Most recent terma?

dzogchungpa

Most recent terma?

Post by dzogchungpa »

Does anyone knows what the most recent terma is?
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Nilasarasvati
Location: Trāyastriṃśa. Just kidding. What a cool sanksrit word, huh?

Re: Most recent terma?

Post by Nilasarasvati »

I've wondered if DJKR has revealed anything. He swears off anything even remotely related to that, as far as I know.

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche had a wealth of Termas in the Shambala stuff... but I don't know anything specific.

I wonder.
I look forward to hearing any answers to this question.
namoh

Post by namoh »

Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche and Khenpo Jigme Phuntsok RInpoche come to mind.
CrawfordHollow

Post by CrawfordHollow »

What about Kunzang Dechen Lingpa?
ngodrup

Post by ngodrup »

H. H Orgyen Kusum Lingpa and others as well.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

So, are there any that are less than ten years old, say? Are any of these new termas you have mentioned being taught and practiced?
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
yegyal

Post by yegyal »

It would be impossible to say which is the newest, because, unless they're revealed in public, it could be years before the seal of secrecy is lifted by the terton. Nevertheless, neither Jigme Phuntsog, Kusum Lingpa, or many of the other tertons mentioned here that are deceased, would top the list, as there are quite a lot of tertons still active in Kham and Amdo these days. Though, I can't think of anything off hand that is less than ten years old, but that's mostly because anything that fresh would certainly not have been published or made widely available at this early stage. However, there's definitely a lot of recent termas being propagated in the areas I just mentioned.
ngodrup

Post by ngodrup »

I'll tell you how "fresh" it can be.
Kusum Lingpa was giving a wang in Berkeley,
afterward he called his son to start writing.
He was revealing a new terma for the deity
that he had just given empowerment for--
intended for those present.
heart

Post by heart »

dzogchungpa wrote:Does anyone knows what the most recent terma is?
ChNNR Longsal termas is very recent.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

There are terma being revealed all the time. Sometimes these are taught immediately. Often the Terton will practice the new terma in secret for some time until He or She has manifestly accomplished it.

:namaste:
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
MaitriYNOD

Post by MaitriYNOD »

I know H.H. Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche revealed some mind termas that are currently being practiced.
I am a lustful, angry dullard with no power of realization. Do not put anything I say into practice without first confirming it with a qualified teacher.
Kunzang

Post by Kunzang »

heart wrote:

/magnus
Last summer at the Hawaii retreat he said "Some people call them termas, I don't call them termas, I don't know what they are."
Critics slap labels on you and then expect you to talk inside their terms. - Doris Lessing
heart

Post by heart »

Kunzang wrote:
heart wrote:

/magnus
Last summer at the Hawaii retreat he said "Some people call them termas, I don't call them termas, I don't know what they are."
Well, is that what you recall or an exact quote or something you heard someone else say?

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Pero

Post by Pero »

heart wrote:
Kunzang wrote:
heart wrote: ChNNR Longsal termas is very recent.

/magnus
Well, is that what you recall or an exact quote or something you heard someone else say?

/magnus
He did deny being a terton in the past hehe. But I don't know why he's saying that, It's a little funny because if you read the Longsal volumes they sure seems like termas to me and he like a terton (for Mandarava he himself even says it can be considered a gongter and his namkha is a gongter too etc.). Maybe he's being humble or it has to do with the fact that Changchub Dorje and Uncle Khyentse were really incredible tertons. Maybe Longsal is more of a pure vision thing than terma. :shrug:
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

MaitriYNOD wrote:I know H.H. Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche revealed some mind termas that are currently being practiced.
Are you thinking of the Rangjung Peme Nyingtik? I am very interested in that. Is it actually being taught and/or practiced now?
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Yegyal is right. There are many termas being revealed in eastern Tibet. Unfortunately, we hardly hear about them here in the west. There are many great Lamas still in Tibet, doing things the old way, having realized students, and bringing the Dharma to many people. They just don't have the internet. :smile:
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

The question about ChNNR's Longsal material is interesting. I do remember that there was some discussion about whether it should be considered Terma, strictly speaking, but I don't have the expertise to comment on that. Does anyone know?
mutsuk

Post by mutsuk »

ChNNR's Klong-gsal works are styled as "mnal chos", i.e. teachings (chos) discovered during sleep/dream (mnal).
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

OK, thanks.

Return to “Nyingma”