Good Books On The Buddha's

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
Mikeliegler
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:56 am
Which number is larger than 1003 and less than 1005: 1004

Good Books On The Buddha's

Postby Mikeliegler » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:40 am

I want to know more of the teachings of Tonpa Shenrab Miwoche. Can anyone recommend some good books or web sites? I also would like to learn from Gautama Buddha's teachings.

Many Thanks

:namaste:

tingdzin
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:19 am
Which number is larger than 1003 and less than 1005: 1004

Re: Good Books On The Buddha's

Postby tingdzin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:31 pm

You could start with Snellgrove's "The Nine Ways of Bon", which is a book of excerpts from a biography of Tonpa Shenrab.

Mikeliegler
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:56 am
Which number is larger than 1003 and less than 1005: 1004

Re: Good Books On The Buddha's

Postby Mikeliegler » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:10 pm

tingdzin wrote:You could start with Snellgrove's "The Nine Ways of Bon", which is a book of excerpts from a biography of Tonpa Shenrab.


tingdzin

Thank you kindly, I put an order in for the book.

Mike


tingdzin
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:19 am
Which number is larger than 1003 and less than 1005: 1004

Re: Good Books On The Buddha's

Postby tingdzin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:44 am

Mike

The works suggested immediately above are excellent cutting-edge scholarship on the historicity, etc. of Shenrab, but may not be of too much immediate interest if you want to know how Bon has actually operated on the ground in Tibet.

Tingdzin

Bhusuku
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:18 pm
Which number is larger than 1003 and less than 1005: 1006

Re: Good Books On The Buddha's

Postby Bhusuku » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:48 am

heya ting 'dzin... it's true what you're sayin'... the links above are just "information", and so is Snellgrove's book...
BUT...
tingdzin wrote: if you want to know how Bon has actually operated on the ground in Tibet.

...then I can provide only one suggestion: go and try everything you can to meet Yongzin Rinpoche in person...

:namaste:
Attachments
528884_4746865081946_1914124815_n.jpg
528884_4746865081946_1914124815_n.jpg (122.01 KiB) Viewed 1014 times

Mikeliegler
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:56 am
Which number is larger than 1003 and less than 1005: 1004

Re: Good Books On The Buddha's

Postby Mikeliegler » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:09 am

Bhusuku and Tingdzin, Thank you very kindly for your help. I'm very committed to following Bon under Lopon Tenzin Namdak. I have read a few of his books as well as some of Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche books. I'm looking forward to reading "The Nine Ways Of Bon" even more now. I'm still ignorant as to what all Bon lineages there are in the world both inside and outside of Tibet today.

kalden yungdrung
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:40 pm
Which number is larger than 1003 and less than 1005: 6

Re: Good Books On The Buddha's

Postby kalden yungdrung » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:23 pm

Mikeliegler wrote:I want to know more of the teachings of Tonpa Shenrab Miwoche. Can anyone recommend some good books or web sites? I also would like to learn from Gautama Buddha's teachings.

Many Thanks

:namaste:



Tashi delek M,

See below, a lot of interesting books to get more informed about Bön
You could also order books / transcripts from Shenten Dargye Ling / France some books
http://shenten.org/en/publications/english-transcripts
Shenten Dargye Ling is very good and strong connected to Triten Norbutse / Kathmandu, the residence of our dear Rigdzin Lopon Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche

From Shenten are the transcripts available form the Yongdzin Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche and his transcripts do give the best interpretation done about Dzogchen texts. Yongdzin does mean the teacher among the teachers, so he is the best Teacher / Master in Bön..... :)

Below other precious Bön literature :
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=7314

Hope this helps

Mutsug Marro
Kalden Yungdrung
Last edited by kirtu on Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixing missing leading left bracket on initial quote; also removed extra left bracket where not needed (intended?)
THOUGH A MAN BE LEARNED
IF HE DOES NOT APPLY HIS KNOWLEDGE
HE RESEMBLES THE BLIND MAN
WHO WITH A LAMP IN THE HAND CANNOT SEE THE ROAD

milapa
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:28 pm
Which number is larger than 1003 and less than 1005: 1004

Re: Good Books On The Buddha's

Postby milapa » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:53 pm

kalden yungdrung wrote:
Mikeliegler wrote:I want to know more of the teachings of Tonpa Shenrab Miwoche. Can anyone recommend some good books or web sites? I also would like to learn from Gautama Buddha's teachings.

Many Thanks

:namaste:



Tashi delek M,

See below, a lot of interesting books to get more informed about Bön
You could also order books / transcripts from Shenten Dargye Ling / France some books
http://shenten.org/en/publications/english-transcripts
Shenten Dargye Ling is very good and strong connected to Triten Norbutse / Kathmandu, the residence of our dear Rigdzin Lopon Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche

From Shenten are the transcripts available form the Yongdzin Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche and his transcripts do give the best interpretation done about Dzogchen texts. Yongdzin does mean the teacher among the teachers, so he is the best Teacher / Master in Bön..... :)

Below other precious Bön literature :
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=7314

Hope this helps

Mutsug Marro
Kalden Yungdrung



Tashi delek Kalden Youngdrung

I bow my to your sageness.
I know too only a german source for good books. Please look at http://hayagriva.ohost.de/Boen/boen.html.

The other topics are to hot in the moment.

Mutsug Marro
Best wishes

Karl

kalden yungdrung
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:40 pm
Which number is larger than 1003 and less than 1005: 6

Re: Good Books On The Buddha's

Postby kalden yungdrung » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:27 pm

milapa wrote:
kalden yungdrung wrote:
Mikeliegler wrote:I want to know more of the teachings of Tonpa Shenrab Miwoche. Can anyone recommend some good books or web sites? I also would like to learn from Gautama Buddha's teachings.

Many Thanks

:namaste:



[color=#0040FF]Tashi delek M,

See below, a lot of interesting books to get more informed about Bön
You could also order books / transcripts from Shenten Dargye Ling / France some books
http://shenten.org/en/publications/english-transcripts
Shenten Dargye Ling is very good and strong connected to Triten Norbutse / Kathmandu, the residence of our dear Rigdzin Lopon Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche

From Shenten are the transcripts available form the Yongdzin Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche and his transcripts do give the best interpretation done about Dzogchen texts. Yongdzin does mean the teacher among the teachers, so he is the best Teacher / Master in Bön..... :)

Below other precious Bön literature :
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=7314

Hope this helps

Mutsug Marro
Kalden Yungdrung[/color]



Tashi delek Kalden Youngdrung

I bow my to your sageness.
I know too only a german source for good books. Please look at http://hayagriva.ohost.de/Boen/boen.html.

The other topics are to hot in the moment.

Mutsug Marro
Best wishes

Karl




Tashi delek Milapa,


Thanks for your reply.

Also many thanks for the English - German Translations.
It is a precious gift , it will enriches Bön regarding the spreading of Bön in Germany.

I sure will take a look inside those books and make the proof reading, no problem because my German is good enough for that.
Besides that is the meaning allways clear to me.

If i am ready with the proof reading we will publish it :twothumbsup:


Mutsug Marro
KY
THOUGH A MAN BE LEARNED
IF HE DOES NOT APPLY HIS KNOWLEDGE
HE RESEMBLES THE BLIND MAN
WHO WITH A LAMP IN THE HAND CANNOT SEE THE ROAD

lelopa
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:03 pm
Which number is larger than 1003 and less than 1005: 1006
Location: Germany

Re: Good Books On The Buddha's

Postby lelopa » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:12 pm

milapa wrote:Tashi delek Kalden Youngdrung

I bow my to your sageness.
I know too only a german source for good books. Please look at http://hayagriva.ohost.de/Boen/boen.html.

The other topics are to hot in the moment.

Mutsug Marro
Best wishes

Karl


i do not want to offend the translator (especially if it's you)
but in these translations you could find some shortcomings...
so a tiny bit of caution is necessary to read them
quod tibi fieri non vis alteri ne feceris

kalden yungdrung
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:40 pm
Which number is larger than 1003 and less than 1005: 6

Re: Good Books On The Buddha's

Postby kalden yungdrung » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:36 am

lelopa wrote:
milapa wrote:Tashi delek Kalden Youngdrung

I bow my to your sageness.
I know too only a german source for good books. Please look at http://hayagriva.ohost.de/Boen/boen.html.

The other topics are to hot in the moment.

Mutsug Marro
Best wishes

Karl


i do not want to offend the translator (especially if it's you)
but in these translations you could find some shortcomings...
so a tiny bit of caution is necessary to read them



Tashi delek L,

Thanks for your comment / reply.

Yes that is very good possible that in the translations are some mistakes.

I will proof read the translations together with Milapa and correct the mistakes as much as possible of course then we will see if it is ok.
If all is perfected or corrected these shortcomings, then we will publish them our foundation Yungdrung Rignga Ling after getting the permission of Menri as well Triten Norbutse.

Mutsug marro
KY
THOUGH A MAN BE LEARNED
IF HE DOES NOT APPLY HIS KNOWLEDGE
HE RESEMBLES THE BLIND MAN
WHO WITH A LAMP IN THE HAND CANNOT SEE THE ROAD


Return to “Bön”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron