Mantra use + Special visualization in my dream.

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

Re: Mantra use + Special visualization in my dream.

Postby Will » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:31 am

Excellent vinodh, I thank you.

She who destroys untimely death and causes protection [from that which would harm one.]
One should refrain from biased judgments and doubting in fathoming the Buddha and the Dharma of the Buddhas. Even though a dharma may be extremely difficult to believe, one should nonetheless maintain faith in it. Nagarjuna
Will

Postby Will » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:20 am

My transcription of mantra 108 was not correct:

Mantra: 108 NING JYE LI

Verse:
Most supreme, Performing Dharma,
the Vajra Heart,
Wheel-turning Honored One
in the Northern Accomplishment Division.
Wisdom and proper samadhi
take precepts as their root.
With great perfect enlightenment,
one is revered by people and gods.

Commentary:
NING means "most supreme." JYE LI means "doing of Dharma." Most supreme, Performing Dharma,
the Vajra Heart. In this secret mantra, this is the Vajra Heart Mantra. Wheel-turning Honored One
in the Northern Accomplishment Division. JYE LI also means "Wheel-turning Heart Mantra," and belongs to
the Northern Division of Accomplishment Buddha. Wisdom and proper samadhi
take precepts as their root. In cultivation, you gain great wisdom because you have proper samadhi.
Great wisdom and proper samadhi come from keeping the precepts. Precepts are the root source.
If you don't keep precepts, you won't have samadhi or wisdom. Precepts are the basic foundation.
With great perfect enlightenment, one is revered by people and gods. You can become a Buddha with great and
perfect enlightenment, at which time the gods and humans will all pay respect to you.
One should refrain from biased judgments and doubting in fathoming the Buddha and the Dharma of the Buddhas. Even though a dharma may be extremely difficult to believe, one should nonetheless maintain faith in it. Nagarjuna
Will

Postby remm » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:27 am

Will wrote:Now line 107:

Mantra: 107. Bwo Li Dan La Ye

Verse: The As-You-Will pearl is wonderful and inconceivable. In the Southern Division of Transformation Birth, it bestows
fearlessness. When the Heart Mantra is received and upheld, things reveal their
original shape. Li Mei and Wang Liang are drawn by its magnetic power.

Commentary:
The As-You-Will pearl is wonderful and inconceivable. This is the Wonderful Jewel Heart Mantra, which is like the inconceivable As-You-Will precious pearl. In the Southern Division of Transformation Birth, it bestows fearlessness. The south is the Production of Jewels Division where there are inconceivable transformations and the giving of fearlessness. With the As-You-Will pearl, one universally gives to all living beings so they obtain all the jewel treasuries.
When the Heart Mantra is received and upheld, things reveal their original shape. If you recite the Five Great Heart Mantras, no matter how fierce the goblins or demons, they must appear in their original form so that you can know them for what they are.
Li Mei and Wang Liang are drawn by its magnetic power. Whether it is a Li Mei, a Wang Liang, or any other weird creature, as soon as you recite the Mantra, it's stuck--like being stuck to a magnet. Such creatures can't undergo their transformations anymore. This Mantra is hard to meet in a hundred, thousand, ten thousand eons.

Only Sincerity Obtains a Response:

In cultivating all Dharma doors one must be sincere. It is said:
Be clear and pure in body and mind; fast, maintain morality and cleanse the body.

You should eradicate all false thinking as you cultivate Dharma doors. Then you can obtain a response with the Way, like an echo following a sound. That is called "having a response." If you aren't sincere, no matter how efficacious the Mantra is, it won't work.
So we say:
When the mind is sincere, then it's efficacious. If your mind is not sincere, it isn't magical.

What is sincerity? It means having no doubts and instead having true faith in the inconceivable power of the Mantra--faith that its power will never fail. If you can be truly sincere, then your cultivation will succeed. Sometimes people may cultivate for a long time and get no response. Then they may start to think, "Is the Buddhadharma not efficacious? What's going on? I'm not getting a response. "It's not that the Mantra is not efficacious. You are not succeeding because you are not sincere. You are merely bumbling your way through it, going through the motions. You are cheating on materials- -gold bricking--following the crowd. You have not brought forth true sincerity. So those who recite the Shurangama Mantra must be sincere and have true faith.

Where did you find this? Do you have the shurangama mantra with Shr Fu's commentaries? :good:
remm

Postby Will » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:33 pm

remm, Vajra Bodhi Sea, as I mentioned in this thread. Staring with issue 243 you will find the comments. See this thread for the URL for VBS online:

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=5578&p=97125&hilit=vajra+bodhi+sea#p97125
Will

Postby remm » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:50 am

Will wrote:remm, Vajra Bodhi Sea, as I mentioned in this thread. Staring with issue 243 you will find the comments. See this thread for the URL for VBS online:

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=5578&p=97125&hilit=vajra+bodhi+sea#p97125

Oh yeah, that's right VBS has commentaries on the shurangama. Duh! :toilet:
remm

Previous

Return to Personal Experience