Lama Dawa

Nilasarasvati
Location: Trāyastriṃśa. Just kidding. What a cool sanksrit word, huh?

Lama Dawa

Post by Nilasarasvati »

Sorry to flood the Nyingma board with my own questions...

http://rywiki.tsadra.org/index.php/Lama_Dawa_Gyaltsen

Does anybody know this Lama? He is a teacher of my former teacher but I can't find much info about him. He was a student of Chatral Rinpoche supposedly, but no mention of him exists anywhere.
heart

Re: Lama Dawa

Post by heart »

Nilasarasvati wrote:Sorry to flood the Nyingma board with my own questions...

http://rywiki.tsadra.org/index.php/Lama_Dawa_Gyaltsen

Does anybody know this Lama? He is a teacher of my former teacher but I can't find much info about him. He was a student of Chatral Rinpoche supposedly, but no mention of him exists anywhere.
There are many masters that never taught westerners, or very few westerners, and for this reason no information of them is found on the internet.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Nilasarasvati

Post by Nilasarasvati »

Oh I know he's taught almost no westerners. He gave refuge vows to one of my dearest friends, however, and I know he has potential students on Dharma Wheel. Or at least people who've met him.
yegyal

Post by yegyal »

I know him. He's often called Yolmo Dawa,as he did several long retreats in that area of Nepal. He's quite a character and definitely a student of Chatral Rinpoche and many other illustrious lamas. As a Khenpo friend of mine put it, "he knows how to talk to high lamas, so they like having him around." In other words, he's got the 'gift of gab' and this has endeared him to some of the greatest lamas of the past generation of Tibetan exiles, i.e. Sangye Dorje, Dudjom, Khyentse, Bhomta Khenpo and the list goes on. A lucky guy, indeed.
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

For many years, He was the Dorje Loppon at Chatral Rinpoches gompa in Pharping. He finally got permission to spend more time in retreat. I believe He is currently in the Siliguri/Darjeeling area.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
Nilasarasvati

Post by Nilasarasvati »

Thank you for sharing what you know. I hope I meet him someday. I had a picture of him in my copy of Words of my Perfect Teacher for a long time, and he has this absolutely terrifying expression...nevertheless I felt protected when there was nearly a mutiny at the wilderness program I worked in.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Is there a pic of him somewhere online?
Nilasarasvati

Post by Nilasarasvati »

Can't find one high or low.
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

Return to “Nyingma”