concern in the DC.

I never heard special suggestions in the DC until now.
A damaru is just a damaru. A vajra and bell is just a vajra and bell.
Of course, there are always better qualities, and not so good qualities of all these instruments.
It depends on your budget.

But this is not the main point in Dzogchen. You can even do any practice without any instrument.
~ Padmasambhava ~
Dronma

Postby Sönam » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:46 pm

nevertheless, I've heard Rinpoché saying once that a good sound for the bell was important ... but of course never sooo important.

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Sönam

PreviousNext

Return to Dzogchen