Dakini Power

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
plwk

Dakini Power

Post by plwk »

Has anyone got hold of or read the latest book as the title suggests, just out last month? I am thinking of getting a copy.
From here, here & here, it does look very impressive on how these featured female teachers in the West have made their mark and shaping the transmission of the Buddha Dharma.
mandala

Re: Dakini Power

Post by mandala »

Thanks for your post & links, I wasn't aware of this publication but now I'm quite keen to check it out.

Such an interesting and diverse list of women featured..
Featured here are:

· Jetsun Khandro Rinpoche (This Precious Life)

· Dagmola Kusho Sakya (Princess in the Land of Snow)

· Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo (Diane Perry) (Into the Heart of Life)

· Pema Chödrön (Deirdre Blomfield-Brown) (When Things Fall Apart; Start Where You Are)

· Khandro Tsering Chödrön (aunt of Sogyal Rinpoche, author of The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying)

· Thubten Chodron (Cherry Greene) (Buddhism for Beginners; Taming the Mind)

· Karma Lekshe Tsomo (Patricia Zenn) (Buddhism Through American Women's Eyes)

· Chagdud Khadro (Jane Dedman) (P'howa Commentary; Life in Relation to Death)

· Sangye Khandro (Nanci Gay Gustafson) (Meditation, Transformation, and Dream Yoga)

· Roshi Joan Halifax (Being with Dying)

· Lama Tsultrim Allione (Joan Rousmanière Ewing) (Women of Wisdom; Feeding Your Demons)

· Elizabeth Mattis-Namgyel (The Power of an Open Question)
philji

Re: Dakini Power

Post by philji »

It would be great to have a book outlining the lives of some of the consorts of recent masters..such as those aligned to Dilgo. khyentse, Chatral Rinpoche, tulku Urgyen...sorry cant remember the names right now... these Tibetan women who quietly and discreetly helped so many...... :twothumbsup:

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”