Gasland

Discuss the application of the Dharma to situations of social, political, environmental and economic suffering and injustice.
BFS

Gasland

Post by BFS »

phpBB [video]

Take action here:

http://www.gaslandthemovie.com/
BFS

Re: Gasland

Post by BFS »

phpBB [video]

Some ways to take action here:

http://www.gaslandthemovie.com/
BFS

Post by BFS »

Josh Fox has responded to every claim in "Debunking Gasland" put forth by Energy In Depth - the PR firm/lobbying group funded by the American Petroleum Institute. Please see link below and help us keep fighting the good fight.

http://www.damascuscitizens.org/Affirming-GASLAND.pdf
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

I've wanted to see this...I'm gonna watch it this weekend.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
BFS

Post by BFS »

Be interested to know what you think after you have seen it, Mr. G.
Terrible, the damage this is doing, and the worst is, it is unnecessary. They don't have to drill like this to get to the gas.

An interview with Josh Fox on PBS:

http://www.pbs.org/now/shows/613/index.html
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Without seeing it, I am going to waver that the theme of the movie revolves around politicians who have whored themselves out to corporate lobbyists, and in turn, human life is once again treated like a commodity in the cost/benefit analysis of the American Dream.

I can't wait to be depressed. :(

I'm think I'm going to live in one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ENIhmDskmY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D

Great documentary too, "Garbage Warrior".
  • How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
BFS

Post by BFS »

Awesome!

I hadn't seen that one, thanks!

A friend forwarded this one to me a few weeks ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9JkPk0CIo4
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

I just finished watching "Gasland". It's an amazing movie that everyone should see. I've written my representatives here in NY as well. Hopefully, our politicians will do the right thing.
  • How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
BFS

Post by BFS »

mr. gordo wrote:I just finished watching "Gasland". It's an amazing movie that everyone should see. I've written my representatives here in NY as well. Hopefully, our politicians will do the right thing.
:twothumbsup:
BFS

Post by BFS »

URGENT! Please reach out RIGHT NOW to tell Speaker Pelosi and Majority Leader Hoyer NOT to strip the fracking disclosure provision out of the oil spill response bill! It would mandate disclosure of fracking chemicals for natural gas drilling wells on federal lands – a big first step forward to protect communities. For Speaker Pelosi, call 202-225-0100 For Majority Leader Hoyer, call 202-225-3130

Thanks!
Roland

Post by Roland »

I'm very glad this documentary was released. I find it "funny" that the IPAA funded a movie called "Truthland" :stirthepot: in retaliation to "Gasland". "Truthland" is so obviously a propanganda :spy: film; a weak attempt at an attack on the creator of "Gasland". Then, Josh Fox released a movie debunking "Truthland" called "The Sky is Pink". I recommend checking out that movie as well.

I've also read that "Gasland II" is coming out on July 8th.

:applause:

The gas and oil industry is slacking on their reactionary movies. Only one 34 minute video and it doesn't really have any strong points? Versus, now 3 documentaries and a debunking webpage? Must have run out of ideas... :oops: :crazy:
"Seek truth in meditation, not moldy books. Look in the sky to find the moon, not in the pond."
- Persian proverb
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Roland, I think you'll find that they don't need to bother. You see we are in the last 10 seconds of the final round and they are still pounding the crap out of us. The bell is about to ring and the result is clear: petrochemical industry vs lowly plebian losers unanimous 10-0 decision for every round.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

gregkavarnos wrote:Roland, I think you'll find that they don't need to bother. You see we are in the last 10 seconds of the final round and they are still pounding the crap out of us. The bell is about to ring and the result is clear: petrochemical industry vs lowly plebian losers unanimous 10-0 decision for every round.
Gasland is one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. People here in Australia are learning from the experience of the US and have been pushing back from a much earlier stage in the CSG extraction programme, slowing it down and creating a lot of bad publicity for companies involved. And we may only have to push back for a few more years, since all new fossil-fuel extraction is quickly becoming problematic in the light of climate change.
To change metaphors, it ain't over until the fat lady sings.

:jedi:
Kim

Return to “Engaged Buddhism”