Reborn

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
kuroda

Reborn

Post by kuroda »

One of the things that made me so interested about Buddhism is '' We will become our thoughts '' this let me think so much about life and in this universe nothing vanish,
in my situation I have a lot of thoughts and wishes and I do believe will be real one day maybe in this life which I live now or next,
for me I want to be in a new and better society than I'm right now and so open-minded help all people and reborn again as a pefect guy and know about buddhism again,

My question is,

how should I live exactly to reborn again as that person in my mind because I always afraid from the bad Karma ?
in my life now I'm so comedian and my sense of humor inside me is so high and always make my friends laugh :lol: when I'm with them,
sometimes I make fun on some accent of people or the way they speak or the way they think but I never make fun on people who have imperfection like amputee or disease or something that they born with, Is that still a bad Karma ??

thx so much I really like this site and I hope I can share everything with you guys :namaste:
We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.”
-Buddha
Seishin
Former staff member

Re: Reborn

Post by Seishin »

You have no real control over your next life unless you are enlightened. So practice the Buddhist path NOW rather than worry about the future :twothumbsup:

Gassho,
Seishin
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Seishin has the right idea there.

If you want to avoid trouble in your next time around, avoid hatred, jealousy, pride, greed, and closed-mindedness. Instead, practice kindness, generosity, patience, and so on. That's the place to begin.

The bigger question: how can someone avoid having to be reborn again and again with no choice, no control? For that, you need to cultivate wisdom, and that requires another kind of training.
mandala

Post by mandala »

kuroda wrote:My question is,how should I live exactly to reborn again as that person in my mind because I always afraid from the bad Karma ?
The good thing is that we are constantly changing from moment to moment, so that person in your mind can become a reality - the Buddhist precepts show the way to living an ethical life (being mindful of our actions of body, thoughts and speech) and then you won't have to worry about always creating more bad karma!

Hope this helps.. http://www.thebigview.com/buddhism/precepts.html

:smile:
dude

Post by dude »

Of course it's bad karma if your intention is to humilate or cause others to suffer in any way.
If you're just having fun, not so much.
I'd recommend looking within when any intention arises to do or say anything.
"I will speak in season, not out of season.
"I will speak for his/her benefit, not his/her harm.
"I will speack gentle words, not harsh words."
kuroda

Post by kuroda »

I love each reply of you guys thank you so much I really appreciate it :))

Every while I love Buddhism more and more :heart:
We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.”
-Buddha
kuroda

Post by kuroda »

Jikan wrote:Seishin has the right idea there.

If you want to avoid trouble in your next time around, avoid hatred, jealousy, pride, greed, and closed-mindedness. Instead, practice kindness, generosity, patience, and so on. That's the place to begin.

The bigger question: how can someone avoid having to be reborn again and again with no choice, no control? For that, you need to cultivate wisdom, and that requires another kind of training.
Since I knew Buddhism and I'm doing my best to avoid jealousy, pride, greed, and closed-mindedness. and I become so tolerant and accept my fate because I always
attach what happen to me with my past life
-Buddha
kuroda

Post by kuroda »

dude wrote:Of course it's bad karma if your intention is to humilate or cause others to suffer in any way.
If you're just having fun, not so much.
I'd recommend looking within when any intention arises to do or say anything.
"I will speak in season, not out of season.
"I will speak for his/her benefit, not his/her harm.
"I will speack gentle words, not harsh words."
Exactly just for fun and not cause suffer just jokes with them and they even feel happy with me when I do that :consoling:
-Buddha
lobster

Post by lobster »

kuroda wrote: Every while I love Buddhism more and more :heart:
Sounds like a moment to moment rebirth :heart:

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”