So long, my Dharma web

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Yudron

So long, my Dharma web

Post by Yudron »

Dear Dharma Friends,

I have been participating in on-line Dharma forums for many years, and my connections with some of you go back a decade or more. I have benefitted greatly from feeling a sense of connection with a world-wide community of people who are seriously interested in the BuddhaDharma.

However, I’ve been advised by someone who’s opinion I respect, that making posts on online Dharma forums is no longer appropriate for me. I think he is right. So, except for times when I need to get/give information for something really necessary (like about Dharma texts), my time on DW or any other forum has come to an end. This isn’t one of those situations where someone says goodbye then is back the next month.

I’m sad, but I’ve had a lot of time to think about it, and I do think it is for the best. Participating in forums does inflate both my pride and my judgmental-ness. I do want to apologize for the times that I have most certainly spouted off my opinions about the online conduct of others. I’m sorry. Who am I to think I know what is best for you, or for the Dharma?

I value my connections with ya’ll, and am happy to correspond privately. I’m especially interested in maintaining connections with people who practice and study the Dharma more or less full time. The idea of a small Google hangout group for mutual support comes to mind.

I will keep my account open for private communication.

Sincerely,

Yudron
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Re: So long, my Dharma web

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Sad to see you go, I really benefited from some of the things you've said. Sounds like the right decision though, good luck in the future Yudron!
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
plwk

Post by plwk »

ball-of-string

Post by ball-of-string »

Yudron wrote:I’ve been advised by someone who’s opinion I respect, that making posts on online Dharma forums is no longer appropriate for me.
I would be interested in learning more about the rationale, if it is not too personal. Or maybe you could respond through PM, if you don't want to air your reasons in public...
uan

Post by uan »

Yudron, I've enjoyed your posts and have learned much from you.

Peace on your journey my Dharma friend.

Maitri,

Uan

_/\_
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

Gonna miss having you around.
Take care of yourself!
Thomas Amundsen

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

I'll miss seeing you around, but I understand your concern.

tashi delek
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

CU round Yudron! You'll be missed.
(from the most prideful and judgemental member of DW)
Your friend
Greg
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Aw, that sucks. Just this morning I was thinking where you were since you were supposed to be back end of May. I hope whoever told you this realizes the now we won't benefit from your post anymore, which I can truly say I did.
Anyway, thanks and hope to see you one day at a retreat.
heart

Post by heart »

Well, dear Yudron, I understand exactly what you are getting at. I have considered doing the same many times. However, at times it seems I accidentally benefit someone and also I think I would feel a lot more lonely without my cybersangha. Anyway, thank you for everything! Lets keep in touch!

lots of love
magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
MalaBeads

Post by MalaBeads »

heart wrote:Well, dear Yudron, I understand exactly what you are getting at. I have considered doing the same many times. However, at times it seems I accidentally benefit someone and also I think I would feel a lot more lonely without my cybersangha. Anyway, thank you for everything! Lets keep in touch!

lots of love
magnus
Everything Magnus said.

Except from here.

:heart:
I am well aware of my idiocy. I am also very aware that you too are an idiot. Therein lies our mutuality.
JKhedrup

Post by JKhedrup »

I will miss your posts and perspective Yudron-la, I enjoyed them!
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Fare thee well, friend! I wish you all the best in practice.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Happy Trails, Yudron...I expect we'll see each other around town some day...!! :smile:
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Yudron, if you ever feel, you have overcome "pride & judgementalness", don't hesitate to contribute something in here again. :smile: Thanks.
And until then, maybe this thng has not only a sad side, maybe there can be something fascinating about learning new habits. :twothumbsup:
Anyhow: be well.
Best wishes, Ayu
Punya

Post by Punya »

Dear Yudron. I had also noticed your absence and will miss your posts. I hope our paths will cross beyond the web since we seem to share some of the same teachers. Best wishes, Punya.
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Take care and best wishes, Yudron-la. Hope to run into you at ODD sometime. :)
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

OOOh nooo, just seeing this now.. Well, you will be missed Yudron. At least we had three years to get used to you missing before you came back and hooked us again! But the idea you won't be joining in again. . . ever? That's heavy. However I admit I have often considered the same, and had a good chunk of forumlessness between Esangha and here to sit with. In some ways, for the reasons you are leaving I have considered it as a potential reason to stay: sometimes I've found that the inflations of pride or judgement that have flared up through some interactions on here have been a great lens through which to notice those latent traits in myself, and then to reflect on and work harder at liberating. Sort of like Atisha's tea caddy.. there's plenty of those lurking around the interwebz !

. . . and also what Magnus said. :smile:

That all said I respect your decision, and that it was made after considerable reflection. :heart:
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”