It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:12 am 

Link

Your thoughts please... :thanks:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:40 am 

I think the last time I commented on something like this the initiator of the post deleted it :smile:

So I reply but at hazard.

HHDL is fond of stateing religions are a smorgasboard, What is suited for one is not for another.

I am fond of stating at a smorgasboard one may find ones choice of foods if entirely indulged without any nutritional foundation in knowing what is good for one and bad for one----cheesecake to exclusion)....will result in illness and much suffering.

All religions are simply not for equal benefit or cause. Some shaministic religions of Nigeria at the present time consider the skins of albino peoples can be made into charms which bring good fortune, This has the result of albinos in those parts of africa living in fear for their lives and afraid to even venture out of their houses. Many have been convicted of this offense and consequent murder.

So was responded....well only large religions is meant.
So I responded....what of the religions destroyed by colonialism such as the Inca and Aztec religion...since they are no longer large due to that cause should we not include them?

WEll I think it was then deleted.

Yes he is correct it is a smorgasboard, what is suited for one is not another. All equal in all fashions...that is a misread on what he intends to my read. He means in very general terms...all religions without exception are indeed intended to bring their followers to happiness. To compassion.....well that depends. All state compassion but to the albino skin hunters compassion is compassion to their families they by such posession they will be able to better provide for. So...it depends.

To correct myself....I checked the post in which I mention the albinos is still there. Another post I mentioned conflicting opinion on appears not. To clarify........ the Initial poster deleted the content of his post so my post remained but just addressing nothing...which I thought was very cute. That one now appears gone.
:smile:

"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:17 am 

For the sake of peace and harmony in society, one has to emphasize similarities in various religions.
For the sake of one's wisdom and intellectual honesty, one has to seek out and understand the differences.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:31 pm 

Sherab wrote:
For the sake of peace and harmony in society, one has to emphasize similarities in various religions.
For the sake of one's wisdom and intellectual honesty, one has to seek out and understand the differences.

:bow:

Quote:
His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "While pointing out the fundamental similarities between world religions, I do not advocate one particular religion at the expense of all others, nor do I seek a new 'world religion.'

We cannot hide the doctrinal differences that exist among various faiths, nor can we hope to replace the existing religions by a new universal belief. Each religion has its own distinctive contributions to make, and each in its own way is suitable to a particular group of people as they understand life."

http://www.fpmt.org/teachings/hhdlworldpeace2.php

Quote:
His Holiness the Dalai Lama ‎" I want to emphasise that it is extremely important for practitioners to sincerely believe in their respective religions.
Usually, I say that it is very important to distinguish between "belief in one religion" and "belief in many religions". The former directly contradicts the latter. Therefore, we should resolutely resolve these contradictions. This is possible only by thinking in contextual terms. A contradiction in one context might not be the same in the other. In the context of one person, a single truth is closely associated with a single source of refuge. This is of extreme necessity. However, in the context of society or more than one person it is necessary to have different sources of refuge, religions and truths."

http://www.dalailama.com/messages/religious-harmony

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:49 am 

Sherab wrote:

:twothumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:59 pm 

Sherab wrote:

:good:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:40 am 

I was thinking, how can religion itself be wrong?

How can we discriminate ( religion and whatever) in correct way, so not by preferences through own limitations, obscured qualities?

Example, I listened to a debate by Koran: Islam is called the religion of Love. Each is creation of Allah's pure mind. Discrimination in gender is not born in Koran but it was so in that time.

Indeed! Dalai Lama knows what he says. To show right action, right speech, right mind toward all is the example to follow. Not just to keep all happy, discrimination through wisdom as well.

Don't clean the mirror but own face. Bokar Rinpoche

Last edited by muni on Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:30 pm 

muni wrote:
Indeed! Dalai Lama knows what he says. To show right action, right speech, right mind toward all is the example to follow.

If you would add "right view" to the list then you could answer this question:

muni wrote:

Kind regards

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:31 pm 

TMingyur wrote:
muni wrote:
Indeed! Dalai Lama knows what he says. To show right action, right speech, right mind toward all is the example to follow.

If you would add "right view" to the list then you could answer this question:

muni wrote:

Kind regards

Right speech, right action right mind... through wrong view. Discriminating wisdom.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:39 pm 

muni wrote:
Right speech, right action right mind... through wrong view. Discriminating wisdom.

Cannot decide how to understand the meaning of your statement. However - for the sake of being clear myself (or at least trying to be so) - discriminating wisdom is based on right view.

Kind regards

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:01 pm 

Whether an approach to all like "other religion" through the veils of discriminating obscurations, or through discriminating wisdom and so right body speech and mind.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:46 pm 

muni wrote:
Whether an approach to all like "other religion" through the veils of discriminating obscurations, or through discriminating wisdom and so right body speech and mind.

Since I don't understand your English I don't understand the meaning of your words.

Again: Discerning wisdom is based on right view. Right view has been taught by the Buddha. Hopefully we can agree on this.

Even if other religion do advocate wrong views which one may be able to discern if one has take refuge to the three juwels that of course does not exclude the followers of these religion from compassion. So the focus of discerning wisdom is the view not sentient beings.

Kind regards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:51 am 

muni wrote:

How can we discriminate ( religion and whatever) in correct way, so not by preferences through own limitations, obscured qualities?

Example, I listened to a debate by Koran: Islam is called the religion of Love. Each is creation of Allah's pure mind. Discrimination in gender is not born in Koran but it was so in that time.

Indeed! Dalai Lama knows what he says. To show right action, right speech, right mind toward all is the example to follow. Not just to keep all happy, *discrimination through wisdom* as well.

Don't clean the mirror but own face. Bokar Rinpoche

I added some *stars*.

The source of all clevernesses is what is separating us.
In that way many right views are available. Therefore I don't use this expression even they are in the most holy text.

You don't understand my use of English. Well then, lets' continue our interesting talk.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:17 am 

muni wrote:
In that way many right views are available. Therefore I don't use this expression even they are in the most holy text.

"Cleverness" is not taught by the Buddha to be practiced.

Quote:
"One tries to abandon wrong view & to enter into right view: This is one's right effort. One is mindful to abandon wrong view & to enter & remain in right view: This is one's right mindfulness. Thus these three qualities — right view, right effort, & right mindfulness — run & circle around right view.
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .than.html

Kind regards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:25 am 

TMingyur wrote:
muni wrote:

"Cleverness" is not taught by the Buddha to be practiced.

Quote:
"One tries to abandon wrong view & to enter into right view: This is one's right effort. One is mindful to abandon wrong view & to enter & remain in right view: This is one's right mindfulness. Thus these three qualities — right view, right effort, & right mindfulness — run & circle around right view.
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .than.html

Kind regards

Completely agree here. The source of all clevernesses is the start bottom "I" for all interactive games in delusion.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:45 am 

muni wrote:
The source of all clevernesses is the start bottom "I" for all interactive games in delusion.

"Interaction" depends on "re-action". When there is no "re-action" there is no "interaction".
Similar in the case of "I": The one that "re-acts" re-acts depending on other['s activity]. When there is "other" then there is the "I" and vice versa.

Kind regards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:00 am 

TMingyur wrote:
muni wrote:
The source of all clevernesses is the start bottom "I" for all interactive games in delusion.

"Interaction" depends on "re-action". When there is no "re-action" there is no "interaction".
Similar in the case of "I": The one that "re-acts" re-acts depending on other['s activity]. When there is "other" then there is the "I" and vice versa.

Kind regards

To see duality in interaction, no need to remain just passive in a kind of peace on the surface. One can remain aware of minds' manifestations.

Was so thinking, all other religions are empty experiences (or in interdependency with own mind appearing.), then one see how eventually obscurations "toward" seems to arise and how we are freed of them. Other-I collapse. Then compassion can be. When we don't, we can of course throw a bomb toward "what appears" through these "own" experiences.

Therefore Bokar Rinpoche said not to clean what appear in mirror of our being but to clean own face.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:52 am 
Former staff member

Warning: do not underestimate Muni. Behind the difficult English is a mind of some attainment, if I am not mistaken.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:07 pm 

When one grain of sand is broken in a million of particles, there will in no any of them an inherent substance one be discovered. In no any "substance" is our nature like it is to find, even we cut the millions in more pieces and classify them by preferences.

When small, I did so with stones. Some were students, other teachers, child, mom, horse, stupid, good and wrong and so on. Like that people classify own preferences; religion, views and others, so and so. All just game as all empty sand grains are equal. That I think Dalai Lama is showing.

Attainment? When being thinks to have some attainment is this a simple thought, or sky must attain sky.