Hello

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
M.G.

Hello

Post by M.G. »

Should have posted this a few days ago.

My name's M.G.; I've been a sometime lurker on this board for years, and posted once or twice, back when this was e-sangha. I am consistently impressed by the knowedge displayed by many of the long-time posters on this board.

I was raised by secular parents in the exotic suburbs of Northern New Jersey, and for whatever reason was drawn to the imagery of Buddhism even when I was quite young.

I've done formal practice with Zen and Thai teachers, but my main Buddhist practices were taught to me by the great Chogyal Namkhai Norbu.
kirtu
Former staff member

Re: Hello

Post by kirtu »

Welcome M.G.!

:anjali:

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
lobster

Post by lobster »

:twothumbsup: Thanks for de-lurking :twothumbsup:
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Hi, M.G. :hi:
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel M.G.

I am looking forward to your next "suprise" topic title.

:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
M.G.

Post by M.G. »

gregkavarnos wrote:Welcome to Dharma Wheel M.G.

I am looking forward to your next "suprise" topic title.

:namaste:

I'll be a good boy from now on.

Heh.

:D
M.G.

Post by M.G. »

Since this is my formal introduction, I should also mention that I am at present a post-Buddhist.
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

M.G. wrote:Since this is my formal introduction, I should also mention that I am at present a post-Buddhist.
Meaning what? At one time you were pre-Buddhist; at that time what were you? Now you are a Mormon, Scientologist, or what?
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
M.G.

Post by M.G. »

Will wrote:
M.G. wrote:Since this is my formal introduction, I should also mention that I am at present a post-Buddhist.
Meaning what? At one time you were pre-Buddhist; at that time what were you? Now you are a Mormon, Scientologist, or what?

I don't really identify as anything now, but Buddhism and the dharma have played large roles in shaping who I am.
Before I took refuge I vaguely identified as an agnostic.
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

M.G. wrote:
Will wrote:

I don't really identify as anything now, but Buddhism and the dharma have played large roles in shaping who I am.
Mystery-mongering is unattractive (to me anyway). So welcome to Dharma Wheel and Fare Thee Well.
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
M.G.

Post by M.G. »

Hope I cleared up any mysteries. Happy to share personal info relevant to the dharma.
flavio81

Post by flavio81 »

M.G. wrote:Should have posted this a few days ago.

My name's M.G.; I've been a sometime lurker on this board for years, and posted once or twice, back when this was e-sangha. I am consistently impressed by the knowedge displayed by many of the long-time posters on this board.

I was raised by secular parents in the exotic suburbs of Northern New Jersey, and for whatever reason was drawn to the imagery of Buddhism even when I was quite young.

I've done formal practice with Zen and Thai teachers, but my main Buddhist practices were taught to me by the great Chogyal Namkhai Norbu.
Hello!! I just joined as well! I was also on the esangha board (RIP) and i'm also fortunate to know the incomparable ChNN. Welcome back then!
flavio81

Post by flavio81 »

M.G. wrote:
Will wrote:

Perhaps you identify yourself more as a Dzogchen-teachings practitioner than a buddhist? I can relate to that feeling somewhat: I very rarely tell other people i'm a buddhist, unless i see they're somewhat interested in the topic. And i never tell anyone (outside tibetan buddhism) that i received Dzogchen teachings. And if they're in Theravada buddhism, it's better not to even mention i am a Mahayanist !! :spy:
M.G.

Post by M.G. »

Hello flavio81.

In terms of your analysis, I'd say that I identify as a post-Dzogchenpo.
Son of Buddha

Post by Son of Buddha »

M.G. wrote:Hello flavio81.

eh don't worry about it were all a post something, I'm a post christian youth minister.
we have all left something we deemed unbeneficial behind for something else that works for us.
M.G.

Post by M.G. »

I'm all in favor of being post-concerned about labels!
flavio81

Post by flavio81 »

Son of Buddha wrote:
M.G. wrote:Hello flavio81.

eh don't worry about it were all a post something, I'm a post christian youth minister.
we have all left something we deemed unbeneficial behind for something else that works for us.
I'm a Post-it-note.
:tongue:
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

I'm post being post. Being post is so post!!!
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
M.G.

Post by M.G. »

What's the difference between a turtle and post office work?
The turtle moves.

....now back to our regularly scheduled Dharma conversations. :smile:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:reading:

Return to “Introductions”