Let's Send Greg To His Retreat This Year

Anything goes (almost).

Re: Let's Send Greg To His Retreat This Year

Postby mandala » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:04 pm

gregkavarnos wrote:June 29th to the July 9th so if anybody wants to cause trouble here at Dharma Wheel, without me knowing, that would be the best time to do it! :tongue:

Awesome, I'll pencil in those dates...

:spy:
mandala

Postby shel » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:16 am

gregkavarnos wrote:June 29th to the July 9th so if anybody wants to cause trouble here at Dharma Wheel, without me knowing, that would be the best time to do it! :tongue:

Yay, a whole week of being allowed to post what Gregkavarnos doesn't like (but no one else minds :tongue: ).
shel

Postby Lotus108 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:24 am

Greg, I'm so pleased that you are able to go on your retreat, and that the DW group is just so damned awesome! I also look forward to 10 days of glorious mayhem in your absence!
Lotus108

Postby PorkChop » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:28 am

I was out all weekend at a computer competition thing (defcon capture-the-flag qualifier) and didn't remember about this til today.
Any way I can still kick in some extra spend money?
I don't see you on the page, am I missing something?
PorkChop

Postby Madeliaette » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:22 pm

So glad it worked out - :namaste: Sorry i was awol for a few weeks and missed the post til 'all done' - (if it happens again next year, I will toss in my quarterly royalty payment...)
Madeliaette

Location: Currently in Sussex, England. Formerly in Wollongong, Australia.

Postby dharmagoat » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:52 am

I have been AWOL too for the last couple of weeks, so have been unaware of this project.

I am very pleased to read that Greg got to go to his retreat. I will be sure to take part next next year when I have a few more funds.

Thank you everyone for contributing. It is very heartening to see such goodwill in action over the internet. All the best, Greg.
:anjali:
May all beings be happy
dharmagoat

Postby Sherab Dorje » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:59 pm

Back again! I just wanted to thank everybody once again for all their help. It was an excellent seminar and I came away with a ton of new techniques to torment my "students" with this fall. I also managed to receive instructions for a practice I have been itching to do for some time now and was tutored in the music offerings for my daily dharmapala practice.

Here are some photos from the retreat:

Tsok Offerings

Tsok practice with the gang: Venerable Lama Daphne, Lama Lhundrup/Tilmann, Lama Maria, Kostas (one of the gang that built the original retreat complex 20 years ago) and yours-truly singing up a storm.

Fire chopen for the Riwo Sang Cho practice. I warned them about letting me play with matches!

Torma offerings for the Dharmapalas. I refuse to make tormas since the time my Greek teacher, Lama Giorgos, made me make 100 shal say tormas (in one day) as an offering to Tara. After that torma overdose, I go into immediate aversion mode as soon as I see somebody carrying iced water and butter!

Thank you again to all those that donated, or wanted to donate but could not.
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Lounge