Tashi Gyepa

Nilasarasvati
Location: Trāyastriṃśa. Just kidding. What a cool sanksrit word, huh?

Tashi Gyepa

Post by Nilasarasvati »

One of my favorite favorite favorite prayers, maybe my number one most cherished is the Praises of the 8 Sublime Auspicious Ones by Mipham Rinpoche;
other than his colophon, does anybody know of any other resources or commentaries related to it? I doubt it has its own thangkas as it is not a complete practise but I'm wondering if the 8 Sugatas mentioned are depicted in any art anywhere.

Has anybody received visualization instructions on this prayer?
kirtu
Former staff member

Re: Tashi Gyepa

Post by kirtu »

This is from a sutra where Shakyamuni Buddha tells people to recite the names of these eight Sugata's, the names of the eight Bodhisattvas and remember the eight gods mentioned in order to eliminate problems. So there could well be a thangka or a depiction of some sort.

All the teaching I have heard on this prayer has been oral. But I'm pretty sure that Lama Zopa has teaching published (mainly because he taught on it orally and probably Lama Yeshe as well).

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
ngodrup

Post by ngodrup »

Mangalam Sutra
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

IMG_6590.JPG
IMG_6590.JPG (21.65 KiB) Viewed 1692 times
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
aussiebloke

Post by aussiebloke »

DewachenVagabond

Post by DewachenVagabond »

kirtu wrote: Thu May 23, 2013 6:06 pm This is from a sutra where Shakyamuni Buddha tells people to recite the names of these eight Sugata's, the names of the eight Bodhisattvas and remember the eight gods mentioned in order to eliminate problems. So there could well be a thangka or a depiction of some sort.

All the teaching I have heard on this prayer has been oral. But I'm pretty sure that Lama Zopa has teaching published (mainly because he taught on it orally and probably Lama Yeshe as well).

Kirt
ngodrup wrote: Fri May 24, 2013 4:39 amMangalam Sutra
Is there an English translation of this text? All I'm finding is the Pali Mangala Sutta. It doesn't look like it is the same.
:bow: :buddha1: :bow: :anjali: :meditate:

Return to “Nyingma”