Any info on Ezra Bayda?

No holds barred discussion on the Buddhadharma. Argue about rebirth, karma, commentarial interpretations etc. Be nice to each other.

Any info on Ezra Bayda?

Postby dyanaprajna2011 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:31 pm

I have recently purchased the book "Zen Heart" by Ezra Bayda, and I was wanting to find more info on tjis autjor, but haven't had much luck. Does anyone know anything about him?
"If you want to travel the Way of Buddhas and Zen masters, then expect nothing, seek nothing, and grasp nothing." -Dogen
dyanaprajna2011

Re: Any info on Ezra Bayda?

Postby Kim O'Hara » Thu May 30, 2013 1:04 am

Kim O'Hara

Re: Any info on Ezra Bayda?

Postby dzogchungpa » Thu May 30, 2013 2:27 am

He seems like a nice guy, but, for what it's worth, his dharma transmission was "revoked" by Joko Beck.
ཨོཾ་མ་ཧཱ་ཤུནྱ་ཏཱ་ཛྙཱ་ན་བཛྲ་སྭཱ་བྷཱ་བ་ཨཱཏྨ་ཀོ་྅ཧཾ༔

The thousands of lines of the Prajnaparamita can be summed up in the following two sentences:
1) One should become a Bodhisattva (or, Buddha-to-be), i.e. one who is content with nothing less than all-knowledge attained through the perfection of wisdom for the sake of all beings.
2) There is no such thing as a Bodhisattva, or as all-knowledge, or as a ‘being’, or as the perfection of wisdom, or as an attainment.
To accept both these contradictory facts is to be perfect.
- Conze
dzogchungpa

Return to Open Dharma