Needing A Lama

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
Mikeliegler

Needing A Lama

Post by Mikeliegler »

I want to follow Yungdrung Bön in the lineage of Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche and Lopon Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche. How do I go about that? Can I do this over the webcast? :shrug:
justsit

Re: Needing A Lama

Post by justsit »

if you contact Tenzin Wangyal's organization, Ligmincha, they will be happy to assist you.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

http://www.ligmincha.org/en/contact-us.html

This is the contact page on their website. If you want to write to Tenzin Rinpoche directly, just put his name in the subject line and they will forward it to him.
Mikeliegler

Post by Mikeliegler »

Thank you all very much I'm very grateful and blessed to have everyone here to ask for help. What a gift. I did as you have suggested and sent Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche a message in the contact us link at Ligmincha. :namaste:
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

:twothumbsup: :namaste:
kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Mikeliegler wrote:I want to follow Yungdrung Bön in the lineage of Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche and Lopon Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche. How do I go about that? Can I do this over the webcast? :shrug:

Tashi delek M,

In case you want the best teachings in Bön, then go to the base or head monastery Tashi Menri Monastery in Solan / Dolanji / India
where our His Holines the 33rd Trizin Rinpoche is residing.
Here there is also a special constructed Yoga temple for westerns and a Guesthouse where one can stay for about 10 dollar for 1 night.

Second best option would be:
Triten Norbutse Monastery / Kathmandu / Nepal
http://www.triten.org/TR/

Here you would get the best available teachings in the world of Bön and the prices are very moderate here......
Think about your wallet before you go to somewhere :crying:

Mutsug Marro
Kalden Yungdrung
The best meditation is no meditation
Mikeliegler

Post by Mikeliegler »

Tashi delek M,

Thank you for that gem. It's a dream of mine to travel to India and study in a Bon monastery. Unfortunately I am financially embarrassed at the moment and my present health would prohibit my going.

I have written to Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche and ask him if he would teach me and he wrote back and gave me his blessings to follow him online with his teachings. It's a start for me. I also have Chögyal Namkhai Norbu and Merigar West as well while I wait for a master to come to Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

:anjali:

Mike
Lingpupa

Post by Lingpupa »

Mikeliegler wrote:Tashi delek M,
... while I wait for a master to come to Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Mike
I do appreciate that you have certain difficulties, and you have my sympathy for them, of course. But to use the old expression: don't hold your breath.

You never know your luck - the Lama might turn up giving teachings in the room above the restaurant on the corner of your block. But betting on it would be a tad foolish.

Good luck in any event!
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

One of the requisites for practice is the presence of the necessities of life; food, shelter and the like. I foresee an entire class of practitioner that gets serious only in retirement, and a second subclass of expatriates retiring in India, Thailand and the like. It's a lot cheaper to retire in India!
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Mikeliegler

Post by Mikeliegler »

smcj wrote:One of the requisites for practice is the presence of the necessities of life; food, shelter and the like. I foresee an entire class of practitioner that gets serious only in retirement, and a second subclass of expatriates retiring in India, Thailand and the like. It's a lot cheaper to retire in India!
smcj

Now that's a thought! I wonder if they will send my disability check to India?

:smile:

Mike
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

Mikeliegler wrote:
smcj wrote:One of the requisites for practice is the presence of the necessities of life; food, shelter and the like. I foresee an entire class of practitioner that gets serious only in retirement, and a second subclass of expatriates retiring in India, Thailand and the like. It's a lot cheaper to retire in India!
smcj

Now that's a thought! I wonder if they will send my disability check to India?
Mike
Two words: Direct deposit. Retirees do it all the time with pension checks.

If you're permanently disabled its one thing. If its temporary they probably wouldn't like the idea that you're not going back to work.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)

Return to “Bön”